Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Wahoo, Thank you very much
    Just tested it on my 6230i with vodafone and works a charm

Did you have any bother installing on on the 6230i. When I try I get unsupported file format. Any ideas how I might be able to over come this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

sharkman wrote:
    That wont work as the application wont take that many numbers .

I always have to enter 00 before the country code when sending internationally. If the app wont take that many numbers on your phone, it wont you send any int'l texts at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

As a side note... do anyone know when Meteor lowered the cost of its text messages down to 7c?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

sharkman wrote:
    That wont work as the application wont take that many numbers .

I always have to enter 00 before the country code when sending internationally. If the app wont take that many numbers on your phone, it wont you send any int'l texts at all?

Also, I cannot get this app to work on my Nokia 3220.. Is that phone not supported? Is it MIDP 1.0 or 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

I tryed the software out on my motorola v3 - It downloaded just fine and looks great but im unable to send any messages - it says message sent and then gives me an error message - Ive tryed sending it to myself to be sure but the message never arrives - It does not quote my balance to me either which suggests it did not manage to connect and my webtxt balance remains the same - Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Thirdfox wrote:
    As a side note... do anyone know when Meteor lowered the cost of its text messages down to 7c?
    No idea, I was surprised to see it myself last night. The 2.50 isp charge keeps coming off and on my account, very weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Dmtiling

I have tried to put the address for the app into my phone to download the app but it just comes up as page not found? Whats the story there?

Thirdfox wrote:

Thr prices on the mymeteor call history page do not include vat so to answer your question, No they have not. They are still 9c.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭paulshir

Dmtiling wrote:
    I have tried to put the address for the app into my phone to download the app but it just comes up as page not found? Whats the story there?

I had the same problem so i switched from wap to gprs. it would then ask me to accept the download but my phone doesn't seem to support it. Nokia 3100.

would using nokia's application convertor work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The Fort wrote:
    I had the same problem so i switched from wap to gprs. it would then ask me to accept the download but my phone doesn't seem to support it. Nokia 3100.

would using nokia's application convertor work?
    use this instead:
    http://texter.awardspace.com/texter.htm

it accesses it through a simple html form that the phone will understand. set it as a bookmark. i set it up because the app didn't work on my 3200. i can set you up a personal page so you don't have to type in the login details each time if you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

developers, any chance of making it available to text the same message to more then one person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

deadly, cheers,

just find it easy for footie or organising pints ect to send the message to everyone u want online,

would be excellent if this had the same functionality

the app is still going strong for me!

i'll do it but mine can only be accessed by going to http://texter.awardspace.com/texter.htm, not using the java app. the original developer should be able to do it no hassle too

should work now. separate the numbers by commas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭opus

Great program, thanks very much for the effort. Works great with O2, especially handy for sending sms messages to foreign mobiles when away from a PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Best piece of software that I've downloaded in a long time! Superb job!

use this instead:
    http://texter.awardspace.com/texter.htm

it accesses it through a simple html form that the phone will understand. set it as a bookmark. i set it up because the app didn't work on my 3200. i can set you up a personal page so you don't have to type in the login details each time if you want

This is Brill :)
    Im using a Motorola v3 and for some reason i was unable to use the java app but this works like a charm.:)
    Well Done.
    It requires very little time to send so im guessing it is very very cheap and it also updates you on how many webtxt you have remaining. How cool is that.:)
    Again Well Done.

Any idea as to why the Java app would not work on the V3.

This is Brill :)
    Im using a Motorola v3 and for some reason i was unable to use the java app but this works like a charm.:)
    Well Done.
    It requires very little time to send so im guessing it is very very cheap and it also updates you on how many webtxt you have remaining. How cool is that.:)
    Again Well Done.

Any idea as to why the Java app would not work on the V3.

Anything similar set up for o2?

donutface wrote:
    ring up o2 and ask them to send you the internet access point, not the GPRS one. Thatll sort it out

Would That be the same for meteor do you think? Im on a motorola V3 and im more of a nokia guy so im clueless with motorola internet settings

Anything similar set up for o2?
    http://texter.awardspace.com/o2texter.htm

there you go

i can set you up a login if you want. i have three for myself. one where i enter all the info, one that automatically logs in me so i don't have to do that every time and another just for my girlfriend where all i have is the message text box and the send button. i can set you up the same if you want

each text costs me 2c on meteor btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'd like a login, but I could host it myself. Could i get the php pages off you? I'll host the generic ones as mirror as well if you'd like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Meteor charges a minimum of 2kb per connection to the internet, so no 0c texts for us unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

With Meteor if you get the Internet access point for your phone (convinving meteor to do this seems to be harder lately), you can get your texts for 1c instead of 2c.

Tell them its for a business project or college project, if they ask what its for you always have the ability to say its confidential.

Guys, with regards to the 6230i, has anybody else managed to get this working on this phone. I keep getting unsupported file format.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Aquos76 wrote:
    Guys, with regards to the 6230i, has anybody else managed to get this working on this phone. I keep getting unsupported file format.

Hey there aquos, I am just back from a week away so I will get development back on track for AFT.
    I will try to knock up a midp 1.0 version tonight. This may work on your phone (although the 6230i is supposed to be midp 2.0 compatible).

dal wrote:
    Hey there aquos, I am just back from a week away so I will get development back on track for AFT.
    I will try to knock up a midp 1.0 version tonight. This may work on your phone (although the 6230i is supposed to be midp 2.0 compatible).

Thats what I thought too. Thanks for that.

I just got it back working on my k700i after a factory reset. I somehow managed to mess up all the settings while trying to get 1c msg. Greedy me:D

It works a treat on th SE W810Ii also. Many thanks to all you guys for all the time ye spent on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Aquos76 wrote:

Works perfectly on Nokia 6230i, 6230, 6101

Iffy on Moto V3, V620 - can't access the phone book and backlight goes off / freezes before message sent confirmation comes through

yapyap wrote:
    Works perfectly on Nokia 6230i, 6230, 6101

Any chance you can tell us how you installed it. when I send it from my w810i via bluetooth, I can only save it in my gallery. When I try and open it I get unsupported file format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Aquos76 wrote:
    yapyap wrote:
    Works perfectly on Nokia 6230i, 6230, 6101/QUOTE]

Any chance you can tell us how you installed it. when I send it from my w810i via bluetooth, I can only save it in my gallery. When I try and open it I get unsupported file format

On Nokias 6230i and 6230 download jar and save. Then use PC suite to load through cable. App goes to Collection folder in Applications

On Nokia 6101 browsed to download link using isp as I do't have a USB cable for handset. App saved in Applications

On Nokias, mark Collection in GO TO menu ie left hand key, then select AFT

On Moto V620 enable java app loader using p2k advanced editor. make a jad file using jad maker saving in same folder and load using midway.

On V3, the above procedure but would be much easier though just to browse to link using isp and download from there as the V3 is a new one with new software R4515 and the above programs are a bit iffy

Advantage of Moto is that you can do a shortcut directly to app by personalising the keys. I set navi up key to open the app.

• Advertisement

Ok so thats my problem, I need to transfer it to the handset using a cable rather that bluetooth.

Ok now to find a data cable for the 6230i...

Thanks

Advertisement