Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Dal, I am getting authorisation failure. Any ideas?

Does it still work for Voipbuster?

Thanks for your work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

That's great news. I just tried it to send a message to myself on O2 though (using the .jar), and it appears to send ok and tells me number of remaining texts, but I never receive the txt. I went onto the O2 site, and I can send the txt ok from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

dal wrote: »
    Ok, I've increased the bandwidth on my own server and uploaded a new version of AFT.

So this one no longer uses Donutface's server (which has been up and down lately) so it should be solid as a rock in terms of uptime.

I have only tested this using o2 as it's the only account I have, but it should work for all three networks.

Thanks to Commander Vimes for the php code.

As usual, get the latest version here:

Jar:
    www.dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar
    Jad:
    www.dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jad

Thanks

works with Vodafone Bill pay using the live.vodafone.com APN. Will let you know the charges when I can see them online.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

jsut downloaded the jar file on my se k800i. did a test text and got it but the app seems to be stuck on "your message is being sent to 08xxxxxxx" anyone else got this problem?

jsut downloaded the jar file on my se k800i. did a test text and got it but the app seems to be stuck on "your message is being sent to 08xxxxxxx" anyone else got this problem?

Using same model and works ok for me. Maybe check the settings to make sure you have the correct APN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Not working on vodafone here.

What exactly are the settings needed?

nokia 2630 - pay as you go - latest aft

settings/connectivity/packet data/packet data settings/active access point/live.vodafone.ie

also tried isp.vodafone.ie

Which one is correct?

Also in the settings/configuration/default configuration settings/vf live is set. is this correct? there are also vodafone/vf live/vf isp.

None work. The internet works fine.

Im kinda confused. :eek:

settings/connectivity/packet data/packet data settings/active access point/live.vodafone.ie

Which one is correct?

Also in the settings/configuration/default configuration settings/vf live is set. is this correct? there are also vodafone/vf live/vf isp.

I have SEK800i In my phone I have Internet settings and also have Java settings to connect to Internet with java applications like AFT, I use live APN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i'm getting the same and i have it set to installed unsigned applications. i'll see if there are any other settings on the phone to look at
    no, my script was never designed to work with voipbuster

Peanut wrote: »
    That's great news. I just tried it to send a message to myself on O2 though (using the .jar), and it appears to send ok and tells me number of remaining texts, but I never receive the txt. I went onto the O2 site, and I can send the txt ok from there.
    i'd say that's a temporary problem because its working for me and others

that can happen if the script is running slowly. it shouldn't happen all the time

Which one is correct?

either should work but that problem seems to happen a lot with nokias. the first thing to try is delete all the settings on the phone and then download the "internet" settings from here:
    https://nokiags.wdsglobal.com/standard?step=explanation.vm&bearerId=5&contractId=191&captchaEnabled=false&locale=en_GB&siteLanguageId=118

when they're downloaded and installed, look for an option in the configuration (or internet) settings called "Activate default in all applications". post back if it still doesn't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

random wrote: »
    Can you make it so that the person can select their own server when using the app ?

I promise I will make this change soon.
    Thanks for your work.

I just added some code for voipbuster a few minutes ago. Can you please check if it is working now? I don't have a vb account to test with.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 keithmcgrane

Hi,

Has anyone tried using GPRSMS instead of AFT. I came across this app in another thread. Very similar to AFT (uses your Operator Webtext) same prices as using AFT, although lacks a few features. Has works brilliantly for me the last few days. It's handy to have incase AFT goes down for a period of time.

Just thought i'd pass the info on.

wap.gprsms.net to download app.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Has anyone tried using GPRSMS instead of AFT. I came across this app in another thread. Very similar to AFT (uses your Operator Webtext) same prices as using AFT, although lacks a few features. Has works brilliantly for me the last few days. It's handy to have incase AFT goes down for a period of time.

Just thought i'd pass the info on.

wap.gprsms.net to download app.

Hopefully with the move to my own server, AFT should have 100% uptime.

Can anyone please confirm that the new version of AFT is working with their network?

I know it's working for me with o2, as I tested it myself and I think it's working with vodafone as that is what commander vimes has, but what about meteor?

I would just like to make sure that the server side code is stable.

Can anyone please confirm that the new version of AFT is working with their network?

I know it's working for me with o2, as I tested it myself and I think it's working with vodafone as that is what commander vimes has, but what about meteor?

Hi

can also confirm with Vodafone Bill pay using LIVE APN.

Thnaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

http://sh3lls.net/web_plan.htm offer cheap webhosting with full support for php/cgi

no need for an expensive dedicated server..

I've tried it out for all networks. the things i've noticed are:

once or twice it said problem sending message on o2 but sent it anyway. other times it worked so probably a network issue

meteor has worked fine every time

if i sent a long text with vodafone it would send the first chunk, then the second, then the first again for some reason. and whats odder is it doesn't happen on my server. and what's odder still is it only happened on my nokia, not my SE

Peanut wrote:
    i'd say that's a temporary problem because its working for me and others

ahhh got it working now, I deleted and re-installed.

Initially I had installed the new AFT over an older version, and I selected 'keep settings' so I imagine that had something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

either should work but that problem seems to happen a lot with nokias. the first thing to try is delete all the settings on the phone and then download the "internet" settings from here:
    https://nokiags.wdsglobal.com/standard?step=explanation.vm&bearerId=5&contractId=191&captchaEnabled=false&locale=en_GB&siteLanguageId=118

when they're downloaded and installed, look for an option in the configuration (or internet) settings called "Activate default in all applications". post back if it still doesn't work

That link doesnt seem to work. I did find another nokia site with the info yesterday but I can`t seems to find it. What needs to be sent to the phone? gprs info is it?

That link doesnt seem to work. I did find another nokia site with the info yesterday but I can`t seems to find it. What needs to be sent to the phone? gprs info is it?
    sorry about that. Go to nokia.ie, click get support and software->setup->get settings->download standard settings and get the internet ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Mine hasn't been working for the last week or so. I just uninstalled the old one and put on Dal's .jar version but its still not working, getting an error saying "There was a problem sending your message". I'm using a Nokia E61i and I'm on o2 prepay. I don't think its my internet settings cos my phone has wi-fi and I cant send it using that either. Any ideas?

Mine hasn't been working for the last week or so. I just uninstalled the old one and put on Dal's .jar version but its still not working, getting an error saying "There was a problem sending your message". I'm using a Nokia E61i and I'm on o2 prepay. I don't think its my internet settings cos my phone has wi-fi and I cant send it using that either. Any ideas?

if you can't send it with either that would mean its not your internet settings, since your internet settings aren't used when connected to the wifi. the o2 script works properly so there must be a network issue that should be temporary. keep trying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Is there any way to check if Dal's server is up and running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Peanut wrote: »
    http://sms.donutsoft.net/ ?
    Service Unavilable at the moment
    That's not Dals server. That's donuts.

Yep I realised that a min after posting :-p

Note to self, think before post :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Mine hasnt been working with a Nokia N70 for the last week on Meteor. Never had a problem before?

Is it the server or something? Everythign else seems in order, meteor site is up and i havent changed the settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

download the latest ersion posted a page or two back, remove the old version and add the new one and you should be grand. that sorted me out anyway.

looks like the old host of the backend is gone. the newer version communicates with a new backend. (or something like that). :)

vibe666 wrote: »
    download the latest ersion posted a page or two back, remove the old version and add the new one and you should be grand. that sorted me out anyway.

looks like the old host of the backend is gone. the newer version communicates with a new backend. (or something like that). :)

yes that's exactly what happened. download the new one from

http://dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar

http://dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jad

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have the server-side code for both AFT and cabbage in the same place as it would involve less code maintenance.

that is a good idea. I'll add the url to the new server into the server list for the next release of cabbage. can i get the url of the new server. pm it to me if you don't want to post it

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Ok, I've increased the bandwidth on my own server and uploaded a new version of AFT.

So this one no longer uses Donutface's server (which has been up and down lately) so it should be solid as a rock in terms of uptime.

I have only tested this using o2 as it's the only account I have, but it should work for all three networks.

Thanks to Commander Vimes for the php code.

As usual, get the latest version here:

Jar:
    www.dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar
    Jad:
    www.dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jad

cheers dal and Commander Vimes
    I will test this for vodafone later..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tommylizard

i have uninstalled the old version and installed the newer one, the problem is i keep getting 'invalid account'. the account name is the same i use with o2 ( is it case sensitive?), i use the same user name that appears on the my o2 account page and use the same password that i login to the o2 website with. what am i missing? when i deleted the original AFT would it have changed the internet settings on the phone ( k750i )?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tommylizard

and also, what's the difference between jar and jad?

Advertisement