Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax Disc Colour

• 30-08-2006 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the difference in colours in tax discs means ?
    Is it only the month of expirey or are classic/commercials different from ordinary disc colours?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They change colours every couple of months, this prevents scammers from folding two different tax discs in half and putting them in a tax disc holder (10/05 and 01/06 becomes 10/06)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

They have also added Colour shifting Ink, like the ink on the €50 which changed colour when you hold in a different position to the light. They are now harder to forge, I much prefer the Tax Discs from Shannon as they are printed on parchment directly and are much neater, the tax discs you get in the local offices can either be done in some crappy dot type printer or even written by hand :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

depends on how into tax discs you are i suppose....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

colm_mcm wrote:
    depends on how into tax discs you are i suppose....

:D

Interestingly, has anybody noticed how Tax Discs used to have lettering as gaeilge below the expiry date until a few years ago, plus neater/bigger expiry date letters/numbers ?

The current discs look very anglised?!

Noticed this recently when I found an old disc and compared it to the current discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

RobAMerc wrote:
    Anyone know what the difference in colours in tax discs means ?
    Is it only the month of expirey or are classic/commercials different from ordinary disc colours?

its so the gardai don't have to put down the burger when checking tax.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement