Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

i m having problem as well can not send txt using o2, i can use net on my xda even open o2 web site but when i try to use aft i get this message "There was a problem sending your message." is there some problem with aft or i m using out older version?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

wasim21k wrote: »
    i m having problem as well can not send txt using o2, i can use net on my xda even open o2 web site but when i try to use aft i get this message "There was a problem sending your message." is there some problem with aft or i m using out older version?
    Has it ever worked on your XDA? When and from where did you download your version of aft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi dal, just wondering are you working on any more gems like this or is there any new features on the way in aft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ok question for anyone... I have a Nokia 6300 on Vodafone but I cannot get it to send messages from any of my networks(vodafone, o2 and meteor) tried several different accounts but I can't get them to work i keep getting the message "could not connect to network site and im using vodafone... i know theres hassle witha 6300 but any specific help is much apprieciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    ok question for anyone... I have a Nokia 6300 on Vodafone but I cannot get it to send messages from any of my networks(vodafone, o2 and meteor) tried several different accounts but I can't get them to work i keep getting the message "could not connect to network site and im using vodafone... i know theres hassle witha 6300 but any specific help is much apprieciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

this should do it:

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web

account name: vodafone isp
    homepage: http://www.vodafone.ie
    username:vodafone
    password:vodafone
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: vodafone isp apn
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs (or packet data)
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point:isp.vodafone.ie
    authentication type:normal

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings

highlight vodafone isp and press options->activate
    then do the same for vodafone isp apn

note that the 99c a day deal only works on the vodafone live access point. with those settings you'll be paying 2c per kb

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    this should do it:

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web

account name: vodafone isp
    homepage: http://www.vodafone.ie
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: vodafone isp apn
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs (or packet data)
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point:isp.vodafone.ie
    authentication type:normal

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings

highlight vodafone isp and press options->activate
    then do the same for vodafone isp apn

note that the 99c a day deal only works on the vodafone live access point. with those settings you'll be paying 2c per kb

It worked!!!!!:pac:

Absolutely Brilliant THANKS A MILLION!!! all my friends are on vodafone bar 3 on meteor-now have free messages to em! Sam ur a complete LEGEND!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

dal wrote: »
    Which website facility?

@dal i mean the killarneyonline site. i use the site on laptop and using OperaMini on 6230i and E51 no hassle.. so it's not an O2 service issue, must be to do with AFT app. now, it did work flawlessly on the 6230i but then kept giving me 'problem sending...' message, giving me same on the E51 ;( ... can you post link to the latest version?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

jkforde wrote: »
    @dal i mean the killarneyonline site. i use the site on laptop and using OperaMini on 6230i and E51 no hassle.. so it's not an O2 service issue, must be to do with AFT app. now, it did work flawlessly on the 6230i but then kept giving me 'problem sending...' message, giving me same on the E51 ;( ... can you post link to the latest version?

Yep, it does sound like you have an old version of the app.

Latest one is in my signature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Which website facility?
    Yep, it does sound like you have an old version of the app.

Latest one is in my signature.

dal, working flawlessly again! you are the man, go raibh míle

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

just wondering whats the prob if any with aft. been using mine (gratefully) for months without a glitch on meteor but it stopped workin last week. using nokia thinks its 6100. gave me error -5 or something got to do with boundarys. reinstalling it has not worked. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kingdsofmuff

~Any idea why AFT stopped working recently?

I deleted and tried to install the new one, but get a "Invalid application" error message :(

Nokia 3110c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

My webbased o2 texter has stopped working also so I am guessing O2 have changed their site once again.

~Any idea why AFT stopped working recently?

I deleted and tried to install the new one, but get a "Invalid application" error message :(

Nokia 3110c
    what you should do is download the jar and jad files to your computer, then plug your phone into the computer and copy the two files over using the nokia pc suite's file manager. When they're copied, on the phone find the files, select the first one and click install

@webmonkey, the o2 site was up and down yesterday. My script's still working so if they have changed something it's small and it shouldn't take long to fix

Posted via Mobile Device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

what you should do is download the jar and jad files to your computer, then plug your phone into the computer and copy the two files over using the nokia pc suite's file manager. When they're copied, on the phone find the files, select the first one and click install

@webmonkey, the o2 site was up and down yesterday. My script's still working so if they have changed something it's small and it shouldn't take long to fix

Posted via Mobile Device
    My Bad, seems to be working alright. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kingdsofmuff

I dont know why it works, but it now works. thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Voipbuster functionality on AFT is still active.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

Hi all,

Just download this app to my Nokia e61i. My first attempt was to send a text to myself. I checked that my text goes fine from o2online and all fine there. But I get an error message saying there was a problem sending my text.

Just to be certain, what do I need to type into the phone number field in AFT to get to my mobile is it 086392xxxx or 0035386392xxx or what? Just want to eliminate that possibility to start with.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 technojoe

malachy47 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just download this app to my Nokia e61i. My first attempt was to send a text to myself. I checked that my text goes fine from o2online and all fine there. But I get an error message saying there was a problem sending my text.

same problem...also using nokia

Hi all,

Just to be certain, what do I need to type into the phone number field in AFT to get to my mobile is it 086392xxxx or 0035386392xxx or what? Just want to eliminate that possibility to start with.

Thanks

Update: I downloaded cabbage and it worked like a charm. Since the phone is WiFi capable I sent messages over the WiFi network and it worked!

Hats off to the developer. I wonder if the source code is available? I could see it as a nice widget for some of the apps I develop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 technojoe

Update: I downloaded cabbage and it worked like a charm. Since the phone is WiFi capable I sent messages over the WiFi network and it worked!

Hats off to the developer. I wonder if the source code is available? I could see it as a nice widget for some of the apps I develop.

whats cabbage?

The details are further up in this very thread, search the thread for it and away you go

@technojoe, take a look at http://cabaal.org/cabbage, the mobile section

@malachy, yes the source code is available. I'm currently in jfk airport so i don't have access to the latest code but i'll package it up and make it available asap

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kaizer05

Hi i was just wondering if someone can post up the settings for a nokia e65 on vodafone ive been using the vodafone live as my default access point and from what ive been reading on here it says i should be using the vodafone isp as my default access point but when i try sending a txt using isp it wont send, but it sends using vodafone live,ps brilliant app

connection name:vodafone isp
    data bearer: packet data
    access point name:isp.vodafone.ie
    prompt password:no
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://google.ie/pda

advanced settings:
    network type:ipv4
    phone ip address:automatic
    dns address:automatic
    proxy server address:none
    prox port:0

why do you want to use the isp access point?

live is more expensive for the first few kb at 5c a kb (i think) but once you hit 99c all your texts from then will be free. the isp is 2c per kb.

so if you send 40-50 texts per day or more using aft, the isp access point starts to be more expensive

if you use the net on your phone for other things and hit the 99c mark anyway, the using live is better

Thanks for getting back so quick i wasnt sure of i had the right settings for the e65 on voda i thought i seen some posts saying use default access point isp and others said use live which made me a little confused and another thing i noticed is when i send the first txt of the day using aft it charged me 18c(i think) and the next txt was only a quarter of a cent,would this be normal.PS i forgot to say i dont want to use isp i just want to mke sure i have the right setings for live,apoligies

that pricing sounds about right for live. it's very expensive to first connect but then stops at 99c

could you post up the live settings for e65 vodafone please, im using live the last few months but it works on and off so i just want to make sure im doing it right,when i posted first i didnt know if i was using the right settings for aft so sorry if i confused you

connection name:vodafone live
    access point name:live.vodafone.com
    username:dublin
    password:dublin
    homepage:http://live.vodafone.com

advanced settings:
    proxy server address:10.24.59.100
    proxy port:80

but the live apn is just dodgy. if it works sometimes then your settings are right. it just often doesn't work through the live apn. the isp one is more reliable

• Advertisement

connection name:vodafone live
    access point name:live.vodafone.com
    username:dublin
    password:dublin
    homepage:http://live.vodafone.com

advanced settings:
    proxy server address:10.24.59.100
    proxy port:80

but the live apn is just dodgy. if it works sometimes then your settings are right. it just often doesn't work through the live apn. the isp one is more reliable

Sam I'm trying to change settings on a vodafone e65 also and it still says cannot connect to network site. Its vodafone prepay-don't think it makes a difference but what do you reckon could be wrong with it?

Advertisement