Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

AFT is a grand solution to the texting, only, the iPhone does not support Java (at least not yet). Im working on a webapp for the iPhone to do just this with the view of replacing it with a iPhone native app.

take a look at this by boards user basquille:
    http://www.basquille.net/2008/03/03/iphonetext-v2-send-free-webtexts-from-iphone/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Ok, wish I'd seen that (note to self.. use search next time), cheers for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

hi there, does anyone have the web address/link for downloading GRPSMS? I used it before but have changed phones and need to install it again. Can't find link anywhere. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

okgirl wrote: »
    hi there, does anyone have the web address/link for downloading GRPSMS? I used it before but have changed phones and need to install it again. Can't find link anywhere. thanks

Google for "gprsms". It's the first result.

Thanks for your reply. So simple yet not. I should have thought of that myself. How embarrassing!

• Advertisement

http://www.gprsms.net/

you have to sign up and there'll be a link in there somewhere

why not aft?

thanks for that. I have aft but I prefer gprsms as I can access my address book. I still haven't managed to find the link though as the site you directed me to has the reg disabled for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

thanks for that. I have aft but I prefer gprsms as I can access my address book. I still haven't managed to find the link though as the site you directed me to has the reg disabled for some reason.
    Both AFT and Cabbage Mobile allow you to access your phones contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Question for anybody: I'm on meteor using a SEw810i and although AFT works i'm getting charged 3c. if I switch to O2 and get another SE will I still get charged about 3c as SE's dont do the APN or whatever?

DRice wrote: »
    Question for anybody: I'm on meteor using a SEw810i and although AFT works i'm getting charged 3c. if I switch to O2 and get another SE will I still get charged about 3c as SE's dont do the APN or whatever?

no, o2 will be cheaper. Usually your balance won't change until you send 5 or 6 messages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Ive just changed over to O2 and am about to send my first AFT msg on it, it comes up as I press send....select access point
    O2 GPRS
    o2 IE Internet
    O2 MMS
    O2 WAP GPRS

wrote out exactly like above, which one should i be using i have a nokia N76

any help wud be brilliant.

use o2 wap gprs. Is it not working?

O2 WAP GPRS working perfectly thanks, I was just making sure to use the right one.

Thanks Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ok. I got the latest AFT (1.3.4). Need to clarify a few points (probably been done before).

What do I put in for account name?

User name is my phone number. Format should be 087XXXXXXX or +35387XXXXXXX or 0035387XXXXXXX?

My password is the password I use for the vodafone site?

Numbers I'm sending too should be in the format of 087XXXXXXX or +35387XXXXXXX or 0035387XXXXXXX?

Thanks for the help.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Ok. I got the latest AFT (1.3.4). Need to clarify a few points (probably been done before).

What do I put in for account name?

User name is my phone number. Format should be 087XXXXXXX or +35387XXXXXXX or 0035387XXXXXXX?

My password is the password I use for the vodafone site?

Numbers I'm sending too should be in the format of 087XXXXXXX or +35387XXXXXXX or 0035387XXXXXXX?

Thanks for the help.

1. Whatever you want

2.08x

3. Yes

4. 08x

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    1. Whatever you want

2.08x

3. Yes

4. 08x

Hmm. Trying it by sending a text to myself but nothing. I used the Vodafone ISP details from here. Not sure where I'm going wrong. I'm using a Nokia 6230i also.:confused:

Hmm. Trying it by sending a text to myself but nothing. I used the Vodafone ISP details from here. Not sure where I'm going wrong. I'm using a Nokia 6230i also.:confused:

what happens when you try to send a message?

what happens when you try to send a message?

It says "You have -5 messages left" :confused:

are you on vodafone?

are you on vodafone?

Yup.

• Advertisement

I used get that if I entered a number from contacts that was in the format +35387xxxxxxx just a simple change to 087xxxxxxx etc sorted it out for me

cupthehand wrote: »
    I used get that if I entered a number from contacts that was in the format +35387xxxxxxx just a simple change to 087xxxxxxx etc sorted it out for me

I just done that. I got a message saying "There was a problem sending your message".

I just done that. I got a message saying "There was a problem sending your message".

right so, i think i know what the problem is. firstly, you shouldn't put +353 or 00353 in the number.

secondly, vodafone changed their site at the weekend and it looks like dal hasn't updated the script yet.

@dal, you can get the new scripts here:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/server_side_source.zip

the only lines that are different are the following lines in net.class.php:

$stri=explode('<p>Remaining messages this month <strong>',$this->textpageresult);
    $str=explode('</strong>',$stri[1]);
    $this->messagesleft=$str[0];

Ah ok. Thanks. Will update to the new one as soon as it's released. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

right so, i think i know what the problem is. firstly, you shouldn't put +353 or 00353 in the number.

secondly, vodafone changed their site at the weekend and it looks like dal hasn't updated the script yet.

@dal, you can get the new scripts here:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/server_side_source.zip

the only lines that are different are the following lines in net.class.php:

$stri=explode('<p>Remaining messages this month <strong>',$this->textpageresult);
    $str=explode('</strong>',$stri[1]);
    $this->messagesleft=$str[0];

Fixed!
    Many thanks Mr Vimes.

Ah ok. Thanks. Will update to the new one as soon as it's released. :)

you won't have to do anything. The problem's on the server

you won't have to do anything. The problem's on the server

Ok. I'm back to my -5 error.

I also tried this link and got a -1 error which is login details but they're spot on. :confused:

Ok. I'm back to my -5 error.

I also tried this link and got a -1 error which is login details but they're spot on. :confused:

would you be able to post exactly the link you went to except replace the last 7 digits of your number with 1234567 and replace your password with pass. Just want to make sure you have the format right. You know you have to replace s=o with s=v right?

would you be able to post exactly the link you went to except replace the last 7 digits of your number with 1234567 and replace your password with pass. Just want to make sure you have the format right. You know you have to replace s=o with s=v right?

:o Ok. That worked from the link but still no joy with the app on my phone. :o

• Advertisement

:o Ok. That worked from the link but still no joy with the app on my phone. :o

right so. it wasn't working from my phone earlier but it's working now. maybe dal updated the script.

are the login details definitely right on the phone?

download the cinema guide app from this page and let me know if it works:
    http://damohere.freehostia.com/

Advertisement