Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 keithmcgrane

Seems AFT not working on o2 since yesterday afternoon.
    Any ideas what's up? Is AFT nearing the end????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I've been having trouble using AFT with Voipbuster since yesterday evening. Tried it with SMSdiscount and no joy there either.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Looks like the AFT server is down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Cool. Thanks.

All in all, AFT tends to be more reliable than 3 broadband so we can't really complain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I haven't been able to use AFT with Meteor for a long time now - always getting the "there's been an error sending your message" message.

Anyone else having this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

o2s webtext is actually down on the website as well so might not be a aft problem.

The aft gateway is definitely down.

The aft wiki is currently not working, so the server must be down.

http://sms.donutsoft.net/wiki/pmwiki.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

dal wrote: »
    The aft gateway is definitely down.

The aft wiki is currently not working, so the server must be down.

http://sms.donutsoft.net/wiki/
    Ah ok; poxy o2 being down as well is an annoyance. :-/

Looks like the AFT server is back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Working like a dream :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

AFT seems to be down again. Going to the wiki page only brings up service unavailable?? Any ideas??:confused:

AFT seems to be down again. Going to the wiki page only brings up service unavailable?? Any ideas??:confused:

Confirmed. AFT server is down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

any idea when it might be fixed? thanks

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    any idea when it might be fixed? thanks

Sorry I don't. It's donutface's server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I recently switched back to O2 and got myself a new phone, so Ill get around to testing this.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Seems to be down on meteor again, any ideas anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mitabrev

Normally, if I try to send a sms with AFT when theres a problem with the server, it says "There was a problem sending your message". Today, it says "Server Unavailable". Any significance in this error message change?:confused:
    (Im with O2.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

anyone been able to send an AFT text on meteor lately? i havent been able to for about a week..

Meteor recently changed their webtext layout... maybe that's the problem? I've had to go back to plain old 9c texting :(

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Meteor recently changed their webtext layout... maybe that's the problem? I've had to go back to plain old 9c texting :(

has anyone got a fix for this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

okcomputer wrote: »
    anyone been able to send an AFT text on meteor lately? i havent been able to for about a week..

I get an error message on screen saying there was a problem with sending a text (via Meteor account) however the recipent still receives my message. :confused:

Obviously not getting an incorrect error message would be comforting as you can't be sure if a message actually sent given the current state of play but it does seem to be working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ollyk1 wrote: »
    I get an error message on screen saying there was a problem with sending a text (via Meteor account) however the recipent still receives my message. :confused:

Obviously not getting an incorrect error message would be comforting as you can't be sure if a message actually sent given the current state of play but it does seem to be working.

ditto - the error message I get is
    There was a problem sending your message. Invalid Account

but the text is received.

Huh...I just tried it again and that's what I get too! Not enough for important texts but for chatting I can live with it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

not sure if any1 has already posted this not readin through all them pages but will this application work on the k610im? uses some other ghey version of java called docomo or sum sh!t like that.

great fone for about 5 months, now just turns itself off all the time. googled it and its a common problem.

AFT definitely doesn't work on docomo java (I think it's called DoJo or something).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

aw ghey. if only id known when i bought my fone it was gonna be ghey!! might replace it this week... put the snes emulator in with a few roms..love it.

ty anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Has this stopped working for anyone else who is with 02?

Was working fine for me up until last week.

i am getting the invalid account message on meteor but its NOT delivering
    this is ****

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Been getting the "there was a problem sending your message" error with the last hour.
    Nokia n70 on O2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

i am on o2 and AFT is working perfectly for me all day today and the last few days.

Advertisement