Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

kaimera wrote:
    Can anybody confirm it works with the SE w810i ?
    It does. I've used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

kaimera wrote:
    Can anybody confirm it works with the SE w810i ?

Confirmed! What network?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Works perfect on 2c method on meteor for me. Cant get the 1c method working with this handset though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

dal wrote:
    Confirmed! What network?

Excellent. o2 still.

Won a w810i today :) Just have to get round to putting aft back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Confirmed here too using Meteor. 2c texts at the moment must work on the ISP settings as mentioned in previous posts to get it back to 1c. Thanks very much for the app, much appreciated!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

kaimera wrote:
    Excellent. o2 still.

Won a w810i today :) Just have to get round to putting aft back on.

You should be able to get the 0.25c (or less) texts. Are you pay as you go?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

webels wrote:
    Confirmed here too using Meteor. 2c texts at the moment must work on the ISP settings as mentioned in previous posts to get it back to 1c. Thanks very much for the app, much appreciated!!!

Well if you manage to get the 1c method working on the w810i on meteor, be sure to post back your settings.

Aquos76, Am waiting on Meteor to send me some info on the settings, as described earlier on this thread. If I get it working I will post back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

webels wrote:
    Aquos76, Am waiting on Meteor to send me some info on the settings, as described earlier on this thread. If I get it working I will post back.
    The settings you can grab from boards ... it's to actually have the ISP settings activated on your account which Meteor need to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

dal wrote:
    You should be able to get the 0.25c (or less) texts. Are you pay as you go?

Got the cheap texts :) Works a charm on the new phone.

Thanks Nazoil, I tried those settings I get the following error message "Message sent you have Error messages left" and the message does not get sent . The old Meteor settings are still working fine at 2c per text. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Im still getting the message - Message sent. You have error in HTTP operationError messages left.

The message doesnt send, i have a nokia 6101 on meteor with the meteor ISP and its activated. Just dont know where im gone wrong anyone have anything else I could try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

webels wrote:
    Thanks Nazoil, I tried those settings I get the following error message "Message sent you have Error messages left" and the message does not get sent . The old Meteor settings are still working fine at 2c per text. Any ideas?

Have you the default internet setting at meteor isp

Basically there are two ways to access internet, either through WAP or isp

Do you have opera mini on phone. That needs the same access point as AFT, so if tou can get that working, AFT will work

Im still getting the message - Message sent. You have error in HTTP operationError messages left.

The message doesnt send, i have a nokia 6101 on meteor with the meteor ISP and its activated. Just dont know where im gone wrong anyone have anything else I could try?

You have deleted all the dodgy Thai settings that were on your phone where you bought it and you have downloaded new settings from Nokia website

You have selected to activate the downloaded settings

You have gone menu > web > settings > configuration settings
    You have scrolled to account and selected Meteor ISP

You have created a new bookmark http://ea.mobile.nokia.com and called it whatever you like - I call it "Nokia test". You do this because the Meteor isp settings doesn't include a homepage.

You have highlighted this bookmark and selected goto and this Nokia website loads

You have checked in your call details that a Meteor isp connection was made

So now you know Meteor isp is activated on your account

Then you go menu > settings > configuration > preferred access point
    there is one highlighted setting called meteor isp?
    You have pressed select to activate it?

Now Preferred Access Point - Meteor ISP is highlighted
    Press select > options > Details
    It says
    Data bearer : GPRS
    GPRS access point : isp.mymeteor.ie

If all the above is true, you are subscribed to meteor isp and you have correctly configured AFT and you cannot use the service, then you could have a dodgy Thai phone.

yapyap wrote:
    You have deleted all the dodgy Thai settings that were on your phone where you bought it and you have downloaded new settings from Nokia website

You have selected to activate the downloaded settings

You have gone menu > web > settings > configuration settings
    You have scrolled to account and selected Meteor ISP Yes

You have created a new bookmark http://ea.mobile.nokia.com and called it whatever you like - I call it "Nokia test". You do this because the Meteor isp settings doesn't include a homepage. Yes

You have highlighted this bookmark and selected goto and this Nokia website loads Yes

You have checked in your call details that a Meteor isp connection was made Yes

So now you know Meteor isp is activated on your account

Then you go menu > settings > configuration > preferred access point
    there is one highlighted setting called meteor isp?
    You have pressed select to activate it? Yes

Now Preferred Access Point - Meteor ISP is highlighted
    Press select > options > Details
    It says
    Data bearer : GPRS No,it says packet data
    GPRS access point Here it says "Packet data access": isp.mymeteor.ie yes thats the address

So i think the problem is the above, although ive followed all your instructions. Any ideas as to why it says packet data instead? Thanks for your help

So i think the problem is the above, although ive followed all your instructions. Any ideas as to why it says packet data instead? Thanks for your help

gprs and packet data are the same so that shouldn't matter
    you will get opera mini here this needs the same Access Point as AFT
    http://mini.opera.com/#menu

Download it, instal and open

Within Opera
    Menu > Tools > Help > Introduction
    Scroll to Phone setup and Opera will look to test your network connection. If it works, then it's a problem with AFT.

Just curious about this
    From the main menu > Web > Settings > Security Settings
    Is there a list in "Authority Certificates"? How many?

Highlight AFT without opening, press options and you have a list like
    Delete
    Details, etc
    Is "update version" greyed out , ie. by pressing this menu item can you access the AFT update site.

You have just downloaded one copy of AFT. It is necessary to delete a previous installation if you are doing a fresh instal

If you have narrowed it down to just AFT not working, notwithstanding the fact that your handset is MIDP2 compatible, you could try the MIDP1 version

When you brought home your phone, did you get it flashed with generic Nokia firmware or is the Thai stuff on it still?

A possible explanation would be that some phone firmware wont allow third party apps without certification to access the internet from the phone. T-Mobil apparantly do it all the time

As a matter of interest with other Nokia users successfully using AFT, can you access the update site? I know I can on mine, but it seems that other people with problems have this feature greyed out too?

Within Opera
    Scroll to Phone setup and Opera will look to test your access point connection. If it works, then it's a problem with AFT.

Just curious about this
    Is there a list in "Authority Certificates"? How many?

Delete
    Details, etc
    Is "update version" greyed out , ie. by pressing this menu item can you access the AFT update site.

You have just downloaded one copy of AFT. It is necessary to delete a previous installation if you are doing a fresh instal

If you have narrowed it down to just AFT not working, notwithstanding the fact that your handset is MIDP2 compatible, you could try the MIDP1 version

When you brought home your phone, did you get it flashed with generic Nokia firmware or is the Thai stuff on it still?

A possible explanation would be that some phone firmware wont allow third party apps without certification to access the internet from the phone. T-Mobil apparantly do it all the time

As a matter of interest with other Nokia users successfully using AFT,
    can you access the update site from the highlight app > options menu?
    I know I can on mine, but my phone is SIM free and it seems that other people with problems have this feature greyed out too?
    Could there be problems associated with particular operator firmware?

Ensure that the mymeteor site is working
    try on multitext - I think AFT and multitext use the same server.

If you can send on multitext and not on AFT, Opera Mini works then it's down to your phone firmware.

yapyap wrote:

Within Opera
    Scroll to Phone setup and Opera will look to test your access point connection. If it works, then it's a problem with AFT. Doesnt work, tells me to subscribe to GPRS

Just curious about this
    Is there a list in "Authority Certificates"? How many? 12

Delete
    Details, etc
    Is "update version" greyed out , ie. by pressing this menu item can you access the AFT update site. Nomits not greyed out

When you brought home your phone, did you get it flashed with generic Nokia firmware or is the Thai stuff on it still? Didnt get it flashed, i think the network was AIS as that appears when i turn the phone on

A possible explanation would be that some phone firmware wont allow third party apps without certification to access the internet from the phone. T-Mobil apparantly do it all the time It asks me can it allow network accsess, to which i press yes so i dont think this is the problem

As a matter of interest with other Nokia users successfully using AFT,
    can you access the update site from the highlight app > options menu?
    I know I can on mine, but my phone is SIM free and it seems that other people with problems have this feature greyed out too?
    Could there be problems associated with particular operator firmware?

Thanks for your help.

menu > settings > configuration > personal configuration settings
    Scroll to options > Add New > Access Point

Account Name =greatisp

Access point settings > Data bearer = packet data

Select Bearer Settings > ....access point = isp.mymeteor.ie
    Authentication type = Normal
    Username = my
    Password = isp
    Reconfirm password = isp

Now return to personal accts. and highlight greatisp > options > activate

Try with that

• Advertisement

yapyap wrote:
    menu > settings > configuration > personal configuration settings
    Scroll to options > Add New > Access Point

Account Name =greatisp Done

Access point settings > Data bearer = packet data Yes

Select Bearer Settings > ....access point = isp.mymeteor.ie
    Authentication type = Normal
    Username = my
    Password = isp
    Reconfirm password = isp Yes

Now return to personal accts. and highlight greatisp > options > activate Yes!

Try with that

Still no luck im afraid, having looked at my calls on the meteor website its still coming up as GPRSWAP. So i rang meteor again to get them to activate ISP and she said I have to text "Open" to 51510. So I did this but still no luck. I think its just not goin to happen for me. How can i change it to try get the 2c messages? Cos its clear the GPRSWap settings are working (im getting charged by meteor when i view my calls)

Thanks for all your help yapyap i really appreciate the effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

did it work on vodafone? because it shouldn't have :confused:

or is it a V1240 with an o2 sim?
    at the moment it doesn't work for vodafone but i could make it to quite quickly if the java app won't work on your V1240 and you need it to
    With so many replies on this thread, I never spotted your question :(

I'm using a V1240 with an O2 sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

byrnefm wrote:
    With so many replies on this thread, I never spotted your question :(

I'm using a V1240 with an O2 sim.
    yeah o2's fine. i thought my program somehow had more functionality than i'd given it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I get "Access denied" all the time with AFT now, even trying different Meteor and o2 accounts. This error occurs both with AFTuser usernames and direct access to the web texts from the networks. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

looks like the admin of the dedicated server might have changed a setting, it will be sorted in a couple of hours hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

Its fixed now (thanks yman)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hey guys, have an O2 and a Meteor mobile on bill, using the O2 to txt to Oz and working greta using this tool but Meteor wont allow it, now my bill is up and I was thinking about swapping the Meteor for maybe a Vodafone, but was wondering do Vodafone alllow for foreign txt or is it a O2 thing only?:D

Big Nelly wrote:
    Hey guys, have an O2 and a Meteor mobile on bill, using the O2 to txt to Oz and working greta using this tool but Meteor wont allow it, now my bill is up and I was thinking about swapping the Meteor for maybe a Vodafone, but was wondering do Vodafone alllow for foreign txt or is it a O2 thing only?:D

no o2 is the only decent network
    avoid Vf billpay as the GPRS charge is minimum 19.36c / session unless you're on a data plan. If you want to stay with Meteor and send international texts shown as originating from your Meteor number google for hooya.com or mobisms.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

yapyap wrote:
    no o2 is the only decent network
    avoid Vf billpay as the GPRS charge is minimum 19.36c / session unless you're on a data plan. If you want to stay with Meteor and send international texts shown as originating from your Meteor number google for hooya.com or mobisms.com

Are hooya or mobism any good or just rip offs?

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    Are hooya or mobism any good or just rip offs?

rip off - no
    good - yes
    benefits - send international texts from Vf and Meteor handsets for a pittance
    drawbacks - mobisms & basic hooya embellish your text with their name at the end, whereas hooya pro costs a little more but doesn't
    - so far hooya can only be sent from your pc
    summary - enjoy the benefits of AFT when you can and use the others for relatively low cost when you have to:D

Advertisement