Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mIRC probs

• 30-08-2006 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I recently got an Irish Broadband connection, which, touch wood has been working very well. My problem is - I have been using mIRC but my downloads seem to be running rather slow.
    I have a 1meg connection and it max's at about 127 Kb/sec when downloading from various sites, but I'm only getting about 40 Kb/sec on mIRC. I have tried the same downloads on a mates BT connection and they come down at full speed. Anyone else had problems like this? Any help is appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Sorry, to clarify: you're getting 40Kb/s on DCC File Transfers? Try /pdcc [on|off]
    Check firewalls, portforwarding (if you can), and keep in mind that it could be that they're on a slower connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Karoma wrote:
    Sorry, to clarify: you're getting 40Kb/s on DCC File Transfers? Try /pdcc [on|off]
    Check firewalls, portforwarding (if you can), and keep in mind that it could be that they're on a slower connection.

Thanks for the reply Karoma, I will check those settings when I get home.

Yes, I'm gettin 40kB/sec on DCC. I have downloaded the same file on my mates BT connection and he is getting a very fast download speed. Very confusing stuff. :confused:

Advertisement