Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timing out and fatal errors

Options
  • 30-08-2006 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Since I've started using my new pc i've been getting a lot of lag outs and fatal errors. It happens when theres alot going on on the screen at once like in raids and outside the auction house in IF. My new PC is higher spec than my previous one which never had this problem.

Anyone had experience with this kinda thing themselves? I thought it might be mod related but it only happens in the crowded areas and i'm using all the same mods i used on my old pc which never had the problem. So it might be hardware related i guess. Don't really know what to do to try to fix it though.

any advice?:(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is yourt pc Dual Core? Cause i remember that there were a fair few problems with Dual Core systems a while ago. Some crashes/wont load etc...Check the tech support forums? Do you get that WoW error report thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Try updating the graphics card drivers, its worked for me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Sounds like its crashing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

its stil happening :(:(

happened with no mods installed at all so it must be somethig else.

As i said it only happens in situations where theres alot going on on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

*sigh* post on topic or at least be nice please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭rgfuller

As i said it only happens in situations where theres alot going on on screen.

Could your machine be overheating ?

How hot is the air coming out of the back of it ?

Maybe your internet connection is contested/saturated and causing the lag out - may not have been as busy as before.

Maybe try turning down the gfx settings see if that helps.

Advertisement