Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what do yee think of this

• 30-08-2006 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

im thiniking of getting this laptop its €1299...just wonderin what yee think?
    just wonderin if this is a fast laptop cause i dont know too much about this stuff

HP Pavilion dv6095ea

Weight 2.99Kg

Micro Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56

Memory 2GB DDR2 SDRAM Memory 533MHz (2x1024MB)

Cache Memory 1Mb (2 x 512Kb)
    Hard Disk(s) 100GB SATA Hard Disk Drive (5400 rpm)

Optical Drive(s) 8x DVD+-RW/+-R Dual Layer Writer

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 with 128MB of TurboCache Video Memory

Display 15.4" WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen, 1280 x 800 Pixels
    Multimedia 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader, Altec Lansing speakers, HP Remote Control

Interface(s) 1 VGA port

3 USB 2.0 ports

1 IEEE-1394
    1 S-video TV out
    1 ExpressCard/54 slot
    Modem Integrated 56k V.90 data/fax modem
    Networking 10/100 Ethernet LAN, 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN
    Battery 6 Cell Li-Ion Battery
    Average Run Time* Not specified
    Features 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader, Altec Lansing speakers, HP Remote Control

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭smk135

hey,

i dont want to misguide you because i dont know a huge amount when it comes to computers but i have a HP and its shiiiite, and i know a few ppl who havebeen pretty unsatisfed with them... as in they tend to get very very slow very quickly and crash very often...
    again, im pretty ignorant hen it comes to this kind of thing but from personal experience id stay away from HP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

yea..no i appreciate that..my sis got a hp alright a few months ago,and i was talkin to her the day and she said hers had gotten slow alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

In terms of overall speed, lets say when the traps go up you will be last out of the box.

you serious?? how fast would the Micro Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 compared to say a dell with Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology with Intel® CoreT Duo Processor T2250 (1.73GHx, 2MB L2 Cache 533Mhz FSB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

Well I have not been able to test it out in full but buy the time I opened the lid of it it was out of date, do you get me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's not bad, but I hope you don't plan playing games - the 7200 turbocache is rubbish, and its a shame really because the rest of the spec is pretty good. I'd say battery life wouldn't be great though.

Also, regarding HP's, they don't have an overall great rep, but don't believe someone who says "They get slow" - that isn't the machine, thats the actual user getting themselves riddled with spyware and adware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I bought myself a HP DV8000 with the turion 64 because I had a work HP laptop previously so I have a high opinion of them. My brother just got a new dell core duo which I don't rate as being largely better except that the core duo is outstanding in terms of battery performance.

As for getting slow - well it's hardly like the CPU will decay or anything but that windows slowsdown with disk degragmentation, registry over-use and newer versions of everything fromanti-virus to word processing so every machine will naturally slow down over time. A reinstall is good from time to time. Also people tend to compare against newer machines with faster processors and feel that theirs has gotten slower when it is the other machines that have gotten faster...
    you serious?? how fast would the Micro Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 compared to say a dell with Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology with Intel® CoreT Duo Processor T2250 (1.73GHx, 2MB L2 Cache 533Mhz FSB

I'd say unless you are doing serious video processing or the like you might not notice!

no i wont be playing games the only game i ever play on my comp is the sims.. i will mostly be for college pojects and stuff and just goin online so im thinkin it'll be grand for that....
    i think im gonna go with it ive had two hp desktops and my brothers have had two and both have never had problems also im gettin the three year service thing just in case of any problems and that also covers accidental damage which is handy!

Advertisement