Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital

Options
  • 30-08-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

About three weeks ago we were having problems with our Sky digital and we were getting no signal from the box at all. I rang customer service and the lady tried all the usual things over the phone to solve the problem but to no avail. She then informed me I would have to have an engineer come out and fix it with a cost of €100. I agreed and she told me it would take about 9 days for the engineer to come out so I reluctantly agreed to it and was not happy being without a signal for almost 2 weeks while I was still paying for it and just as the football season was almost upon us.

After a few days the signal returned(why I don't know) and I informed them to cancel the engineer and also that we would be discontinuing the service ASAP and changing to a rival. They informed me there would have to be 30 days notice. Now the problem is the payment for August has just come out of my bank account and they have also taken the €100 for the engineer charge that was cancelled and which they were informed about. I rang again today to get my €100 back and they said providing there is no outstanding bills I could have my money back but gave me no time frame for this. As you can imagine I am not very happy about this and was wondering whether there was anything else I could do?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd start looking for a supervisor and kicking up if I was you, getting charged for a engineer visit that never happened.
    Bad form!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Go to your bank and say you did not authorise the charge from your account and they will insitgate what is known as an imdenity claim which basically means you get your money back immediately and the bank chase sky to get the cash back.

You will of course proabably hear back from SKY as soon as they realise this is happened but your hand will be a lot stronger in the argument once you are the one with the cash in your bank account :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭pleba

i had many many many many many (you get the picture) problems with Sky since I first had it installed last October. Most of my issues were billing related.
    Supervisors, team leaders, managers and heads of departments all chose not to do anything about my problem and the 'threatening' letters kept on coming from Sky along with the regular disconnection of my service.
    At all times throughout this 6 month period I was in the right.

Mysteriously, and after I sent a (very last resort) letter to the Sky CEO James Murdoch all the problems were resolved within the week, swiftly followed by a personal apology. I hated having to send a letter to the CEO but it was the only way I had of getting the problem sorted. In my opinion Sky customer service is an absolute disaster, the worst I have ever dealt with. On the other hand though I do like the service.

Advertisement