Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will this spec do me?

• 30-08-2006 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    What do you think of this spec for €1384. Basically I want a machine that will run games decently enough, not particularly at full blast, but at a playable level. I will also be doing a fair bit of messing around with photos and video editing, taking to footage from a MiniDV Camcorder etc. Do you reckon this would do me, or has anyone else spotted a better deal around for around the €1400 mark. This is a Dell inspiron 6400, and its the price after a discount I'm entitled to applied.

What are the TrueLife screens like compared to say the Sony Vaio screens?

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2500 (2 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB) edit
    Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 (incl Operating System Re-Installation CD) edit
    Collect & Return, 1 Year Service only edit
    LCD 15.4" UltraSharp™ Wide Screen WSXGA (1680x1050) TFT Display with TrueLife™ edit
    2048MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024) edit
    120GB (5,400rpm) Hard Drive edit
    Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW with Software edit
    GRAPHICS CARD 256MB ATI® Mobility™ Radeon® X1400 HyperMemory™ graphics card edit
    Intel® Pro Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Mini PCI Wireless LAN Card for Duo Processors edit
    BLUETOOTH Dell™ Wireless 350 Bluetooth 2.0 Module (up to 3Mbps) with Enhanced Data Rate edit
    Free - Deluxe Nylon Carry Case edit
    9 Cell, 80Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery edit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Not too bad. I had to spec something similar for a mate and have come up with this. Not much difference bar twice the memory in the dell and a better graphics card in the Asus. Both not bad laptops for the price IMO.

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Asus_F3JA-AP024P_Laptop_F3JA-AP024P/version-1.asp

# Intel Centrino Core DuoT2250 Processor 1.7 GHz
    # 1024 MB DDRII-533MHz SDRAM - Low cost double memory offer – call for details!
    # 100 GB Hard Drive
    # DVD SuperMulti Drive - To read DVDs and CDs and write CDs, DVD+, DVD-
    # 15.4" WXGA Widescreen TFT Screen
    # ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 PCI-E 256 MB HyperMemory graphics
    # Integrated gigabit LAN
    # Integrated wireless 802.11 a/b/g LAN - Call for advice on Wireless networking
    # Integrated Bluetooth
    # 1.3 Mega-Pixel Web Cam
    # Integrated 4 -in-1 card reader – reads Memory Stick, Memory Stick, MultiMediaCard, SD Memory Card
    # Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition Pre Loaded
    # Microsoft Windows Vista Capable
    # 2 year warranty - upgradeable to 3 years

€1285.75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

Lets just say at that price I think you will be done alright.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

The rpm for the 120gb harddrive is 5400. Would you notice much difference in performance compared to the 7200 HDD's ???

Also it says that the wireless is a wireless card does that mean it is plugged into the expansion slot on the side of the laptop or is it internal??

Im thinking of buying a laptop so im just wondering!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

X1400 is perfectly good for light gaming - runs game on mid settings.

Advertisement