Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Meteor is up and down at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Just to let donut and ciaran there, o2 have stopped blocking my server again and my o2 script working fine. Can you turn off the proxy stuff easily jsut to see if o2 have stopped blocking ymans server too? Might be more reliable.

The proxy stuff has been turned off for a while now on donuts server. It's running along much faster than it used to be. I think it's been about a week, but donut should be able to confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

yeah its been about that now, ymans server was never blocked.

I sent them an email to request permission to do it and they never responded. Maybe they realised its best not to attempt as theres ways around everything.

Nothing prevents them from changing their mind again though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Thats true. It against their terms. I guess the free web texts is there so they can attract people to their website to see offers in the shop and all. We bypass all that so guess why that they get pissed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sinkingfish

I'm getting this error message (There was a problem sending your message) a lot lately, with meteor. Success rate is about 50% of the time now. Have meteor done something to there site? I know the sites been up and down but sometimes i go to send the message with aft and i get the error the go straight to forward and it works the second time.

Anyone else having the same trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Just started using this recently and I think it's an excellent program. Sorry to hear about the server trouble, I'll make a donation in the next few days to help.
    One quick question though, I'm using it on a k750i and the "LookUp" feature seems to only work if the phonebook is defaulted to contacts stored in the phone memory. If I use the SIM memory as the default then it doesn't work.

Is there any way around this as I switch phones now and then and have all my contacts on my SIM card?

Thanks!

I think the java implentation on the phone only allows you to access content on the phone memory. Why not store to both phone and SIM? Doesn't the "auto save to sim" option save a copy on both phone and sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

ciaranfo wrote:
    I think the java implentation on the phone only allows you to access content on the phone memory. Why not store to both phone and SIM? Doesn't the "auto save to sim" option save a copy on both phone and sim?

I did that alright, was just curious about the SIM contacts.
    Nice work on a great program!

I'm getting this error message (There was a problem sending your message) a lot lately, with meteor. Success rate is about 50% of the time now. Have meteor done something to there site? I know the sites been up and down but sometimes i go to send the message with aft and i get the error the go straight to forward and it works the second time.

Anyone else having the same trouble?

Its meteors fault unfortunately, even when you try to send messages with their site manually it doesnt always send
    hopefully theyll fix things up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just fyi

I'm getting a different error message with Meteor -

"Message sent. You have Msg not sent! (Server Error) Messages left."

and I am getting charged, even tho' message is not being delivered"

been happening for the last 5-6 days or so.

(and once I get a paypal account set up, I'll make a donation"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Im still getting "Network connection not available: no profile defined" as soon as i get this sorted ive no problem making a donation1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ablelocks wrote:
    just fyi

I'm getting a different error message with Meteor -

"Message sent. You have Msg not sent! (Server Error) Messages left."

and I am getting charged, even tho' message is not being delivered"

been happening for the last 5-6 days or so.

(and once I get a paypal account set up, I'll make a donation"
    well you would be charged. your phone connected to the meteor website so you were charged. the site wasn't working properly so the message didn't send but you're being charged per kilobyte, not for the successful sending of a message.

the reason its doing that is probably that the meteor sites been dodgy the past few days. people couldn't even log in and send messages the normal way so aft didn't work either. it seems to be fine now.

does it ever work or do you always get the message?

Im still getting "Network connection not available: no profile defined" as soon as i get this sorted ive no problem making a donation1
    what phone do you have? is there a profile defined? can you use the internet normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

only stumpled across this today , i presume by free you still have to pay for a gprs charges , is there a min charge per operator.

does anyone have an approx charge to send one of these free texts messages ie.. vodafone 2 cent in gprs charges on pay as you go etc.

tvr wrote:
    only stumpled across this today , i presume by free you still have to pay for a gprs charges , is there a min charge per operator.

does anyone have an approx charge to send one of these free texts messages ie.. vodafone 2 cent in gprs charges on pay as you go etc.
    vodafone 2c

meteor 2c via GPRS WAP or 1c via ISP (different settings)

o2 as little as 0.25c

i think those are the right figures. the meteor ones are difinitely right

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

cheers , can you pm or repost the links to download the program for vodafone , or tell me what page its on in this post as i am currently going through it and havnt come across it. thanks

go to the wiki, http://aft.donutsoft.net

tvr wrote:
    cheers , can you pm or repost the links to download the program for vodafone , or tell me what page its on in this post as i am currently going through it and havnt come across it. thanks
    Check peoples signatures too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

I think AFT for o2 is down at the moment. Donut is going to have a look at it tonight.

and its fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Still not working for me. Still gettin "There was a problem sending your messege"

Any ideas?

http://aft.donutsoft.net is the right url

thats on an older server.

Can anyone else confirm that o2 is working? i just tested it again and its sending, but i havent tested it on an o2 sim itself

#Elites wrote:
    the site in everyones sig for AFT

http://computer.donutsoft.net/sms/pmwiki.php

wont work for me? where can i download this (for vodafone!)
    i assume you mean the acutal program link. the info is in the wiki but here's the direct link anyway:

http://killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar

go to that link on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

donutface wrote:
    http://aft.donutsoft.net is the right url

thats on an older server.

Can anyone else confirm that o2 is working? i just tested it again and its sending, but i havent tested it on an o2 sim itself

Im o2 and i havent been able to get it to work all day

nick23 wrote:
    Im o2 and i havent been able to get it to work all day
    finished with 3 then? :D

O2 sending fine from MT Donut. Doesn't seem to be working from AFT. Tried 4 times in a row and failed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

worked for me last nite loads of time on o2...........any chance of ever implementing a delivery receipt??????

abcxyz123 wrote:
    worked for me last nite loads of time on o2...........any chance of ever implementing a delivery receipt??????
    nope. webtexts don't give reports so there's no way aft can give them

I honestly dont know what the story is, it must be o2's website thats causing weird crap. If its working with multitext and not aft, then o2 is up to something, maybe blocking it on their GPRS network? However its working for some people :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

No, O2 haven't blocked anything. AFT for O2 is working fine for me

Advertisement