Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteering

• 30-08-2006 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Im looking into doing a MSc in Criminology next year and would find it beneficial to volunteer in some kind of agency such as young offenders institution or rehab clinic. Does anyone know any info on how I can go about this?
    Any advise appreciated
    Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

volunteeringireland? They have a website with all sorts of volunteering placements. If you're going to work with young people, you might want to get started on getting Garda clearance as it can take quite a while to come through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sarahbear

Thanks a mill I didn't think anyone would reply so quick. Thanks for the info Ill deffo check it out!
    Cheers
    Sarah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

sarahbear wrote:
    Hi Im looking into doing a MSc in Criminology next year and would find it beneficial to volunteer in some kind of agency such as young offenders institution or rehab clinic. Does anyone know any info on how I can go about this?
    Any advise appreciated
    Sarah

Hi I work in various rehab settings in Dublin, depending on your location I may be able to put you in contact with some agencies, feel free to pm me if I can be of any use. I can remember what its like trying to get placements.

Advertisement