Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i have uninstalled the old version and installed the newer one, the problem is i keep getting 'invalid account'. the account name is the same i use with o2 ( is it case sensitive?), i use the same user name that appears on the my o2 account page and use the same password that i login to the o2 website with. what am i missing? when i deleted the original AFT would it have changed the internet settings on the phone ( k750i )?

the user name is the phone number. the password is case sensitive. go into settings and look for an option called settings for java. it might be under internet settings. make sure that's set to the right o2 settings

i don't know what the difference between jar and jad is. i've always used the jar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tommylizard

nice one, sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

and also, what's the difference between jar and jad?

jar is the archive containing resources and the app, jad is the descriptor file with info about the jar, tells the phone what to expect, you can open it in notepad and see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

jsut downloaded the jar file on my se k800i. did a test text and got it but the app seems to be stuck on "your message is being sent to 08xxxxxxx" anyone else got this problem?

Yeah, I'm getting this every time but still getting the message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

A good way to check whether the problem is with your phone or not is by taking your phone out of the equation.

In your browser you can enter the following:

http://www.dallan.co.uk/aft/serverside/send.php?u=08xxxxxxxx&p=xxxxx&d=08xxxxxxxx&s=o&m=test

u is you username (normally your phone number)
    p is your password
    d is the destination (set this to your own number just for the test)
    s is your provider (o is o2, v is vodafone, m is meteor (so in the case above it is set to use o2))
    m is the message

When you enter this url in your browser and press enter, it should send the texts and display the amount of remaining texts. If it does then AFT should be able to work on your phone (provided that your internet settings on the phone are correct).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

ok it worked from me, iam using a N95 pay as you go vodafone with vodafone isp, no
    problems.

looks like "game on"

thanks once again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

http://dallan.co.uk/aft/serverside/cookiebank/

shouldnt the cookies be cleared after the msg has been sent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

My text works fine when used in the browser but I still can`t get the phone to send via aft no matter what settings I try.

I downloaded the internet settings and tried everything but still just get there is a problem sending your message. I even did a factory reset of the phone.

Which one of these settings from the nokia site should I download?
    Select a service:
    WAP/GPRS

MMS

Internet

Its a 2630 on vodafone pay as you go if anyone can help. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My text works fine when used in the browser but I still can`t get the phone to send via aft no matter what settings I try.

I downloaded the internet settings and tried everything but still just get there is a problem sending your message. I even did a factory reset of the phone.

Its a 2630 on vodafone pay as you go if anyone can help. :o

Exact same thing here and I'm using a Nokia E61i. Maybe its something to do with Nokia's?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

Not working for me on vodafone. Have a motorola E770 on vodafone pay as you go. Tried sending a message there. It just came up with problem sending message. it charged me €0.16 for the connection aswell so something must have gone through.

Anyone else having this problem

• Advertisement

http://dallan.co.uk/aft/serverside/cookiebank/

shouldnt the cookies be cleared after the msg has been sent?

Ummm, i'm not actually too sure, but I guess so. I'll have to hand this one over to Commander Vines.

dal wrote: »
    Ummm, i'm not actually too sure, but I guess so. I'll have to hand this one over to Commander Vines.

yes they should. i must have deleted the bit accidentally. i'll take a look at the code now

No problem, i dunno if session hi-jacking is possible from them credentials, but its still no harm to remove them.

in the meantime you should change the permissons on that directory so people can't view it like that

thats a good idea Commander Vimes

right so the directory permissons have been changed. thanks dal. i'm working on the code now

in the meantime you should change the permissons on that directory so people can't view it like that

Done! Thanks guys.

having looked in the folder on my server i can see there are thousands of files there. apparently it hasn't been deleting them for a while :D

i have to wait until i can delete all of them before i can fix the script. its been deleting for about ten minutes now

i've updated the code. you can get it at
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/source.php.

you'll have to update the "http://yoursite.com" line again.

i've confirmed that the code does delete the cookies but it seemed to be doing that anyway. what i think was happening is that people were closing AFT before the script had a chance to finish, for example when it would stall sending on vodafone. because the script was stopped, the part that deletes the cookie was never called

nevertheless, i changed the line:
    unlink("$this->cookiedir/$this->cookie");

to

unlink("./$this->cookiedir/$this->cookie");

in case your server is configured differently. if that stops it working, just change it back because either way should be fine

i made the script work a bit faster too by taking out some unnecessary code

best leave the directory permissions as they are in case it happens again

yes if the script ended prematurely before that line of code was reached could cause the effect seen above. you can always use a cron-job to periodically clean out that dir.

• Advertisement

i've already started writing it :)

and it can't just clear the dir. If it did it at the wrong time it could delete one that's being used. It'll have to only delete ones a few minutes old

nice thinkin, i would have found that out the hard way

i've added a script to the zip file on cabaal.org. it erases files in ./cookiebank that are more than two minutes old. its called delcook.php

it'll only erase a maximum of 20 files per execution. the idea is that this script will be run each time a user sends a text so i don't want their text to be delayed while the script deletes 10,000 files.

i haven't updated the sending script yet so at the moment delcook will have to be run manually. the bit to make it stop at 20 files can be removed easily and if you want it to run every time a text is sent, just copy the code into send.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

Guys - sorry that I'm asking this here - usually I would not do something so annoying as asking a question that's prob already been answered but this thread is so massive I gave up looking for the answer after the first few hundred posts...

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get AFT on a Meteor Sony Ericsson 810i ? And please bear in mind this stuff baffles me so I would need really explicit instructions!!

Thanks very very much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

who007 wrote: »
    Guys - sorry that I'm asking this here - usually I would not do something so annoying as asking a question that's prob already been answered but this thread is so massive I gave up looking for the answer after the first few hundred posts...

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get AFT on a Meteor Sony Ericsson 810i ? And please bear in mind this stuff baffles me so I would need really explicit instructions!!

Thanks very very much!!

i got aft working on my meteor se w810i using the meteor settings from the following link: http://www.powermyphone.com/gprsmms.php#meteorie

i only got aft working using GPRS not APN. meteor enabled my APN and i can access the internet with it (1c charge) but for some reason AFT and SE do not like working together using APN, though if i had to bet money i would blame SE. currently working with GPRS and i am being charged 3c per text msg.

good luck.

laoisfan wrote: »
    i got aft working on my meteor se w810i using the meteor settings from the following link: http://www.powermyphone.com/gprsmms.php#meteorie

i only got aft working using GPRS not APN. meteor enabled my APN and i can access the internet with it (1c charge) but for some reason AFT and SE do not like working together using APN, though if i had to bet money i would blame SE. currently working with GPRS and i am being charged 3c per text msg.

good luck.

what you've said is 99% correct. i've only ever been able to get sony ericsson phones working with using GPRS. but its confusing to use the names GPRS and APN. APN stands for access point name. there is the WAP APN (or GPRS APN) and the ISP APN. calling meteor and just saying APN would cause lots of confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

what you've said is 99% correct. i've only ever been able to get sony ericsson phones working with using GPRS. but its confusing to use the names GPRS and APN. APN stands for access point name. there is the WAP APN (or GPRS APN) and the ISP APN. calling meteor and just saying APN would cause lots of confusion

ah...i stand corrected...was typing a bit fast in my reply. i believe "GPRS APN" is enabled by default whereas you have to ring meteor and request for "ISP APN" to be enabled. if they do not know what you mean ask them to check with tech support. thanks commander.

laoisfan wrote: »
    i believe "GPRS APN" is enabled by default whereas you have to ring meteor and request for "ISP APN" to be enabled. if they do not know what you mean ask them to check with tech support

yes that's right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

This had been working perfectly for me up until a couple of weeks ago when I started getting 'server unavailable'...

I uninstalled the old version & tried installing the latest one from http://dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar. However when it goes to install I get Authorization failed, even though I select yes when it says this application is untrusted continue anyway...

I'm using a Nokia N70... Any ideas :confused:

• Advertisement

rcs wrote: »
    This had been working perfectly for me up until a couple of weeks ago when I started getting 'server unavailable'...

I uninstalled the old version & tried installing the latest one from http://dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar. However when it goes to install I get Authorization failed, even though I select yes when it says this application is untrusted continue anyway...

I'm using a Nokia N70... Any ideas :confused:

the server was down. there's a new server running now which is why you needed to download a new one but i've getting the same error. its something to do with the way the app is signed. nokia symbians don't like it

Advertisement