Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Akula wrote:
    I was using an older version of aft 1.2 on my blackberry 8700g.

Since upgrading to the new version when I try to go to the settings menu I get

Uncaught exception:
    java.lang.indexOutOfBounds Exception
    did you delete the old file or just overwrite it?

if so, uninstall it and remove all data stored by the program (if given the option) and then install it again. he probably changed the format of a file in the new version and your phone had it stored in the old format

My gfs in america for 2 months. Normally texting her would cost 25c a message. Thanks to multitext and an o2 sim i can text her american number for free and thanks to AFT she can text me for 1c. Shes only been there a day and ive already saved €6.50. I love this program :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

after this whole VoipBuster support being added, im considiring moving to 3.

Anyone have any advice? Whats 3's data charges like?

EDIT: Just saw a load of paypal payments, apologies for waiting so long to update the donations page, but its up to date now

Also we have enough now for 1 years worth of hosting :) (Provided the USD doesnt strengthen dramatically in 6 months time, might order the other 6 months soon as this server appears to be reliable enough)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

andy0 wrote:
    It is only Voipbuster that I've used so far with AFT.

I don't know if any of the boring saga of my other posts applies, and especially yapyap's last reply, if you've switched SIM in the 6070 ...

I have tried with different sim cards... AFT o2 profiles work fine but not the VB credentials.. Don't understand it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

AFT seems to be down at the mo. GF was saying it was down for a while last night aswell. We are both on O2. Is it working for ye guys?

• Advertisement

Brianb8802 wrote:
    AFT seems to be down at the mo. GF was saying it was down for a while last aswell. We are both on O2. Is it working for ye guys?
    its down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

same for me

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Hasnt been working right for me for about a week. Sucks.

Kanney wrote:
    Hasnt been working right for me for about a week. Sucks.
    its been working for me so there's something else going on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lumness

its been down for me for about a day. does any one know when it will be back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

lumness wrote:
    its been down for me for about a day. does any one know when it will be back?

its back up now, just sent 4/5 texts in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Seems to be some intermittant issues - I'm sure donuts on the case.

yeah its working again, not exactly sure what was the issue

ye its back up now... phew, its such a good service, thanks for creating it!!

has anyone here used VoipBuster with AFT successfully? I dont have enough credit to download the new version at the mo

what is VoipBuster?

Is the server still down? It's not working for me.

Just tried to send one there and it's sending fine. (using MT, but same server ..)

Can someone talk me through this? I'm using a Sagem myx5-2v phone with meteor .. i think ive set up all of the information (it does seem to connect to the wap (ive the preferred connection set to GPRS [I think this is right?]) and have the username as my own phone number and the password as my PIN and yet when I try to send a message it takes ages and says there was a problem.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ring Meteor and ask them to activate the ISP access point on your account. Then get the ISP settings from the sticky at the top of this forum.

• Advertisement

Would it matter that I can access the internet normally on my phone, or would I still need to ring meteor

Would it matter that I can access the internet normally on my phone, or would I still need to ring meteor

As ciaranfo said above, you'll need to ring up meteor. AFT will only work on the ISP access point

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

donutface wrote:
    has anyone here used VoipBuster with AFT successfully? I dont have enough credit to download the new version at the mo
    About 5 times, all attempts worked ok after I got the connection properties right at last (as above)

I'm in UK, 2 UK SIMs so far, UK VB account, and VB have charged me via AFT, though I'm back in the free ones when using VB's own client

As they say -
    This free text message (SMS) offer is valid only if you're using our service from the same country you want to send the text message (SMS) to.
    So they've apparently counted me as being in Ireland from the server address, rather than any network ID tagged on.

Next experiments - try the Voipbuster Java client with a couple of foreign SIMs at home, and UK SIMs roaming (end of May, if I remember in half a day). This will check if they count these as free or chargeable, and may help Irish VB users decide whether to use AFT or VB client

I'm wondering if Smsdiscount will be of more interest, with its cheaper rates for many countries, and irrespective of where the phone or server is, but the tariffs might go up

Do O2 Ireland SIMs need regular top-ups?

@andy0 - your balance needs to change every 6 months to keep it active. You can do this by topping up or by sending a text, checking your voicemail, making a call, etc. Once your balance changes.

andy0 wrote:
    About 5 times, all attempts worked ok after I got the connection properties right at last (as above)

I'm in UK, 2 UK SIMs so far, UK VB account, and VB have charged me via AFT, though I'm back in the free ones when using VB's own client

As they say -
    So they've apparently counted me as being in Ireland from the server address, rather than any network ID tagged on.

Next experiments - try the Voipbuster Java client with a couple of foreign SIMs at home, and UK SIMs roaming (end of May, if I remember in half a day). This will check if they count these as free or chargeable, and may help Irish VB users decide whether to use AFT or VB client

I'm wondering if Smsdiscount will be of more interest, with its cheaper rates for many countries, and irrespective of where the phone or server is, but the tariffs might go up

Do O2 Ireland SIMs need regular top-ups?

You might need to activate your account with a uk number

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

To add to my remarks about use with Voipbuster - that was with AFTUser selected, and VB set online as the default for that. With VB now selected in the AFT client, it says an error sending the message
    ciaranfo wrote:
    @andy0 - your balance needs to change every 6 months to keep it active. You can do this by topping up or by sending a text, checking your voicemail, making a call, etc. Once your balance changes.
    Thanks - on my first query, someone said top-ups needed every 3 months, which rather put me off. Just now, someone agrees with what you say and also says that added credit has a 12 month life, so €5 or £5 a year looks ok
    donutface wrote:
    You might need to activate your account with a uk number
    I'm a bit confused which account you mean - VB or AFT?

The VB account has an option of adding numbers as the sender or caller ID, but AFT and VB clients still send under the VB username - it seems only the VB PC client actually adds the sender ID.

yeah due to the nature of how AFT is coded its going to be tricky to add an extra parameter, but ill do that soon.

dal can you tell me in the service tag what you used again? s=vb or what?

Once i know what that is i can add code to fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

donutface wrote:
    yeah due to the nature of how AFT is coded its going to be tricky to add an extra parameter, but ill do that soon.

dal can you tell me in the service tag what you used again? s=vb or what?

Once i know what that is i can add code to fix it
    "s=vb" for voipbuster and "s=sd" for SMSDiscount

Service seems to be down again. Im on O2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Yeah same for me. o2 aswell

Advertisement