Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

well then they're the best settings to use. The isp apn must not have a minimum charge. But even if its a case that the credit just wasn't updating, the isp settings would still be better than the live ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Up again for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

Do you still have to ring up meteor to say you are using the phone to connect your laptop to the internet or have the enabled it for everybody nowadays?

• Advertisement

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    Do you still have to ring up meteor to say you are using the phone to connect your laptop to the internet or have the enabled it for everybody nowadays?
    You don't have to but it makes it cheaper. Tell them you want the isp apn activated on your account and then put the isp settings on your phone and make them the default settings to use

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

can some one in a nut shell explain how this program works, i have a nokia n95 on vodafone network. I usally read all the replays on thread but there are just to many on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

clansman wrote: »
    can some one in a nut shell explain how this program works, i have a nokia n95 on vodafone network. I usally read all the replays on thread but there are just to many on this one.
    How it works or how to get it working on your phone.

How it works:

AFT java app runs on your phone and requests you to enter a text message , + your logon details to your network (only once).

Then when you click send, the java app opens up a connection the the AFT server via the GPRS protocol. Since only a small bit of text is sent, (user,pass,networkname,msg) - you only get charged for this. The Server looks after all the logging in etc, so you don't have to worry about loading big pages.

If GPRS isn't working on your phone, the App won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

Howdi! I'm wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction I've got a Nokia 5200 and when I first ran the app it told me there was a 'problem sending your message' so I downloaded the nokia Internet and Wap settings and now I'm getting the message 'Invalid Account' my user login is all ok & works fine on vodafone.ie, any ideas?

WEBMONKEY when you say "your logon details" do u mean My vodafone.ie login details?

Iam guessing that the link in the op for the app is the most up to date version?

• Advertisement

Yes the details you log into vodafone.ie with.

Webmonkey the app works like a charm..

cheers to the op dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

This is working again for me on 02, wasn't a problem with the app or 02, just that I didn't realise there was an updated version available and now it's all sorted.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just wondering would it be possible to get an app like this to work on the ipod touch, using the wifi connection obviously?

I know I can use safari and go to o2.ie and do it there, but it'd be cooler if there was an app to make it easy (i.e. no need to log in or go though a load of pages)

Would it be possible? Would it be hard to do?

I believe your session times out anyways regardless of saving your login details. I dont know much about the iPod touch but i'm sure you can develop APPs for it but I dont think it would be worth the hastle as only a small minority of o2 users would be texting off their iPod via WiFi. Thats my opinion anyways.

Donal

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ISOT

well then they're the best settings to use. The isp apn must not have a minimum charge. But even if its a case that the credit just wasn't updating, the isp settings would still be better than the live ones

Hi,
    downloaded the app less than two weeks ago using vodafone bill pay.
    my settings are vf isp and i was charge 2cent per text for about 50 texts.(i have about 250 free texts left)
    the app works like a charm but yesterday all my text were charged a 16c - it looks like vodafone coped on to what i was doing and changed my charging structure. has this happened to anyone else or has anyone any idea how to get back to the 2cent per text charges?
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Weird, with Voda ISP they should cost 1c, they do here anyway. I can send 5-6 texts with vyke j2me client and only pay 1c data traffic, it comes out at €2 per mb over that apn. Are you sure the phone hasnt switched over to the live apn instead?

flodis79 wrote: »
    Weird, with Voda ISP they should cost 1c, they do here anyway. I can send 5-6 texts with vyke j2me client and only pay 1c data traffic, it comes out at €2 per mb over that apn. Are you sure the phone hasnt switched over to the live apn instead?

flodis,
    thanks for the quick reply - i checked the phone and its web configuration settings were at default , not vf isp - this might explain it. i will test again and let you know but i will be over 24 hours before my data appears on the website.
    thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

correct me if im wrong

but didnt vodafone switch to a flat rate internet connection regardless of package your on

so that internet costs 99 cent to connect and download anything but its only 99c per day

so you can send as many texts as you like for only 99c, so that day you can do as many of your free texts as you feel like for a flat rate.

• Advertisement

correct me if im wrong

but didnt vodafone switch to a flat rate internet connection regardless of package your on

so that internet costs 99 cent to connect and download anything but its only 99c per day

so you can send as many texts as you like for only 99c, so that day you can do as many of your free texts as you feel like for a flat rate.

yes but you can be charged for 10kb straight away per-session before you have reached the 99c flat rate threshold. so say 2c per kb for 10 kb would work out as 20c in one session even if you only sent one texts, since the minimum billing on the live! apn is 10kb.

ISOT wrote: »
    flodis,
    thanks for the quick reply - i checked the phone and its web configuration settings were at default , not vf isp - this might explain it. i will test again and let you know but i will be over 24 hours before my data appears on the website.
    thanks again

Please keep me (and us) posted on this. I get charged straight away when using the isp apn on prepay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I am getting alot of invalid account messages using voipbuster and aft but the messages are still getting through. Anyone else experiencing the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I got "There was a problem trying to send your message"
    Vodafone, AFT 1.3, k800i.

Is the gateway up?

I tried VOIPBuster - I tried topping up by SMS (Ripoff I know but it should still save a small fortune if it works out) - it returned a text saying I topped up, but my balance remains €0.00. So: Are VOIPBuster usually reliable & trustworthy? And will I get spammed? Is VOIPuster still working with AFT?

Thank you!

ed: (How rude of me): Thanks for the app. :)

flodis79 wrote: »
    Please keep me (and us) posted on this. I get charged straight away when using the isp apn on prepay.

Well after changing the settings to vf isp i am still getting charged the 16c per text.:mad: it looks like it happened at the start of the new year, everyghing before that was 2cper text. it appears on the bill as isp gprs.

I just found this thread and I'm no phone expert. I have a Motorola L6i i-mode phone....will aft work with it? I tried to direct the phone's browser to the aft.jar but I got "invalid data" or something like that. Help?

I just found this thread and I'm no phone expert. I have a Motorola L6i i-mode phone....will aft work with it? I tried to direct the phone's browser to the aft.jar but I got "invalid data" or something like that. Help?

it won't work on an imode phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Sending through vodafone seems to be down for me but o2 seems ok??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i am using o2, i always get message - there was problem sending your message
    i never got this working
    what could be the problem?

Advertisement