Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes i did. Take a look at the cabbage thread for links. It's on the first or second page of the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

I've just bought a new phone, and when i go to http://www.dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar I get a message saying 'this account has been suspended, please contact the billing department' !!!!!! Is there a new link for it or something...??!!

And just tried cabbage mobile and it says page not found :(:(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

Anyone having problems with their aft i havent been able to send any since yesterday afternoon. I keep getting an error message saying 'there was a problem sending your message'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ammi92

hallo i downloaded this file, and i opened it in my phone and i install it, But the problem is i dont know the username it tested dublin dublin which i say in yhis thread, but now to the big problem, Im from sweden and the network is not there, i have Telia2comviq, is there a way so i can acces this good program?:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry gor the bad english

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

dal: I guess the problem origins in the dallan.co.uk web site being suspended, which also affects the execution of the php script?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Ive been unable to use cabbage for several days. Keep getting the message "(-2) Could not connect to network site"
    Im with meteor. I had no problems in the past and sent 10's of txts off it.
    My monthly allowance isnt used up either

are you sure its cabbage you're using and not aft? I think the aft server is having problems but i just tested cabbage with meteor and it's working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Yes, I'm using cabbage and its not working.

ammi92 wrote: »
    hallo i downloaded this file, and i opened it in my phone and i install it, But the problem is i dont know the username it tested dublin dublin which i say in yhis thread, but now to the big problem, Im from sweden and the network is not there, i have Telia2comviq, is there a way so i can acces this good program?:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry gor the bad english
    the main function of this program is to use the web texts that irish networks give to their customers so if you have a swedish account it won't work. It can also use a service called sms discount. Google it and sign up, then put your username and password from it into the program

sms discount isn't free but is very cheap for sending texts

@the people having problems with aft, the website is down which is why it's not working

@Caliden:
    what phone do you have?
    Can other java applications access the internet?
    Do you have a login from another network that you can try in the program?

Sam Vimes wrote: »

@Caliden:
    what phone do you have?
    Can other java applications access the internet?
    Do you have a login from another network that you can try in the program?

Sorry Im just taking some of your advice to Caliden :rolleyes:

My WAP is working in the sense that I can get on to the net, but any java applications cannot access the internet..... its a nokia 7500... any ideas??? Thanks

• Advertisement

Quarrybaby wrote: »
    Sorry Im just taking some of your advice to Caliden :rolleyes:

My WAP is working in the sense that I can get on to the net, but any java applications cannot access the internet..... its a nokia 7500... any ideas??? Thanks

firstly, AFT isn't working because as you said, the website is down.

about getting cabbage mobile working, certain nokias have a problem with getting java apps to access the internet. to see if yours is one of them, try to do the following on your phone to see if this menu structure exists

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point->access point settings

and see if there's an option to enter a proxy address and port.

if you can't find any menu like that on your phone, then it's not one of the phones with that problem.

what address are you using to get cabbage mobile?
    this is the correct address:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.3.jar

Sam Vines I really appreciate the help. Sorry if im about to ask stupid questions but im a novice when it comes to all this!!

I do all the steps as you said and when I get as far as add -> access point->access point settings my next options are data bearer and bearer settings, I've gone in to these options and I don’t see an option to enter a proxy address and port....

My phone came with Opera Mini installed on it and im having problems connecting with that also, but im presuming the fact that it was pre installed means that I can actually use it with my phone!!!!!!!!!! There must be a simple explanation..!!

Yes that it the address for cabbage i have been using, i've double and treble checked it for a spelling mistake buy it keeps telling me address not found :(

Very frustrating, they are 2 great applications and i WANT THEM BACK!!!

Sam Vines I really appreciate the help. Sorry if im about to ask stupid questions but im a novice when it comes to all this!!

I do all the steps as you said and when I get as far as add -> access point->access point settings my next options are data bearer and bearer settings, I've gone in to these options and I don’t see an option to enter a proxy address and port....

My phone came with Opera Mini installed on it and im having problems connecting with that also, but im presuming the fact that it was pre installed means that I can actually use it with my phone!!!!!!!!!! There must be a simple explanation..!!

Yes that it the address for cabbage i have been using, i've double and treble checked it for a spelling mistake buy it keeps telling me address not found :(

Very frustrating, they are 2 great applications and i WANT THEM BACK!!!
    you know that the address is case sensitive right? so if you type:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/mobile/cabbage_mobile_1.3.jar

it won't work. it has to be:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.3.jar

if you click the link above can you download it to your pc or do you get a 404 error? or maybe a different error?

your phone is one of the nokias with the problem. what network are you on?

Yep i know it is case sensitive. When i click it from my computer I get an error - screenshot attached.

Im on 02 prepaid. Is there a solution to my problem!!!!??? :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Yep i know it is case sensitive. When i click it from my computer I get an error - screenshot attached.

You are for some reason trying to open the jar file on the computer instead of in the phone?

that error is because it's trying to run the file as a java file instead of downloading it. i get the same error when i click on a jar on my computer. instead of just clicking on it, right-click and click download. that works for me and if it works for you you must be making some mistake in the address.

are you typing exactly the link i posted above or is there maybe some part of it that you thought was ok to leave out, maybe the http://

are you putting in www. you shouldn't

are you leaving out the /mobile/ part?

are you using - instead of _?

if you can click links that you get sent in texts, i recommend you copy the link above, paste it into a webtext and send it to yourself

yes. do the following on your phone:

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web

account name: o2 internet
    homepage:http://o2.ie
    username:none
    password:none
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: o2 internet apn
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point: open.internet
    authentication type:normal

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings

highlight o2 internet and press options->activate
    then do the same for o2 internet apn

settings->configuration->default configuration settings
    highlight o2 internet and press options->set as default

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Looks like someone has been has been attacking my server with traffic causing a denial of service.

Anyone been doing any testing in a loop?

The ip address of the person doing it is: 66.45.237.210, calling the following url:

dallan.co.uk/aft/serverside/send.php?username=&password=&from=&to=&text

that error is because it's trying to run the file as a java file instead of downloading it. i get the same error when i click on a jar on my computer. instead of just clicking on it, right-click and click download. that works for me and if it works for you you must be making some mistake in the address.

are you typing exactly the link i posted above or is there maybe some part of it that you thought was ok to leave out, maybe the http://

are you putting in www. you shouldn't

are you leaving out the /mobile/ part?

are you using - instead of _?

if you can click links that you get sent in texts, i recommend you copy the link above, paste it into a webtext and send it to yourself

yes. do the following on your phone:

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web

account name: o2 internet
    homepage:http://o2.ie
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: o2 internet apn
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point: open.internet
    authentication type:normal

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings

highlight o2 internet and press options->activate
    then do the same for o2 internet apn

settings->configuration->default configuration settings
    highlight o2 internet and press options->set as default

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

I really do feel rather dumb, :o as I pasted that link for cabbage into a text and sure enough it worked … oh the shame!!! Cant figure out what I was typing wrong, as I made sure it was all in the correct case……

I have done the add web part of your instructions. I am now on the add access point part. When I get as far as bearer settings I do not have an option of GPRS access point. What I have is :

Dial-up number
    Authentication type
    Data call type
    Data call speed
    User Name
    Password
    Displ. Term. window

I really do feel rather dumb, :o as I pasted that link for cabbage into a text and sure enough it worked … oh the shame!!! Cant figure out what I was typing wrong, as I made sure it was all in the correct case……
    don't worry. it can happen to the best of us :)

I have done the add web part of your instructions. I am now on the add access point part. When I get as far as bearer settings I do not have an option of GPRS access point. What I have is :

Dial-up number
    Authentication type
    Data call type
    Data call speed
    User Name
    Password
    Displ. Term. window
    right so you've selected the wrong type of access point. go up one level from bearer settings (so that you can see the option to go into bearer settings) and there should be another item on the list called "data bearer". go into that and there should be two options. what they're called varies by phone but it should be something like:

what you have selected: GSM data or CS data or circuit switched

what should be selected: GPRS data or PS data or packet switched.

it doesn't really matter what they're called. just whichever one is selected, pick the other one and then when you go into bearer settings you should see the right list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

I keep getting "There was a problem sending your message" when I used AFT. I have a SE 810i on Meteor and nothing has changed on my phone with regard to the AFT application or my internet settings (I am using isp apn).

I am using cabbage successfully on the same phone and using the same internet settings.

I wonder is the AFT problem related to the "DOS" posted by Dal above?

• Advertisement

don't worry. it can happen to the best of us :)

right so you've selected the wrong type of access point. go up one level from bearer settings (so that you can see the option to go into bearer settings) and there should be another item on the list called "data bearer". go into that and there should be two options. what they're called varies by phone but it should be something like:

what you have selected: GSM data or CS data or circuit switched

what should be selected: GPRS data or PS data or packet switched.

it doesn't really matter what they're called. just whichever one is selected, pick the other one and then when you go into bearer settings you should see the right list

Well im getting somewhere, cause i've done all that and now when i go to text off cabbage im getting a message saying 'subscribe to packet date first'

I've obviously done a step wrong somewhere, im just leaving work now so i'll double check all the steps when i get home!!!!! I really appreciate the help!!

Well im getting somewhere, cause i've done all that and now when i go to text off cabbage im getting a message saying 'subscribe to packet date first'

I've obviously done a step wrong somewhere, im just leaving work now so i'll double check all the steps when i get home!!!!! I really appreciate the help!!

if you find that the settings are exactly as i've posted above and it still doesn't work, it's possible that your account isn't being allowed access to the "open.internet" access point. if this is the case, you'll have to call o2 to ask them to activate it

if you find that the settings are exactly as i've posted above and it still doesn't work, it's possible that your account isn't being allowed access to the "open.internet" access point. if this is the case, you'll have to call o2 to ask them to activate it

Just called o2 customer service and they havent a clue :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

Just called o2 customer service and they havent a clue :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

call them again and say this "i would like the internet apn activated on my account". Apn stands for access point name. If the agent doesn't know what you're talking about, tell him to ask some colleagues and if they don't know, ask for it to be escalated to the technical team
    laoisfan wrote: »
    I keep getting "There was a problem sending your message" when I used AFT. I have a SE 810i on Meteor and nothing has changed on my phone with regard to the AFT application or my internet settings (I am using isp apn).

I am using cabbage successfully on the same phone and using the same internet settings.

yes it is. Aft isn't working because its server is down

call them again and say this "i would like the internet apn activated on my account". Apn stands for access point name. If the agent doesn't know what you're talking about, tell him to ask some colleagues and if they don't know, ask for it to be escalated to the technical team

I said to them exactly what you told me in your post!!! Still no clue, I asked them to put me through to technical support and was told that they try to help all queries first!! He had me on hold for ages while he asked his colleagues, then came back and told me to go into an O2 shop cause he couldnt help me. Now thats what i call customer service :eek:

i f*cking hate when they do that. All the person in the o2 shop can possibly do is call them for you.

i just remembered there's a dedicated data support number, 1850 601 740. Give them a call. If someone answers that phone and has no idea what you're talking about then they deserve to be sacked

i f*cking hate when they do that. All the person in the o2 shop can possibly do is call them for you.

i just remembered there's a dedicated data support number, 1850 601 740. Give them a call. If someone answers that phone and has no idea what you're talking about then they deserve to be sacked

I rang back in the hope that a more knowledgeable person would answer the phone. She said the internet was activated on my phone and should be working. Helpful. So I asked her to put me through to support and she said she would put me on holde and ask them for me. She came back and said that they said it should be working too. great inormation. IM SO FED UP. Apologies for the ranting!!! Thanks for that, im gonna ring them now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

laoisfan wrote: »

I have posted the exact same issue last week and I'm still having it. AFT wont send a message and cabbage will. AFT had previously been working fine and nothing on my phone changed!!!!

you're right. Nothing on your phone has changed. What's changed is that aft server isn't working. The cabbage server is still working, hence it works and aft doesn't

• Advertisement

You wouldnt believe it but they guy that answered the phone said that if they havent received any training on that type of problem and he couldnt help me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Advertisement