Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap tents

Options
  • 30-08-2006 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hey all, Just wondering if any of you know where to get a cheap 1-man tent in Dublin. I'm talking in the range of €20. Move thread if needed mod..

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Heheh, electric picnic time methinks :)
    I really doubt you'll be doing a whole of sleeping. I'm buying an action man tent in Smyths toys and bringing a sleeping bag. If it rains I'll just kip in the 24 hour cinema. Lidl have some good ones but they're about 40+ if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH.

edit: I'll move this to Dublin City as I'm not sure if its an Outdoor Persuit thing you are after. No harm in asking in Gigs/Events. Theres also a thread there regarding a checklist, have a look there also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Yea, its outdoor at a festival :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭cathymcl2

hallelujah wrote:
    Hey all, Just wondering if any of you know where to get a cheap 1-man tent in Dublin. I'm talking in the range of €20. Move thread if needed mod..

Cheers.

Hi Tesco do a small tent [although is supposed to be 2 person] that's €15

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Ruu wrote:
    Moved from AH.

edit: I'll move this to Dublin City as I'm not sure if its an Outdoor Persuit thing you are after. No harm in asking in Gigs/Events. Theres also a thread there regarding a checklist, have a look there also.

You mean the lads over in Outdoor Pursuits don't use action man tents....?I taught this was the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

My sister got one in Tesco's for about 20blips..

Alternatively, there's places on Capel Street, Mary Street, and Talbot Street offering 2 man tents from 15euro..

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Lidl is doing a 2-Men tent on Monday for 13.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Thanks all, got a two man tent for €15 in Argos. It leaked Friday night. So Sat night I pulled a flange and stayed in hers. *memories*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

Some people occasionally give away tents on www.jumbletown.com for free, you could check it out for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Action man tent?..would that not be a wee bit on the smallside? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

My advice would be not to get the ones in dunnes ect. because EVERYONE has them which means lots of people opening your tent thinking its theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

edit: old thread is old

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brendan Healy

hallelujah wrote: »

Cheers.
    Hi there

I came across a great site called www.ishkasports.com ,Its down in Wicklow and they have really good deals there which include free shipping ,

I bought a Tent and some other Camping equipment from them and got it the next day

Hope that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hi there

I came across a great site called www.ishkasports.com ,Its down in Wicklow and they have really good deals there which include free shipping ,

I bought a Tent and some other Camping equipment from them and got it the next day

Hope that helps...

OOhh I wonder if the OP has found a tent since 2006.. I'm guessing they have.

Advertisement