Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

try logging into http://www.o2.ie , they probably expect you to change your password.

Its definitely still working anyway? (Do you have the version with the new sending graphic?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Aye, the updated version 1.2 with the send graphic works with o2 for me.

Hadn't been for a while before I updated tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

donutface wrote:
    EDIT: For all the proxies to be benchmarked it might take a week or so before everything reaches an optimum level, improvements can already be seen however if your message takes a while to send it could be as a result of the proxy not being marked yet.
    Sounds good.. it's about 50-50 whether i get the "there was a problem sending.." msg with o2 at the moment, is there any way that in a future version, you could perhaps distinguish between "real" errors and just delays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I downloaded the newer version and it is working fine again now, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Im getting the message: User profile not defined on my Sagem myX6-2. Heres the settings I put in:
    (ISP is activated)
    Provider title:Meteor ISP
    Homepage: http://isp.mymeteor.ie
    Protocal: Http
    Prefered Connection: GPRS
    Proxy: Ive left this blank
    Gsm Parameters: Ive left this blank
    GPRS parameters: Login: My Password: ISP APN isp.mymeteor.ie

Then ive activated this profile
    When I try to go onto wap – I get the following: Error: Cannot resolve hostname
    If I try send a text in AFT, It comes back with an error.
    Anyone able to offer help?

• Advertisement

you 100% sure your ISP access point is activated?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 keithmcgrane

Hi,

Still "error sending message" on o2.
    Message seems to send ok, but no confirmation.
    Any updates for AFT to amend this?

Cheers

Keith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

it looks to me that none of the links are working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

Still no luck with Meteor ISP on the K750i. I've uninstalled and reinstalled version 1.2 a number of times. Any further ideas.

ISP is definitely activated and is working fine for browsing.

Just get "There was a problem sending your message" and get charged 0.01c, message never sends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

Well lads.Love the idea of the ap.It sounds great.However i cant get it to install on my phone - nokia n-gage.It looks like its finished installing and then say's uninstalling and dosen't work.Any ideas also the app i downloaded installs on my sisters phone so theres not a problem with it.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

donutface wrote:
    you 100% sure your ISP access point is activated?

Well it was activated when i was using it on my old nokia phone? I dont think changin g phones changes your ISP activation, thats on the SIM isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Well it was activated when i was using it on my old nokia phone? I dont think changin g phones changes your ISP activation, thats on the SIM isnt it?
    not so much the sim as the account. its activated at meteor's end and changing phones doesn't affect it

ash h wrote:
    Well lads.Love the idea of the ap.It sounds great.However i cant get it to install on my phone - nokia n-gage.It looks like its finished installing and then say's uninstalling and dosen't work.Any ideas also the app i downloaded installs on my sisters phone so theres not a problem with it.
    Thanks

I used it with an ngage qd before, definitely works on them, you have to install the MIDP1 version, not 2 and if you use o2 youll probably need an aftuser account as i dont think the MIDP1 version is updated for the new o2 code

you have to install the MIDP1 version, not 2 and if you use o2 youll probably need an aftuser account as i dont think the MIDP1 version is updated for the new o2 code
    Where do i get the midp1 version and how do i create an aft user account?
    Thanks

Got it working now.Found version 1 on about p12 if someone else is looking for it.
    New problem-messages weren't working so i went on to o2.ie to try and do a webtext and got this message:

Login to My O2 Help
    You have reached the maximum number of login attempts permitted by O2. To maintain the security of your account, you have been locked out of your account. To reactive your account, please contact customer care.

Could this be because i am using the wrong password on aft app on my phone?

yep thats exactly it, every time you try and send a message it tries to login, so you send more than 5 and o2 blocks your account

Hi Donutface,

I was using multiText yesterday on o2 and noticed that when it sends a message, it successfully returns a message to say message sent. However on AFT you get message failed, but message has actually sent. Is this an AFT issue or o2 website again.

Thanks

Keith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Hi Donutface,

I was using multiText yesterday on o2 and noticed that when it sends a message, it successfully returns a message to say message sent. However on AFT you get message failed, but message has actually sent. Is this an AFT issue or o2 website again.

Thanks

Keith
    I think it is because the server takes so long to reply that the phone connection (not AFT) actually times out (it stops waiting for a reply, even tho one may eventually come). The multiText connection may keep waiting for longer.

I've noticed this happening a lot lately (more than 50% of the time). AFT will tell you that there was a problem sending the message even tho it actually sent.

Donut, any chance we could get rid of a few of the slower proxies?

dal wrote:
    I think it is because the server takes so long to reply that the phone connection (not AFT) actually times out (it stops waiting for a reply, even tho one may eventually come). The multiText connection may keep waiting for longer.

I've noticed this happening a lot lately (more than 50% of the time). AFT will tell you that there was a problem sending the message even tho it actually sent.

Donut, any chance we could get rid of a few of the slower proxies?

Seems AFT on o2 is working a lot better, still get the odd fail to send message, but at least it doesnt send message when it says it failed. Also seems a lot quicker. Is this to do with removing slower proxies?

Keep up the good works lads.
    Off to Canada this weekend, should be interesting to see if AFT works over there.

Keith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Off to Canada this weekend, should be interesting to see if AFT works over there.

Keith
    it worked for me in prague and didn't even cost any more :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Can anyone recomend a good value phone that I would be able to use the AFT program on? Im with O2(www.o2.ie) but the phone i have is not Java enabled afaik.

As far as i know the Sony Erricson K750i works without having to call up the network operator to get them to activate the ISP access point, but im not 100% on this.

Any modern java enabled Nokia it should work on too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Will this work with Samsung D900 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Got this working on my old cheap nokia 3120. Great little application, takes a while to send text but very cheap. Well done on setting this up guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Can anyone recomend a good value phone that I would be able to use the AFT program on? Im with O2(www.o2.ie) but the phone i have is not Java enabled afaik.

The SE k750i is the one I developed the application on so I know it works on this. I am also with o2.
    K750i is also a very very good phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

donutface wrote:

Any modern java enabled Nokia it should work on too

the app wont work on the latest firmware version of the nokia 6233

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

AFT works on the Blackberry Pearl and what's more it is covered under the data plan. Mind you it does appear on the bill as "Free Text Message".

Cal.

AFT works on the Blackberry Pearl and what's more it is covered under the data plan. Mind you it does appear on the bill as "Free Text Message".

Cal.

Can someone on Prepaid o2 clarify whats said above please? Does it appear as free text message for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

yeah,on o2 billpay it appears as free text msg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I'm not sure what you're asking, you don't have a bill if you're on prepay. But as above, it appears on your bill if you're on postpay/billpay.

Advertisement