Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Dal, are you planning any further updates to AFT?
    Multiple accounts would be nice, and the ability to delete names of people last sent and also individual sent texts.

I will definitely do some updates in the next couple of weeks. Multiple accounts will be one of the things in there for sure, but why would you want to delete the names of the people you sent to last?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 keithmcgrane

Deleting of names is not a big thing, i'm just looking at the standard text functions from a Sony w810i point of view. You right there is no advantage to deleting the names. Look forward to the updates.

Thanks.

Keith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I have a sagem myX6-2 and am trying to set this up. I had a Nokia 6111 before and had it working perfect, but i broke that phone.

SO what do I have to do?

Activate my ISP (do i ring meteor again, I had this activated on the same SIM thats in the Sagem but a different phone?)

Then what do i do (I dont have time to start at the start of this thread and go all the way through!)

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

be carefull of comments like the whole I dont have time thing, your expecting others to spend time to help you but your not willing to spend time to help yourself ;)

Anyway seeing as its a sagem there probably isnt any mention of it on this entire thread, however you dont need to activate the ISP access point again. It should just be a case of going into your phones configuration and putting in the ISP settings (can be found in a sticky somewere in this forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

Any news on AFT using the Meteor ISP with the K750i?

• Advertisement

im pretty sure it works, you just have a miconfiguration. you sure your ISP settings is definitely activated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

MiniMetro wrote:
    Any news on AFT using the Meteor ISP with the K750i?

Easiest way I found with that setup was to have Sony send the Meteor settings from their site.

Cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi,
    I'm trying to browse to the killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar file in imode (o2) on my Sony K610im, but just a load of code comes up.

I'm not too familiar with phones and java/net access and everything.

I'm pretty sure my phone has Java, it has java games anyway.

Has anyone successfully used this on a K610im? I tried search the thread for "K610im" but it wouldn't search:(

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm trying to browse to the killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar file in imode (o2) on my Sony K610im, but just a load of code comes up.

I'm not too familiar with phones and java/net access and everything.

I'm pretty sure my phone has Java, it has java games anyway.

Has anyone successfully used this on a K610im? I tried search the thread for "K610im" but it wouldn't search:(

You tried the .jad file? Same url but replace the final "r" with a "d".
    And what do you mean a load of code comes up?

donutface wrote:
    im pretty sure it works, you just have a miconfiguration. you sure your ISP settings is definitely activated?

Sorry, not sure what you mean by a miconfiguration. ISP settings definitely activated (only took 3 weeks!!) they are activated as my internet profile and internet browsing is working fine.
    Cal wrote:
    Easiest way I found with that setup was to have Sony send the Meteor settings from their site.

I can't find where to get the ISP settings on the Sony Ericsson site, only the MMS and the GPRS WAP.

• Advertisement

Just checked my calls on the meteor website. Data access used to be listed as GPRSWAP and now it is listed as Internet Access. I can see where I accessed the internet but there is also many "Internet Access" entries listed at 2 seconds a time and charged at 1c, this means that I am being charged each time I try to send a message over the ISP even though the message is not sending. I'm no expert but it looks, therefore; like AFT is communicating with these settings but some fault is happening along the way.

I saw a number of previous threads that said meteor had changed the password for the service. I've tried the "my" and "isp" combinations as well as "meteorisp" and "mymeteor" usernames and passwords. Can anyone tell me definitively what the correct username and password are ( meteor gave me: username:my password:isp )

dal wrote:
    You tried the .jad file? Same url but replace the final "r" with a "d".
    And what do you mean a load of code comes up?

I tried the jad file just now and it says it's incompatible with my phone. The "code" the jar file produces is just mumble jumble, the same type you'd get if you tried to open a non text file with notepad.

I saved the page and it saved as AFT.jar anyway, but I don't know what to do with it, maybe I should just try connect the phone to my laptop and do it that way:)

That didn't work either. To be honest, I don't even know what I'm supposed to do with the file when it's on my phone or if my phone even supports it:confused:

MiniMetro wrote:
    Just checked my calls on the meteor website. Data access used to be listed as GPRSWAP and now it is listed as Internet Access. I can see where I accessed the internet but there is also many "Internet Access" entries listed at 2 seconds a time and charged at 1c, this means that I am being charged each time I try to send a message over the ISP even though the message is not sending. I'm no expert but it looks, therefore; like AFT is communicating with these settings but some fault is happening along the way.

I saw a number of previous threads that said meteor had changed the password for the service. I've tried the "my" and "isp" combinations as well as "meteorisp" and "mymeteor" usernames and passwords. Can anyone tell me definitively what the correct username and password are ( meteor gave me: username:my password:isp )

meteorisp and meteorisp for the username and pass worked for me. AFT stopped working entirely for me until i reinstalled it, maybe you should try the same. Make sure your username/password and servcie is right too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Do anybody have a link to the AFT application that will work on Meteor (Prepay). The links in peoples signatures are broken and the link at the beginning of the thread is for O2.

Perhaps there should be a simple concise thread built with all the required links and patches available with simple instructions, then lock it and have a link leading to it from the Sticky of useful applications for your phone.

I can't connect my phone to the PC so I must download it direct to the phone and I don't want to be downloading the wrong version. Thanks

netwhizkid wrote:
    Do anybody have a link to the AFT application that will work on Meteor (Prepay). The links in peoples signatures are broken and the link at the beginning of the thread is for O2.

The link at the beginning of the thread is for all networks. AFT started off for o2 only but support for vodafone and meteor was added later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

cormie wrote:
    I tried the jad file just now and it says it's incompatible with my phone. The "code" the jar file produces is just mumble jumble, the same type you'd get if you tried to open a non text file with notepad.

I saved the page and it saved as AFT.jar anyway, but I don't know what to do with it, maybe I should just try connect the phone to my laptop and do it that way:)

I think that there is a different verision of Java running on the K610im (all SE imode phones) so any jar files you have probably wont run on it.

billbond4 wrote:
    I think that there is a different verision of Java running on the K610im (all SE imode phones) so any jar files you have probably wont run on it.

Ah yes, this was mentioned to me before. Cormie, can you check whether normal java is supported on your phone. I believe the k610 has something called DoJa which isn't really java, but apps and games can be developed for it in the same way they can for java.

I think I remember there being something about it alright, I haven't looked into it much because I don't play games or anything else on my phone, but I'd definitely be interested in saving a few bob with this app.

Just had a google.

Found these:
    If you like using standard java application (MIDP), don't buy this phone. It doesn't support standard java. You can not install java games out there. However, it is 3G & it has I-mode as replacements.
    The K610im has a large 262k color, 176x220 pixel TFT display and supports DoCoMo Java™ (DoJa™) specifications, including SMS, PDA, web and camera interfaces, 3D graphics and pictographs.

There's a list of some apps here: http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/docstools/java/p_java.jsp wonder would any of them help?

Is it possible to make the jar file work on my phone so?:)

cormie wrote:
    Is it possible to make the jar file work on my phone so?:)
    It would involve a complete re-write of the app.
    Can't understand why they had to use a different system for the k610im (they could have just made a new java api for the imode stuff). Seems a bit silly to me, considering how widespread java is on modern phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

will this phone support the app? wanna check before i buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yes, the W810i will support it.

That's a pity :( maybe there'll be something out one day for us k610im users:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Any chance anyone can send me this app? Been trying the links in peoples sigs for days now and I'm failing to connect to the site.

I assume this'll work on an N73?

Slurms wrote:
    Any chance anyone can send me this app? Been trying the links in peoples sigs for days now and I'm failing to connect to the site.

I assume this'll work on an N73?

The link in the sigs seems to be broken at the moment.
    This link is on the very first page of this thread:

http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar

If the N73 supports java, then this app should work.

I downloaded the link from the first post on this thread to my phone. When I try to send a text message I get "Network connection not available: No profile defined" from my phone and when I press cancel then I get "There was a problem sending your message" from AFT.

I don't know what's wrong I thought it might work out of the box so to speak, I am on Meteor prepay and my phone is a Sagem My X5-2V. Any ideas would be good.

netwhizkid wrote:
    I downloaded the link from the first post on this thread to my phone. When I try to send a text message I get "Network connection not available: No profile defined" from my phone and when I press cancel then I get "There was a problem sending your message" from AFT.

I don't know what's wrong I thought it might work out of the box so to speak, I am on Meteor prepay and my phone is a Sagem My X5-2V. Any ideas would be good.

It works out of the box if your phone is set up to use the internet. Yours is not. Go to the meteor website and download the settings for your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

dal wrote:
    The link in the sigs seems to be broken at the moment.
    This link is on the very first page of this thread:

http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar

If the N73 supports java, then this app should work.
    Cheers, great app!!

dal wrote:
    It works out of the box if your phone is set up to use the internet. Yours is not. Go to the meteor website and download the settings for your phone.

I tried downloading them and they were send out as a message from "WAP PUSH" and I went to install them and entered the pin number as was given on the website only to get "Error during the profile install" .

When you say my phone is not setup to use the internet, I can use it to go online to the meteor wap site and get the news and emails and stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Is this still down for anyone else? It hasn't been working for me for almost three weeks but was working fine for months beforehand. I am on o2, any ideas what the problem could be? My connection is still fine, I tested it.

Advertisement