Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    yes it is

no problem at all :) i've been trying to figure out why that wouldn't work for ages.

Sam, will I have to do the same on a Nokia 6300, as I'm just about to put the app on the brothers phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

mfield wrote: »
    Sam, will I have to do the same on a Nokia 6300, as I'm just about to put the app on the brothers phone.

its s40 so you most likely will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I just installed AFT on a k800i but cannot send messages
    "there was a problem sending your message"

On Meteor pre-pay, sony ericsson k800i, using meteor isp settings.

(it was working intermittently on my old phone, a moto v3)

any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

going to sonyericsson.com and downloading the ISP settings once again isn't a bad idea, worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Does it work on voda or o2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

pp_me129 wrote: »
    Does it work on voda or o2?
    Both.

Timmins wrote: »
    going to sonyericsson.com and downloading the ISP settings once again isn't a bad idea, worth a try

that only has settings for wap and mms - not for ISP gprs. Anyway, gmail and opera mini work fine, so I don't think it's down to those settings? I also tried it using WAP profile, but that didn't work either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

I cannot get this working on meteor the last week. Working perfect beofre hand. Its so annoying - anyone else having this problem? Am using an N70

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

I've been browsing through slowly as I haven't been here for a while, but haven't clarified one thing to myself.

Because of this page on donutsoft's wiki, I've just downloaded to a Nokia 7600 from the killarneyonline link, and I still use that version in a Nokia 3120, but having read above about changing servers and so on, I wonder if I should change that.

Can I ask, does dal's latest version support older phones with Java MIDP 1.0, or would I still use an old version of AFT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

andy0 wrote: »
    I've been browsing through slowly as I haven't been here for a while, but haven't clarified one thing to myself.

Because of this page on donutsoft's wiki, I've just downloaded to a Nokia 7600 from the killarneyonline link, and I still use that version in a Nokia 3120, but having read above about changing servers and so on, I wonder if I should change that.

Can I ask, does dal's latest version support older phones with Java MIDP 1.0, or would I still use an old version of AFT?

open the .jad and you'll see what it supports

• Advertisement

andy0 wrote: »

I haven't updated the MIDP 1.0 version to use the new server, but I will try to get it updated this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Not working on my nokia 2630 on voda and not even working after it was installed on my samusng e900 on o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Lamps wrote: »
    I cannot get this working on meteor the last week. Working perfect beofre hand. Its so annoying - anyone else having this problem? Am using an N70

Have the same problem. Seems not to be working with Meteor the last week. Have had no problems with it up to a week ago. It stills sends the message but not received.

dal wrote: »
    I haven't updated the MIDP 1.0 version to use the new server, but I will try to get it updated this weekend.

oh, thanks but sorry, I didn't mean to cause more work

the version I've got works fine for me on the old one, so it's just if you guys want to switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Howdy - I've used AFT for SMS Doiscount before and I though it was great, but is it still working with SMSDiscount ?

I just set up AFT with an SMSDiscount account (for my wife's new phone) and I sent a test message to my myself, but I never got it.

I then setup a new account (on AFT) with a rubbish username and password to see if it was actually validating logon against the SMSDiscount server, and it said "Message Sent" etc....

So I think there may be an issue with SMSDiscount support....
    Maybe they changed their POST URLs for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I've been using this on my k800i, no problems. But the phone is giving me trouble, the themes are messed up. I can't seem to solve it so I am thinking of just getting another phone. Should AFT work on a Motorola K1 on o2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Hi
    Last week I set up aft on my Nokia E65 and my wife's SEk550i and it is fantastic.
    I've been trying to get it working on my Sister's Nokia 6300 and can't get it to work. I've read all previous posts and tried everything I can think of, including:
    Trying both the first version of Aft from the first page and the latest version also. I deleted the application and tried them again one at a time with fresh installations. Ive transfered by drag and drop and through nokiasuite application manager and bluetooth. She got new wap setting from Meteor and Java is enabled. The Meteor website is working when she logs on through the pc so login details are correct. I cant think of anything else to do.
    I have followed all the installation instructions and when I try sending a message from her phone I get the common message "There was a problem sending your message" and the message is not sent as it sometimes is for other people on this forum.
    It's of no benefit to me to get this working but I am so frutrated and I don't want this to beat me.
    All help will be very very welcome.

Jarvis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the 6300 and some other nokias have a very stupid problem. you have the meteor wap settings on your phone but the java apps aren't using those settings, they're using the preferred access point.

the other, more stupid thing is that the preferred access point can't use a proxy and the meteor wap access point uses one. here's what you need to do:

1. get your sister to call meteor and say "i would like the isp access point activated on my account". the person will have no idea what she's talking about and if they start saying something about laptops and settings and her doing something in general, tell them to shut up.

they need to activate it at their end so ask them to pass the information on to the technical team if they don't know what to do

2. on the phone, do the following (the menus might be slightly different):
    menu->settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name:meteor isp
    select access point settings
    data bearer: gprs (or packet data)
    select bearer settings
    access point name:isp.mymeteor.ie
    authentication:normal
    user name:my
    password:isp

go back to personal accounts
    highlight meteor isp and select options->activate

go back to config settings and select activate default in all applications->yes

then the program should work

edit:
    something else you might have to do:
    menu->settings->configuration->personal config settings->options->add new->web

account name:meteor web
    homepage:http://wap.mymeteor.ie
    username:my
    password:isp
    use preferred access point:yes

go back to personal accounts
    highlight meteor web and select options->activate

go back to config settings and select default config settings
    highlight personal config settings and select options->set as default

select activate default in all applications->yes

all of the above depends on meteor successfully turning on the isp access point and they don't always do it properly so if its not working, don't assume the problem is at your end. i just followed the instructions myself on a 6230i and its working

Thanks for the reply, I'll ring her and talk her through the instructions you gave and I'll post back to let you know how it went.

Thanks again.
    J

Meteor said they'll email her the settings rather than sending to the phone as its a little complicated and the email will have all the instructions....Does this sound right? They said the email could take up to 24hrs to arrive
    Is ISP the same as APN? Got this activated on my phone last week.

AntiRip wrote: »
    Have the same problem. Seems not to be working with Meteor the last week. Have had no problems with it up to a week ago. It stills sends the message but not received.

I deleted the old AFT application and installed the latest version 1.3 and it's now working for me.

• Advertisement

Well Sam, Looks like you were correct, the woman in Meteor she spoke to said she'd email her the setting but when they arrived they were instructions on how to set up your laptop to use your phone as a modem.
    Why is it so difficult to get Meteor to do what you want???
    Anyway my sister is losing interest in getting this set up now because of the hassle but it is still annoying me.
    Cheers
    Jarvis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Any chance of adding VoipCheap.com sms service to AFT?
    They are running a promo at the moment where sms's to almost all destinations are free..

flodis79 wrote: »
    Any chance of adding VoipCheap.com sms service to AFT?
    They are running a promo at the moment where sms's to almost all destinations are free..

You can now use the mobile Voipbuster client (Java MIDP 2.0) for any of the Betamax brands.

Has anyone been able to the latest get AFT working with SMSDiscount ?

Mine still says "Message Sent" but it's not being send (it even says this with incorrect login/pass)

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to the latest get AFT working with SMSDiscount ?

Mine still says "Message Sent" but it's not being send (it even says this with incorrect login/pass)

I use it all the time.
    I think you might need to make sure that the international dialling code is present and possibly in the 00353 format (as opposed to a plus sign).

I'll try that, but I think it's a bigger problem as it even thinks the message has been sent if I enter a crap username/password for my logon credentials for SMSDiscount.
    That would imply that it's not even communicating with SMSDicount.
    Anyhow - I'll try again and see how I get on.

:( No Joy
    I used both "+" and "00" for international....
    Both times it said message sent, but it's not and no credit has been deducted from my SMSDiscount account either...

deadl0ck wrote: »
    :( No Joy
    I used both "+" and "00" for international....
    Both times it said message sent, but it's not and no credit has been deducted from my SMSDiscount account either...

That's strange. This definitely works for me.

Try the following test:

http://www.dallan.co.uk/aft/serverside/send.php?u=xxx&p=xxx&d=xxx&s=sd&m=TestMessage&f=xxx

replace all the xxx where;
    u is your username
    p is your password
    d is the destination number
    and f is the from number (ie the number that you want to appear to be from)

Then copy and paste this into a browser window.
    Let me know if this works. I assume you are testing the messages by sending them to yourself?

Hi Dal - that works fine as a URL and I get the test message

I'll uninstall the app and re-install it again and then set it up again.

I think I may have used + instead of 00 as my "From number" in my account setup

I'll keep you posted and thanks for the help !

• Advertisement

I just set up the account again in AFT and used "00" instead "+" and it's working now

Thanks for all your help !!

Advertisement