Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antec LifeStyle SONATA II or COOLER MASTER Centurion 5

• 30-08-2006 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I will be starting my first build shortly and I've my case choice down to the following 2

Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450Watt SmartPower 2.0 ATX 12V V2.0 for AMD & Intel systems Power Supply

or

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

with..Rosewill RP550-2 ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL

The second option with the seperate case & PSU is working out about €30 more expensive.

What d'ya reckon????? bearing in mind that I will not be attempting any high level overclocking.

Cheers for any info

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I have a CAC-T05, just after spraying the interior black (bit of a rough job).

It's a nice case.

I love my rivet gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

go for a p180 or a CM stacker, much nicer cases imo, But its all about personal taste, as your the one that will have to look at it daily. So pick what you consider nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Naux wrote:
    with..Rosewill RP550-2 ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL

this any good? if not then go for the sonata they are a lovely case and the psu isnt too bad at all depending on how much stuff your putting in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I'd go for the sonata, for the better power supply and the lovely quietness

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

The Sonata it is ...........order it today:D

I'll be hopefully going for E6400/E6300, 7900GT, 2 GIGS RAM so I'm assuming the 450W PSU should be fine????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Naux wrote:
    The Sonata it is ...........order it today:D

I'll be hopefully going for E6400/E6300, 7900GT, 2 GIGS RAM so I'm assuming the 450W PSU should be fine????

sweet. dont know if the psu will be enough, but sure u can try it and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

7900GT is very easy on the power supply, you should get by just fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Would it be to late recomending a Antec Solo/P150? The P150 comes with a PSU (same as sonata) only its pearl white or something.

I had a first gen sonata and now the Solo, slightly taller case much better hd mounting (suspened or with trays) and better cooling.

Jozi

Advertisement