Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I am getting "Server Unavailable" on o2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Mine's still fine on o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

can anyone tell me does aft work on a nokia 6300?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Mine's up and running again :)

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Mine's up and running again :)

on a 6300?

• Advertisement

sorry - I use a Motorola E2. The 6300 which supports java should run this without any problems...

should work but doesn't, well not for me anyway. i had it working on my old phone and i loved it, just can't seem to get it going on the 6300. anyone else have a problem with this phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

should work but doesn't, well not for me anyway. i had it working on my old phone and i loved it, just can't seem to get it going on the 6300. anyone else have a problem with this phone?

Just installed it fine on a 6300 I bought last week with 02. I didn't need to adjust any of the web or phone settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Been getting 'problem sending your message' error last few times I tried.

Last night being the most recent. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

hey all. anyone who's using a palm device (treo/tx/lifedrive etc) i have converted aft to a prc file allowing you to send webtexts either over wifi or gprs/data connection. you need to install java virtual machine first though. anyone who's looking for it send me a pm and i'll send a zip with java vm files and aft prc.

alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Would the AFT Team consider adding support for Voipwise? They have free sms to many destinations now!

They use the following URL for posting the sms's..

https://myaccount.voipwise.com/clx/sendsms.php?username=xxxxxxxxxx​ &password=xxxxxxxxxx&from=xxxxxxxxxx&to=xxxxxxxxxx&text=xxxxxxxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PRND

Anyone having trouble with AFT for the last 24hrs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Yip, getting 'there was a problem sending your message' not sure if it's O2 or AFT related though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

edanto wrote: »
    Yip, getting 'there was a problem sending your message' not sure if it's O2 or AFT related though.

Same here with Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the AFT server is down. i get service unavailable when i try to access it

• Registered Users Posts: 38 keithmcgrane

Hi,

Dal would it be possible to update the AFT program to allow entry of our own server? Seems Donuts server is down at the moment? I am thinking of using t35.com as my server, is there much code changing required to allow this?

Cheers

K

Hi,

Dal would it be possible to update the AFT program to allow entry of our own server? Seems Donuts server is down at the moment? I am thinking of using t35.com as my server, is there much code changing required to allow this?

Cheers

K

i've tried t35.com for my own code and it was no good because it has ads which would be downloaded to the phone each time making it cost more than a regular text. unless the paid version doesn't have ads......

• Registered Users Posts: 38 keithmcgrane

Hi CommanderVimes,

Did you find an alternative to t35.com?
    Would you be willing to share it?

Hi CommanderVimes,

Did you find an alternative to t35.com?
    Would you be willing to share it?

i did but it doesn't seem to work anymore. my script runs fine but when i signed up to a new account on the same site it wouldn't work. i think they blocked a function that my script needs to run but it only affects new users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

i had this working on me old 6230 fine,

i'm on o2 and was using it in the states there recently, not knowing whether i was going to be charged exorbitant roaming data fees, but lo and behold when i got back and checked me bill it was 0.1c per text !

amazing texting home from the states for a cent, i recommend it.

anyhoo, obviously cos i was in the states i had to get me one of them iphones.

i have it back now working great on o2 but i want to install aft on it

is it possible ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Installed AFT on a S60 phones, E61. Working fine, but while message is sending, there is a white frame flickering over the "message being sent" field. Is this a known problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

flodis79 wrote: »
    Installed AFT on a S60 phones, E61. Working fine, but while message is sending, there is a white frame flickering over the "message being sent" field. Is this a known problem?

Have the same thing with my N73

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think it is about 2 cents a text that I get charged by voipbuster.

Meteor costs 0.03 euro for me...

just check your credit before and after sending a text. You should use the isp settings for it because afaik, with the live apn it costs 5c per kb until you get to 99c

that advice doesn't apply in two cases:
    1. I'm wrong about it being 5c up to 99c

2. You're using the internet a lot anyway and would get up to 99c with or without aft

• Advertisement

Meteor AFT is down...
    getting the error
    "there was a problem sending your message"

Advertisement