Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

thank you so much for that post, this will make things so much easier!

Hopefully tonight ill have VoipBuster support up, dal when you get a chance youll have to add the voipbuster id, or else you can make AFT communicate directly with them too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

donutface wrote:
    thank you so much for that post, this will make things so much easier!

Hopefully tonight ill have VoipBuster support up, dal when you get a chance youll have to add the voipbuster id, or else you can make AFT communicate directly with them too

I think it would be better if I added a Voipbuster option to the AFT client and that it all goes through your server. It looks like this is ssl which would involve too much data transfer if the page was called directly from the phone.

Are voipbuster and smsdiscount the same company? The urls for sending messages are very similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

dal wrote:
    Are voipbuster and smsdiscount the same company? The urls for sending messages are very similar.

Yeah these brand names and also sipdiscout etc are owned by Betamax.

VoipBuster support added, for other networks place a request here :)

dal has to release a new client, so for now youll need to sign up for AFTuser and add it as a service there but it works!

Ill talk to dal, maybe its possible to make dynamic service lists without having too much code added so that if i add something like voipbuster, a function in the client can update its own list and allow you to choose voipbuster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misho

any ideas how to fix this?
    when it tries to send the text, balance is not changed afterwards

btw. internet/wap is working all right

• Advertisement

your phone isnt allowing AFT outbound internet access

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

So any news on when we'll see a version of aft that supports voipbuster?

donutface wrote:
    your phone isnt allowing AFT outbound internet access
    I'm asked if I allow a connection before it will try to send a text, which I just confirm. I've got Nokia 6300, is there anything else to be set?
    It's a pity it isn't working, seems to be pretty handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

misho wrote:
    I'm asked if I allow a connection before it will try to send a text, which I just confirm. I've got Nokia 6300, is there anything else to be set?
    It's a pity it isn't working, seems to be pretty handy.
    what network are you on

meteor

• Advertisement

misho wrote:
    meteor
    hmmm. does it say there was a problem immediately after pressing send or does it fail after a while?

go here:
    http://www.nokia.ie/A4202188

and click standard settings. get the wap settings sent to your phone in case they're wrong. if that doesn't work we'll have to get a bit more technical

Akula wrote:
    So any news on when we'll see a version of aft that supports voipbuster?
    I'll stick up a new version on Monday night.

hmmm. does it say there was a problem immediately after pressing send or does it fail after a while?

go here:
    http://www.nokia.ie/A4202188

and click standard settings. get the wap settings sent to your phone in case they're wrong. if that doesn't work we'll have to get a bit more technical
    it gives me an error after a while
    btw. that nokia settings page is not sending anything so far, but I guess my settings should be okay as I can get on the wap with no problems

It doesnt always work so try it a few times. Once you get the meteor WEB settings, phone up meteor and get them to activate the isp apn on your account.

If the person doesnt know what your talking about, phone up and ask someone else.

Would you mind going through your internet settings and posting them up? Homepage, IP address etc.

Also, if there is an option for it in the web settings, (in settings-configuration), select the option to activate the default settings in all applications

Donut: The MSN bot it great - I heard it will be up again shortly, is there a time frame for that? :)

Once you get the meteor WEB settings, phone up meteor and get them to activate the isp apn on your account.
    I'm with you now, I didn't realize that this is going through the isp apn. When I changed the setting to use ISP access point, I got network error saying I need to subscribe to packet data service first. So I rang them, but technical department is closed for today :cool:
    Would you mind going through your internet settings and posting them up? Homepage, IP address etc.
    If it won't work after I have isp apn activated on my account, I'll post them up.

Thanks again for advice, I'd say it's not working coz I'm missing isp apn on my account.

It can actually work through both but if you cant get the gprs one working you might as well try the other one. Its worked a few times before and its cheaper that way anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Just wanted to say thanks saw this thread and downloaded both AFT and multitext and both working , what a great idea

Regards
    Bren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

hey folks,
    I have a k800i that i use for both sending o2 and meteor txts through aft.

Rather then have to change username and password each time would it be possible to rename the app , so i can install aft and "aftmeteor" on my phone and choose whatever one i want for each txt i send?

does that make sence?

Smithers wrote:
    hey folks,
    I have a k800i that i use for both sending o2 and meteor txts through aft.

Rather then have to change username and password each time would it be possible to rename the app , so i can install aft and "aftmeteor" on my phone and choose whatever one i want for each txt i send?

does that make sence?
    It does absolutely make sense and its something that I have been meaning to do for ages. I am putting up a new version tonight which will support voipbuster but I won't get round to adding a multiple account feature until next week.

• Advertisement

ledgend mate, even aft and aft1 wld be great , glad it made sence!

Its been a while since i used the app, is the functionality of chooseing a contact from ur phone book gone?

Smithers wrote:
    Its been a while since i used the app, is the functionality of chooseing a contact from ur phone book gone?
    Nope, it's still be there. Is this not working on your phone? Had it been working before on your phone?

doesnt seem to be working on this k800i, think i was using it rpeviously with a k750i and it worked,

Cannot access the killarneyonline url for the aft.jar file tonight from my nokia
    6070, is there downtime on that server?

Is the new voipbuster supported version of AFT out yet, dal? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

flodis79 wrote:
    Cannot access the killarneyonline url for the aft.jar file tonight from my nokia
    6070, is there downtime on that server?

Is the new voipbuster supported version of AFT out yet, dal? :)
    www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar

It's loading fine for me flodis79.

It can actually work through both but if you cant get the gprs one working you might as well try the other one. Its worked a few times before and its cheaper that way anyway
    I'm giving up here, it's still the same error. I changed the phone settings as it is here: METEOR WAP Settings posted here on boards, I can browse the internet using opera mini, wap browser is working okay as well, both using GPRS. Any ideas how to fix it would be appreciated :(

misho wrote:
    I'm giving up here, it's still the same error. I changed the phone settings as it is here: METEOR WAP Settings posted here on boards, I can browse the internet using opera mini, wap browser is working okay as well, both using GPRS. Any ideas how to fix it would be appreciated :(
    If opera mini is working, then aft should work. What is the error message that you are getting now?

Just a quick update:
    The new version, which supports voipbuster, is up now. You can download it now, but it won't work quite yet - I need confirm something with donut (the network code that the application sends to the server). It might need a change on the server side, but the application won't change.

So there is no harm in downloading it now if you want.

Another small improvement in this version is the fact that the message text only gets deleted when the message is sent successfully. So if the message fails and you press "back", the text of your message will still be there and it will be much easier to resend.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

I've read and been a bit confused by the remarks about network settings.

It isn't helped by the Nokia 6070 menu having settings in 2 different places.

I have Orange UK, O2 UK and Virgin SIMs. I downloaded AFT using the O2 one, and have switched a couple of times.

On attempting to send using AFTUser with Voipbuster set as default, with O2 or Virgin, I get the message Subscribe to packet data first; with Orange I get There was an error sending your message. My account seems to work though, as I got a message last night confirming the 959 set-up on the website, sent off my VB account

So what I want to ask is, having read your remarks about getting your Irish network to send the required settings that not all their CS staff know about, does it look like I need to get some different settings sent, which lot of phone menu settings is AFT actually working from, should I be manually entering more settings in the Access point part of the menu that only contains Orange details at the moment, plus any other info that you think might help me get to grips with what I'm doing, like go re-read these or those instructions.

And in case you say we don't know anything about those UK SIMs, or anyway, I could offer to send a couple of you one of these free Virgin SIMs with £5 credit on, which is enough for 1 MB either in UK or roaming.

Sorry this is a bit long

• Advertisement

andy0 wrote:
    I've read and been a bit confused by the remarks about network settings.

Basically all you have to do is get the connection working on your phone and then download AFT. Thats it.
    The first part really has nothing to do with AFT itself, so this thread might not be the best place to get help.

I personally have a o2 uk phone on which AFT works. All I did was go to the o2.co.uk site and download the connection settings for my phone. Then I downloaded AFT, and that was it.

I would suggest you delete all the connection settings from your phone, put in the o2 sim and download the settings from o2.co.uk.

Advertisement