Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

will this app work on the 6233?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

lfc1892 wrote:
    will this app work on the 6233?
    yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dirk_Swords

hi...

is there a problem with O2? I can send AFT with my vodafone account but if I use my O2 account (I tried 2 different accounts) ther comes straight a message: "There was a problem sending your message"

I already reinstalled the AFT-application! - but same effect!

can you please help me! because I need to send with O2 (because of international text!)

Thank you

Dirk

p.s. if I use MultiText on my computer it works fine with the same O2 accounts! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

yeah o2 not working for me either. it used to tho

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

Has anyone gotten this to work with an LG KG800??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Just used O2 and sent a message to my self

I am on Bill Pay
    have K800i

and message was sent and was recieved as i sent it to my self

cost of message on gprs is .01 cent

So i confirm its still working

My sugession if its not working
    >>uninstall application> do master reset for the phone>> load the settings for gprs from provider>> see if u can browse the provider home page I.E o2,meteor,3 or vodafone and then install application again !

try sending again should work !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FranktheTank

Hey Guys! getting 'there was a problem sending your message' error as well on a k800i (bill pay) for o2! ive reinstalled it and all but nothings changing... maybe it my settings? i got o2 to email them out to me and the came back with this...

Settings >Connectivitytab > Select Data Communications from list > Select Data accounts > New account.

Name: o2 gprs
    APN: wap.dol.ie
    Username: gprs
    Password: gprs
    Go to Login request: Off
    Allow calls: GPRS only or Automatic
    IP address: leave blank
    DNS address: leave this blank
    Authentication: Ensure only PAP is marked and click OK
    Data Compression: Off
    Header compr: Off

Goto Internet Settings > Internet profiles > New profile
    Enter the following settings:

Name: o2
    Connect using: select o2 gprs

Select Save, hightly O2 and press More > Settings

Use proxy: Yes
    Proxy address: 62.40.32.40
    Port number: 8080
    Username: leave as is
    Password: leave as is

Change homepage: o2 home
    Address: http://www.o2.ie

Sorry for the length but want to make sure i get it right as the gfs up north and would be a lifesaver! anything wrong with the settings they sent me that would make it not work? or something im doing wrong/ forgetting?? any help would be great! cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

the o2 service is a bit dodgy at the moment, will try and get this resolved. Prob best to move to gateway of the Multitext app

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FranktheTank

cheers for the info :) not so much a problem in work as im at the internet all day anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 yman

If you use O2 AFT User (sms.donutsoft.net) on your phone, you will be using the new and improved o2 sending gateway, which sports dramatically improved reliability over the default gateway which the AFT app uses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Thanks

yman will you send me on details of the aft gateway and i'll do forwarding to the new gateway via mine.
    email: donaloconnor AT gmail.com

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Webmonkey wrote:
    yman will you send me on details of the aft gateway and i'll do forwarding to the new gateway via mine.
    email: donaloconnor AT gmail.com

Thanks

Webmonkey, I could just make a new release of AFT which called the server directly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dirk_Swords

I'm still not able to use my O2 account! Anybody know if this will work again someday? The same O2 account-details works fine with MultiText... but AFT keep bringing up the message: "There was a problem sending your message"

please help!

dirk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

When my Samsung x820 finishes to download the file, I get the error "Java error content does not match application" and the app is not installed.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

Right i promise i'll do the forwarding to the multitext gateway during the weekend. Stuck with work in college all week.
    dal, i suppose you could imprement multitexts gateway in next release but i'll still do forwarding for older versions to still work

Ok, there is a new version of aft up:
    http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar

This goes directly to donuts server for o2 traffic.

I had put a new version up las week, but please note that there was a bug in this version and it would not have worked for o2 users (my fault for not testing properly).

No reason for meteor/vodafone users to upgrade to this new version, altho there is a nice little "Sending" animation while the message is being sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nice one dal :)

New sending animation makes it all worthshile in itself .. though, I'm still having issues sending O2 messages."There was a problem sending your message"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ciaranfo wrote:
    Nice one dal :)

New sending animation makes it all worthshile in itself .. though, I'm still having issues sending O2 messages."There was a problem sending your message"
    Disregard the problems I mentioned above. I hadn't used it in so long my GPRS wasn't setup right :D

Nice work.

Bob24 wrote:
    When my Samsung x820 finishes to download the file, I get the error "Java error content does not match application" and the app is not installed.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?
    Did you try to download the jad file?
    http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

Nice release, that graphic is awesome :p

Whatever you did it fixed my problem where it doesnt tell you how many texts you have left after sending.

It got me thinkin, it would be nice if in recent messages, it would tell you if the message was sent successfully or not,sometimes i forget if it worked or not and never end up sending the message. And another handy thing would be a counter in the app itself. Maybe one that counts succesfully sent message and unsuccessfull messages. Be good way of seeing how much im actually saving, and also see how well the app is working.

Thanks again for the update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I installed the jad file on my Nokia 6100 ('tis old, I know) but it seems to be greyed out on the applications menu.

The older version worked fine though. I'm on O2 and 2 out of 3 of my messages still seem to send successfully although it didn't work at all for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

dal wrote:
    Did you try to download the jad file?
    http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jad

Thanks for your answer. I tried and it is very stange, the download progress bar stays at 0% for a few seconds (with the .jar it actually downloads it) and then the phone kind of reboots (x820 splash screen and then searches for the network) but without asking for the SIM's PIN.

That one will be difficult to solve I think :(

Here's a video showing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCXUjUtqAoE

Bob24 wrote:
    Thanks for your answer. I tried and it is very stange, the download progress bar stays at 0% for a few seconds (with the .jar it actually downloads it) and then the phone kind of reboots (x820 splash screen and then searches for the network) but without asking for the SIM's PIN.

That one will be difficult to solve I think :(

Here's a video showing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCXUjUtqAoE

Hmmm, never seen that before.
    You could maybe try to download it using the wap page below (although I would surprised if it makes a difference tbh). Is there any way you might be able to transfer aft to your phone using bluetooth (ie download it to your computer first then transfer to phone via BT)?

http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/wapindex.wml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,311 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I set things up but i get a failed to send message when i try send a message to my number. the gprs icon comes up for a few seconds but i'm only get a failed message when it trys to send

i can use the gprs setting to download google maps with another java app, so i think theres nothing wrong with the internet connection settings

i've tried the o2 option with my phone number and o2 password and also the atf user option with the atf user with my atf username and password

is there something i'm doing wrong or any setting i should be changing?

the phones a k800

eolhc wrote:
    I set things up but i get a failed to send message when i try send a message to my number. the gprs icon comes up for a few seconds but i'm only get a failed message when it trys to send

i can use the gprs setting to download google maps with another java app, so i think theres nothing wrong with the internet connection settings

i've tried the o2 option with my phone number and o2 password and also the atf user option with the atf user with my atf username and password

is there something i'm doing wrong or any setting i should be changing?

the phones a k800

My guess is still that it is your connection settings.
    Is there any chance that you could download opera mini and see if that works for you (ie that you can browse the web using opera mini, there is also connection test integrated in the browser).

I will integrate a connection test into AFT as soon as I get a chance (hopefully this week), should have done it ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,311 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

dal wrote:
    My guess is still that it is your connection settings.
    Is there any chance that you could download opera mini and see if that works for you (ie that you can browse the web using opera mini, there is also connection test integrated in the browser).

I will integrate a connection test into AFT as soon as I get a chance (hopefully this week), should have done it ages ago.

thanks for the reply

i had opera mini on my phone, cant see the connection test option(maybe i have an old version) so tried go to sms.donutsoft.com and it loaded up the login screen. Also loaded the opera homepage

tried atf again a few times and get "there was a problem sending your message" again, hmm... can't really understand it.. might try messing with settings again later see if i've done something wrong

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Just a quick thank you for the new version. Im using a nokia 6233 on O2 prepay. The new gateway is astonishingly more reliable. I was txtin the gf last night and started usin aft at 12 (1cent txts stop) and must have sent about 15 txts. All sent first time using aft. Oh yea thanks for the animation too. Its a major improvement over the dots.

Jon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Any news on the Groups setup for the MultiText?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Tried searching this thread but didnt get any results. Does anyone know if this will work for the Samsung D600. I downloaded the .jar file to my phone via bluetooth but when I go to execute it just get an error saying 'Unsupported File Format', same with the .jad file which I presume is only supposed to be 1kb?

Advertisement