Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

Commander - I tried this but it didn't work... do I transfer it to the phone on D drive or G drive? (there;'s 2 - I assumed G was the memory card in the phone. Then when a transferred it to the phone it appeared on the phone's explorer as being on the phone but there were also a num,ber of folders - should it be in a particular folder to work? Very confused now! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I might be wrong but would it be easy to make an instant messeging service that use the webtexts for each reply? Just a thought but maybe idea for your next project!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

who007 wrote: »
    Commander - I tried this but it didn't work... do I transfer it to the phone on D drive or G drive? (there;'s 2 - I assumed G was the memory card in the phone. Then when a transferred it to the phone it appeared on the phone's explorer as being on the phone but there were also a num,ber of folders - should it be in a particular folder to work? Very confused now! :eek:

i found a better way to do it. download the jar and jad files to your computer and put them in the same folder. download and install the nokia pc suite, then open it up and connect your phone to it.

click on the application installer on the pc suite, find the folder you put the aft files in and double click the jar file and it should install.

the problem is definitely something to do with the jad file because if its not in the folder when i install it give me the authorisation error

Commander I managed to get it started on my phone.. the account name is whatever I want I presume and the username and password are same as on meteor website I presume?

Also it has O2 as the network and won't allow me choose another - is this ok even though I'm on Meteor? I am hesitant to set it up incorrectly only to find I can't change any mistakes!

ok - tried it anyway and it added to my applications ok but when i tried sending it said it was an invalid account..? That cos I am on Meteor?

• Advertisement

who007 wrote: »
    Commander I managed to get it started on my phone.. the account name is whatever I want I presume and the username and password are same as on meteor website I presume?

Also it has O2 as the network and won't allow me choose another - is this ok even though I'm on Meteor? I am hesitant to set it up incorrectly only to find I can't change any mistakes!

the name is whatever you want. the username and password are as on the meteor site.

how do you mean it won't let you select the network? highlight the choose network field and press the enter key and you should be given some options, one of which is meteor irl.
    its not ok to leave it as o2

my mistake - I was trying to change it the wrong way - I have it set up now and a text just cost me 4c... and I know how many I have left - this is fantastyic!! Thanks a million!! I owe you pints!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kaizer05

Hi just wondering if anyone else is having problems with this ie working 1 minuite and not the next,up until a couple of days ago it was working all the time my sister has it on her phone as well and she's having the same problem the 2 phones are nokia e65 and 6300 both on vodafone.PS brilliant app.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

I just put this on to my Nokia 6234 but it keeps saying 'There was a problem sending you message' Any help would be appreciated. I'd love to get this working!

*EDIT* I can't seem to log onto the Vodafone site itself, so perhaps this is the problem. I'll try again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

Hi all,

Here is where i am at the minute.

I downloaded the app today from the link on the first page and it saved in a folder fine. I opened it up and put in my username and password and selected vodafone, (im on prepay)

I tried a test message to myself and got "Result, There was a problem sending your message"

I tried sending a "Test" message to 123 and got "You have -5 messages left"

I read through the previous post looking for a possible solution but couldn't see anything obvious.

My settings are on Vodafoen Live! (live.vodafone.com)

I tried using it with the proxy (010.024.059.100) and both port 80 and 8080

With port 8080 and 80 i get "You have -5 messages left" when sending to 123
    and "Result, There was a problem sending your message" when to myself.

I can access the internet (various pages) and the vodafone live webpage.

Sorry for the long post but im hoping someone who had the same situation or someone with some experience in the app will know where the problem is!

Any help is greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

blainj2 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here is where i am at the minute.

I downloaded the app today from the link on the first page and it saved in a folder fine. I opened it up and put in my username and password and selected vodafone, (im on prepay)

I tried a test message to myself and got "Result, There was a problem sending your message"

I tried sending a "Test" message to 123 and got "You have -5 messages left"

I read through the previous post looking for a possible solution but couldn't see anything obvious.

My settings are on Vodafoen Live! (live.vodafone.com)

I tried using it with the proxy (010.024.059.100) and both port 80 and 8080

With port 8080 and 80 i get "You have -5 messages left" when sending to 123
    and "Result, There was a problem sending your message" when to myself.

I can access the internet (various pages) and the vodafone live webpage.

Sorry for the long post but im hoping someone who had the same situation or someone with some experience in the app will know where the problem is!

Any help is greatly appreciated

Don't download it from the link in the first page.

Download it from here:

http://dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar
    http://dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jad

Also, if you have any further questions, can you please put them on this thread (as it has the correct link on the front page):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055103138

dal wrote: »
    Don't download it from the link in the first page.

Download it from here:

http://dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar
    http://dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jad

Also, if you have any further questions, can you please put them on this thread (as it has the correct link on the front page):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055103138

Thanks a million for that, it worked first time and 2c per message. Excellent idea and well done for keeping it up and adding in all the extra features from the first version. Respect to all involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Thanks a million for that, it worked first time and 2c per message. Excellent idea and well done for keeping it up and adding in all the extra features from the first version. Respect to all involved!

Hey! You didn't post on the new thread! :D

Glad to hear it works for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

:p I'm posting on the old thread too... it hasn't worked on Meteor for me for sometime now. I'm using 1.3.2 and up to about 2 weeks ago it was fine. Now I just keep getting "there was an error..."

And texts seem to cost 4c sometimes (when it did work) according to the Meteor site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Terrontress

The last post on the old thread is July 2007 so I am going to go with this one too.

I have an N73 and am getting Authorisation Error when I try to install.

Any ideas?

The last post on the old thread is July 2007 so I am going to go with this one too.

I have an N73 and am getting Authorisation Error when I try to install.

Any ideas?
    yes what you need to do is download the jar and jad files to your computer, copy them over to the phone and then using the phone's file manager, go to the folder you copied them to and install the jar file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Sorry.

Thanks!

Sorry.

Thanks!
    i'm confused. Did you get it to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 manyoo99

hey i have a k800i and with vodafone and can't get this to work. everytime i sent a message it keeps saying "There was a problem sending your message". i have the settings and everything on the phone and its wrecking my head!!!! can someone help me out?

manyoo99 wrote: »
    hey i have a k800i and with vodafone and can't get this to work. everytime i sent a message it keeps saying "There was a problem sending your message". i have the settings and everything on the phone and its wrecking my head!!!! can someone help me out?

Hi, im having the same problem as manyoo99 except the message sends very rarely to the receipient but always comes up with the same error as many0099.
    Is this because of a problem with the network or what.

I posted this problem in the other thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055103138&page=5

but didn't get any response so trying here!

• Advertisement

Hi, im having the same problem as manyoo99 except the message sends very rarely to the receipient but always comes up with the same error as many0099.
    Is this because of a problem with the network or what.

I posted this problem in the other thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055103138&page=5

but didn't get any response so trying here!

I'm on Vodafone and I'm getting the same message as this but it still seems to send nonetheless.

manyoo99 wrote: »

can other java applications access the internet?

go into menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->settings for java

and make sure they're set to vodafone live. if they're set to vodafone live, highlight it, press more and settings. make sure the settings are the following:

connect using: vodafone live
    use proxy: yes
    proxy addres:10.24.59.100
    port:8080
    username:dublin
    password:dublin

if it still doesn't work, go to menu->settings->connectivity->data communication->data accounts->vodafone live

make sure the settings are the following:
    apn:live.vodafone.com
    login request: off
    allow calls:automatic
    ip address: ... (ie blank)
    dns address: ... (also blank)
    authentication:PAP only
    data compression: off
    header compression: off

if that doesn't work, download another java app that accesses the internet like maybe damo2k's cinema listing app (you'll find it on the first few pages of the forum). if that doesn't work either i'd recommend a replacement sim card and if that doesn't work, post back and i'll tell you how to set up the isp apn and if that doesn't work, call vodafone and tell them java apps can't access the internet on your phone

edit:here it is:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055237067

and i forgot one step in the problem process. put your sim in another phone that normally work and see if it stops working or works with your sim, which will narrow down the problem to hpone or account

Sam Vimes wrote: »

go into menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->settings for java

and make sure they're set to vodafone live. if they're set to vodafone live, highlight it, press more and settings. make sure the settings are the following:

connect using: vodafone live
    use proxy: yes
    proxy addres:10.24.59.100
    port:8080

Thanks Sam, i changed the settings highlighted above and nothing else!! And it works perfect now! Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Hasnt worked on meteor in a while

Thanks Sam, i changed the settings highlighted above and nothing else!! And it works perfect now! Thanks again

good to hear it :)
    Hasnt worked on meteor in a while
    did you get the new version a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    did you get the new version a few weeks ago?

I see - working again for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 pop.1280

Many thanks for the fantastic application. I read one of your earlier posts that you can open up the phone's phone book by clicking the centre button when the phone number text box has the focus but it doesn't work for me. Is this a problem with this phone?

pop.1280 wrote: »
    Many thanks for the fantastic application. I read one of your earlier posts that you can open up the phone's phone book by clicking the centre button when the phone number text box has the focus but it doesn't work for me. Is this a problem with this phone?

do you mean the k800? it works fine on mine. you don't necessarily get it by pressing the centre button. press the two soft keys (the ones you use for back/more etc) and look for a "look up" option

• Advertisement

Sam many thanks for all your help on this great application.

It seems to be working spot on for me but when I send a text through Vodafone on my Nokia 6234 it tells me that There was a problem sending your message. All I would like to know, is this normal, as the message sends either way. It would be nice to be certain the message sent to make sure the recipient receives the text.

Advertisement