Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infatuation

• 30-08-2006 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Am I normal to still be infatuated with my bf of a year?
    I don't mean stalking him or anything, but I think about him a lot every day.
    I look forward to the days I see him, I'm filled with love for him everytime I think of him, so much so, it makes me smile.
    When I see him my whole face lights up.
    When he touches me I get goosepimples (in a good way)
    When we kiss I get butterflys.
    When we snog (God I hate that word), I can just about restrain myself from ripping the clothes off him.

I'm not smothering him or anything, see him a few hours during the week & then at the weekends.

Is it normal to still be this excited about someone a year into the relationship, or am I lucky, or sad/stupid????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

I'd say if you didnt get those feelings then you'd be best off out of there! Of course its normal!! If you are going out with someone that doesnt make you feel like this, what would be the point in going out with him?? Its a very strange post, and im kind of wondering why you are asking those questions at all??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Its quite normal OP, I don't really think theres anything left to say. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Agreed, an odd post.
    Infatuated wrote:
    Infatuation is a normal thing. Unfortunately it too often happens outside of a relationship. So at least in this case you're very lucky. Enjoy it. All you need to watch for is it turning into bitterness/clingyness. If you don't smother him (from his perspective cos yours is gonna be skewed) then it's all gravy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Congrats :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Infatuated wrote:
    I look forward to the days I see him, I'm filled with love for him everytime I think of him, so much so, it makes me smile.
    When we snog (God I hate that word), I can just about restrain myself from ripping the clothes off him.

Lucky you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Infatuated wrote:

I'm not smothering him or anything, see him a few hours during the week & then at the weekends.

Is it normal to still be this excited about someone a year into the relationship, or am I lucky, or sad/stupid????

You should just thank yourself lucky he feels the same way. The worst thing in the world is when you are infatuated but they don't feel the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Absolutely - you are very lucky and enjoy it while it lasts. Once hes treating you right of course and it sounds like he is ;)

I think after a year you can safely say its lurve :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its a very strange post, and im kind of wondering why you are asking those questions at all??? :confused:

Thanks everyone,
    That's what I was thinking.

Why was I asking the question at all?
    I've been in two LONG term relationships before this, & I've never felt like this.
    In fact, I always had a gut feeling they weren't 'The One', whereas from day one of this relationship I've felt like he is 'The One'

& I'm more & more sure with each day that passes.

But, I guess the sceptic in me is just going 'it can't be this good, surely something's wrong', where it isn't.

I do believe it's pure love, & not just the honeymoon period, but I guess I just wanted confirmation, or for ye to say cop on, it's to soon, or something like that.

He's absolutely wonderful & we feel so lucky to have each other.

We have our lives planned out together, site for our house, going through planning permission etc, & I'm just thinking 'this is too easy...'

I've just never been so happy in all my life, & I'm just waiting for someone to pinch me & waken me from this dream.

I guess I should stop waiting for my luck to run out, & just accept that I have struck it lucky.

Thanks for all your replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Congrats on being so happy, & you're right:- stop thinking something's going to go wrong & just enjoy it.

Long may it last for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Infatuated wrote:
    Thanks everyone,
    That's what I was thinking.

Why was I asking the question at all?
    I've been in two LONG term relationships before this, & I've never felt like this.
    In fact, I always had a gut feeling they weren't 'The One', whereas from day one of this relationship I've felt like he is 'The One'

& I'm more & more sure with each day that passes.

But, I guess the sceptic in me is just going 'it can't be this good, surely something's wrong', where it isn't.

I do believe it's pure love, & not just the honeymoon period, but I guess I just wanted confirmation, or for ye to say cop on, it's to soon, or something like that.

He's absolutely wonderful & we feel so lucky to have each other.

We have our lives planned out together, site for our house, going through planning permission etc, & I'm just thinking 'this is too easy...'

I've just never been so happy in all my life, & I'm just waiting for someone to pinch me & waken me from this dream.

I guess I should stop waiting for my luck to run out, & just accept that I have struck it lucky.

Thanks for all your replies

AAHHH! ok that would have been a little better as the first post!:D

You're right though, stop looking for something to go wrong with it because you seem to have a great relationship! good luck in the future!;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Lucky.

Advertisement