Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    right so. it wasn't working from my phone earlier but it's working now. maybe dal updated the script.

are the login details definitely right on the phone?

download the cinema guide app from this page and let me know if it works:
    http://damohere.freehostia.com/

Installed that. Ran it and during the time it was getting the times it said "GPRS closed by network". :confused:

It worked the 2nd time I did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Installed that. Ran it and during the time it was getting the times it said "GPRS closed by network". :confused:

It worked the 2nd time I did it.

right so your internet's working.

all i can suggest now is try reinstalling the program. it's working fine here.

once you reinstall it, go into the settings and do the "set as default in all apps" thing again

once you reinstall it, go into the settings and do the "set as default in all apps" thing again

Hmm, what's this? Sorry :(

maybe dal updated the script.
    dal wrote: »
    Fixed!
    Many thanks Mr Vimes.

ah i now see he did :D

Hmm, what's this? Sorry :(

you said you used the settings from here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55298268&postcount=1584

did you follow the guide exactly? did you delete any old settings first to make sure they weren't interfering

edit: just realised i didn't put that part in the guide. go into settings->configuration and look for the option "activate default in all applications"

you said you used the settings from here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55298268&postcount=1584

did you follow the guide exactly? did you delete any old settings first to make sure they weren't interfering

edit: just realised i didn't put that part in the guide. go into settings->configuration and look for the option "activate default in all applications"

That last option you just added is not selectable.

• Advertisement

That last option you just added is not selectable.

if it's greyed out, go into the option above it, default configuration settings, highlight vodafone isp and press options->set as default

then the option shouldn't be greyed out anymore

if it's greyed out, go into the option above it, default configuration settings, highlight vodafone isp and press options->set as default

then the option shouldn't be greyed out anymore

I'm not getting vodafone isp in the confirgurations menu.

Sorry about this :o

I'm not getting vodafone isp in the confirgurations menu.

Sorry about this :o

sorry not your fault. i just read the post i linked to and realised i left that bit out. here it is:

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web

account name: vodafone isp
    homepage: http://www.vodafone.ie
    username:vodafone
    password:vodafone
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings

highlight vodafone isp and press options->activate
    then do the same for vodafone isp apn

settings->configuration->default configuration settings
    highlight vodafone isp and press options->set as default

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

Nice wan. Finally got it working.

Nice wan. Finally got it working.

fantastic :D

remember now that your phone is using the isp settings so you're not getting the 99c a day deal because that only works with the live settings.

if you want to do a lot of browsing you should switch back to live

• Advertisement

fantastic :D

remember now that your phone is using the isp settings so you're not getting the 99c a day deal because that only works with the live settings.

if you want to do a lot of browsing you should switch back to live

Nah I don't use my phone for browsing whatsoever. :)

Nah I don't use my phone for browsing whatsoever. :)

grand so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Good work Vimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

hi, first of all i'd like to say fair play for making such a great program, saves me so much money each month!

Just one suggestion for the next update, would it be possible to make it look like this
    nokia.jpg

I presume this may require you to write seperate code for S40 phones so it probably would get a bit messy but it would be a cool new update!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

hi, first of all i'd like to say fair play for making such a great program, saves me so much money each month!

Just one suggestion for the next update, would it be possible to make it look like this

I presume this may require you to write seperate code for S40 phones so it probably would get a bit messy but i would be a cool new update!

It wouldn't take any special code at all, but why would this be better? The main reason I implemented it over 2 screens was so that the user would have very easy access to the most recently (and most often) used numbers. This makes the whole process a bit quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Well yeah i see where you're coming from, just thought it might make it a bit easier for nokia users that are used to that way, when they click add they get to choose recently added anyway.

Its not working for me. I reinstalled the program, download the settings from meteor, applied the settings for java to Meteor WAP.

(I've a Sony Ericsson W810i)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Any idea if this program would work on my old Nokia 6610i?

http://www.nokia.ie/A4201172

I think it can play Java games, and download ringtones from WAP or something...I'm not sure if that helps :o

If it wouldn't work, what specs would I need in any future phone for it to work?

samsamson wrote: »

I think it can play Java games, and download ringtones from WAP or something...I'm not sure if that helps :o

If it wouldn't work, what specs would I need in any future phone for it to work?

no, the version of java on it is an older one. there used to be a version that would work on phones like that but i don't think dal keeps it updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Don't know if this will help:

*snip* - Don't want people downloading wrong version

Do you know which one that works Sam Vimes

• Advertisement

i'm afraid i don't think any of them will work. the app had to be changed to use a new script a few months ago so all the old versions would be pointing to the wrong url. i was hoping that dal would still have a copy of the old one that he could change the url one

i just tried the latest one there in an emulator and it didn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Having some trouble with mine at the minute. Every time i send a message it says "server unavailable". Same with my bro's. Any ideas? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Having some trouble with mine at the minute. Every time i send a message it says "server unavailable". Same with my bro's. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Are you on O2? If so the O2 website is down until later this evening / tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

random wrote: »
    Are you on O2? If so the O2 website is down until later this evening / tonight.

Yeah im on o2. Didn't know their site was down. They are working fine now. Thanks for the reply.

samsamson wrote: »

Sam Vimes is correct. This is an older phone so the current version of aft won't work for it. I did have another version of aft especially for older phones, but I haven't kept it up to date. I might have a go at updating it soon, but I don't know when.

Any recent phone that has java will work with AFT (the phone must have MIDP 2.0 profile, which all recent ones do).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

i'm afraid i don't think any of them will work. the app had to be changed to use a new script a few months ago so all the old versions would be pointing to the wrong url. i was hoping that dal would still have a copy of the old one that he could change the url one

i just tried the latest one there in an emulator and it didn't work
    Thats right - didn't even think of that -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

@dal hi dal, i loved AFT on my mobile (now E51, from 6230i) which i used with O2 but it hasn't worked on either mobile for a good while but works with the website facility no hassle.. any ideas what might be wrong on the mobile end?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    @dal hi dal, i loved AFT on my mobile (now E51, from 6230i) which i used with O2 but it hasn't worked on either mobile for a good while but works with the website facility no hassle.. any ideas what might be wrong on the mobile end?

Which website facility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

if you're on meteor, the site is running very slowly at the moment and it's causing problems with the sending scripts

Advertisement