Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ico, Still worth getting?

Options
  • 30-08-2006 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

Well the title says it all, is it worth getting. I missed out on getting Ico when it was first released and I always wanted to play it. Before I get it though I just want to know has the game aged well and is it still a good buy?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Buy it and Shadow of the Colossus and say goodbye to the rest of September... apparently worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Havent personally played ICO, but it is considered one of, if not the best PS2 game out there. I have played and finished Shadow of the Colossus, and its a must buy for the PS2. Absolutly great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ico is still great. It has a very good style to it so I think will always look good.

There is a good chance that your expectations might be a bit high though... It is horribly built up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Reckon you have had your answer mate, there are very few gamers who found Ico to be anything other than essential.
    Together with SOTC, Silent Hill series and MGS they are the closest gaming has yet got to art, pure genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Enjoyed SOTC initially, there is a truly epic scale to it, there is no denying that. Have to say though, after i progressed through the game I did tire of it, found there wasn't much variety. I feel that in this way, the hype killed it for me, since had i of picked the game up and played it through after hearing little or nothing about it, i would have enjoyed it much more. I'd imagine the same might go for ICO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Thanks for the advice everyone, after hearing your thoughts on the matter I think I'll definitley give both Ico and SOTC a whirl. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭StarryBud

Yes, Ico is worth getting. But bear in mind it is extremely overrated by some people (best game ever made me arse) and is extremely short (8 hours not including what-the-hell-do-I-do-now time).

Advertisement