Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

whisht wrote:
    Tried both versions and both are 1.2
    When I click your AFT in sig to get newer, i cannot connect to website
    http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Still havent resolved this. I know my ISP is activated as I was using AFT for a few months on my old Nokia.
    Is the above definetly ok?
    This is really wrecking my head as this is such a good application.

Also when I go to homepage I just get a blank white page?

Is there any chance my ISP could get deactivated with my change of phones ( i never changed my sim)?

Ok just been onto metoer and my ISP is fine, so its something in the settings.
    Dal could you just have a look at what I have put in and confirm it is all ok? If it is I presume that AFT doesnt work for Sagems.

Update: When i try to connect to gmail I get: Gmail cant access the server until you grant it permission to send and recieve data over the network.

Does this give any clues?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Ok I read through this entire thread, got meteor to activate apn, put the settings (isp.meteor.ie, username: my, password: isp etc...) into my v3, downloaded the program onto my phone..when i try to send a text i get the message: ''Message sent. You have <h1>Bad Request (Invalid Header Name) </h1> messages left'' and the text doesn't deliver.
    Any ideas?
    Oh and I checked my calls on the meteor website, and it says Internet Access €0.01, so Im getting charged but its not sending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Ok I read through this entire thread, got meteor to activate apn, put the settings (isp.meteor.ie, username: my, password: isp etc...) into my v3, downloaded the program onto my phone..when i try to send a text i get the message: ''Message sent. You have <h1>Bad Request (Invalid Header Name) </h1> messages left'' and the text doesn't deliver.
    Any ideas?
    Oh and I checked my calls on the meteor website, and it says Internet Access €0.01, so Im getting charged but its not sending?
    I've got the exact same problem on my V3i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

dal wrote:
    Go to introduction. The connection test is there.

Sounds like your connection is working though.
    So what happens when you try to use AFT? What is the error message?

In introduction it just give details on how to use opera (text only)
    The error I get is "there was a problem sending your message

I select meteor and use the same username and password for www.meteor.ie

Then I send a text to myself and no joy.

Whats the next step in troubleshooting. When I've got it working I'll give a detailed step by step guide as to how I did it.

BTW, I've a constant 'E' in my connection bar (It means EDGE, instead of GSM, apparently its faster) - prob makes no difference

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Still havent resolved this. I know my ISP is activated as I was using AFT for a few months on my old Nokia.
    Is the above definetly ok?
    This is really wrecking my head as this is such a good application.

Also when I go to homepage I just get a blank white page?

Is there any chance my ISP could get deactivated with my change of phones ( i never changed my sim)?

Anyone any ideas?
    I even downloaded the newest AFT version and deleted the old one. Dam sagem phone. Anyone else got this working on a sagem?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

Is there a problem at the moment with AFT or is it just me? It's been working perfectly the last week and now this evening it's tellin me 'there was a problem sending your message'. Anybody else getting this message?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Was working nicely all day and I'm getting the same issues with "there was a problem sending your message" now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sinkingfish

Same problem here. I'm with metoer.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

Yeah still happening for me today aswell. Im on O2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Just talked to donut. It looks like the server is down at the moment and won't be back up until later this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I am having the same problem. Hopefully it can be rectified shortly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

not working for me today and im on voda bill

dal wrote:
    Just talked to donut. It looks like the server is down at the moment and won't be back up until later this afternoon.
    Bummer. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

multitext is working today

multitext is working today
    One of the processes on the server crashed, yman got it back up and running last night.

The sooner people report downtime the sooner yman can get it sorted :)

Was back working earlier, but seems to be gone again...

ianwalsh2 wrote:
    Was back working earlier, but seems to be gone again...

I just tried it there and it works

@ianwalsh2 - what network?
    @Brianb8802 - what network?

Ye sorry, it's working now. My bad. I just got the message 'There was a problem sending your message' four times in a row. But I just tried it there again and it sent.

edit: No it's not working again. Maybe it's just me! I've tried sending texts there about ten times to different numbers and every time I get the message 'There was a problem sending your message'. I'm on o2 by the way.

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    @ianwalsh2 - what network?
    @Brianb8802 - what network?

I is also on O2, got a lash of 'There was a problem sending your message', a while ago but seems to be good again

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

I had a look at Ciarans hosting but it wont be suitable for AFT.

AFT desperately needs all your help, please see this page
    http://sms.donutsoft.net/donate/

and read it further. Donations of all kinds will be accepted, if you donated more than 20 euro send me a private message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Donutface, think it be worth moving to a PHP based server - I could give a hand, all i got caught on was getting that proxy list thing.
    Just an idea instead of paying for hosting.

I know that involves a lot of reprogramming but could be fun if you have time i guess. I might donate some time too

i was considiring that but its a lot of work and im doing my leaving cert in a few weeks time so I really dont have the time. Plus its a lot easier to make powerfull things in ASP.net (everything seems to be better structured).

I'd really prefer to leave it ASP.net, a rewrite in PHP just isnt worth my time. Remember people its not only AFT that will stop working, but Multitext aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

donutface wrote:
    i was considiring that but its a lot of work and im doing my leaving cert in a few weeks time so I really dont have the time. Plus its a lot easier to make powerfull things in ASP.net (everything seems to be better structured).

I'd really prefer to leave it ASP.net, a rewrite in PHP just isnt worth my time. Remember people its not only AFT that will stop working, but Multitext aswell
    i have code already written in php for sending texts on meteor and o2. could be changed to work with vodafone easily enough

keep in mind that i already have that proxy system and all that coded in ASP.net, and the user account system.
    Over the summer ill probably do a rewrite, but if you guys really think PHP is the way it should be done, go ahead and code it and I can point my domain to it but I honestly think we are better off in the long run keeping it ASP.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well I got the o2 part working great only i need to do that proxy selecting thing. Yeah suppose it bit of work alright though. I am'nt sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Getting an error sending from AFT today. "Invalid Account"

Anyone else having problems?

EDIT: Forgot I had to change my O2 password AGAIN! doh! Never mind...

works fine over here, maybe its just o2 thats down again heh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Still not working for me on Meteor.

Advertisement