Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Quarrybaby wrote: »
    You wouldnt believe it but they guy that answered the phone said that if they havent received any training on that type of problem and he couldnt help me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

/facepalm

the data access points on o2 are wap.dol.ie and open.internet. That data support guy apparently has no training on anything remotely data related

all i can say is call back and insist that they escalate it to the technical team. If no one on that team knows it's time to go to o2 hq with a flame thrower

also, double and triple check the settings to make sure they're right

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    /facepalm

the data access points on o2 are wap.dol.ie and open.internet. That data support guy apparently has no training on anything remotely data related

all i can say is call back and insist that they escalate it to the technical team. If no one on that team knows it's time to go to o2 hq with a flame thrower

also, double and triple check the settings to make sure they're right

HAHAHA!!!! That was the technical team that I was talking to!!!!!! Gonna go over everything one more time to be sure..... I mean why put these applications on a phone i.e. Opera mini and IM if they cannot be used. Someone somewhere as to be using them successfully on a nokia 7500!!!

jesus tap dancing christ. And o2 are supposed to have good customer service :rolleyes:

tell them to raise a trouble ticket and get a ticket number. There has to be someone working for the company who knows how to switch on the internet on someone's account

as for someone somewhere etc, there is no mystery here. I know exactly what's wrong and exactly how to fix it. The problem is that in order to fix it you have to kick lazy, stupid people up the arse until they do their jobs

that or you entered the settings wrong but that's unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Fixed my problem by deleting the cabbage folder after uninstalling.

No idea what went wrong or why that worked but it just did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Guys, first off thank you very much for taking the time to make these apps! Virtual slap on the back and pint to yourselves.

Got cabbage to work today - it did send the message successfully but said could not connect to server? Any ideas?

N95 on vodafone live apn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

hi guys, i have both a samsung E390 and an E250, when i download the programme it goes to the "other files" folder on my phone, from there i have no option to open it, what am i doing wrong.
    Sorry to be bringing something up that i am sure you have dealt with before but i gotta hold up my hands and say i need help.

voyager :confused:

jesus tap dancing christ. And o2 are supposed to have good customer service :rolleyes:

tell them to raise a trouble ticket and get a ticket number. There has to be someone working for the company who knows how to switch on the internet on someone's account

as for someone somewhere etc, there is no mystery here. I know exactly what's wrong and exactly how to fix it. The problem is that in order to fix it you have to kick lazy, stupid people up the arse until they do their jobs

that or you entered the settings wrong but that's unlikely

Sam I love ye ;) I was going over the setting a million times and checking and double checking and switching the phone on and off (and pulled the letter F key clean off the keyboard in frustration cause it was sticking), and i deleted all i had done and started the whole process again. When i got as far as - GPRS access point: open.internet - 'internet' was already written in there so i decided to leave it as it was and hey presto the ****ing thing worked. Opera mini is working, my email is set up and message sent on cabbage..... Cant explain how happy i am :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I was really gettin pissed off!!

Mind u, it did say message sent on cabbage and i havent actually received the message yet, and that was a good 5 minutes ago but im hoping thats an issue thats out of my hands!!!

Anyway cheers for all the help :)

i must remember that thing about internet versus open.internet. Odd because open.internet works fine on my phone. About the cannot connect to server message, if it told you how many messages you have left then everything on my side worked and o2 just didn't send the message. It sometimes happens, especially with o2. If it happens all the time, report back and i'll see what i can do
    Caliden wrote: »
    Fixed my problem by deleting the cabbage folder after uninstalling.

No idea what went wrong or why that worked but it just did.
    good to hear it :) something must have got corrupted on the phone
    Guys, first off thank you very much for taking the time to make these apps! Virtual slap on the back and pint to yourselves.

Got cabbage to work today - it did send the message successfully but said could not connect to server? Any ideas?

N95 on vodafone live apn

that just happens sometimes due the unreliable nature of webtexts and the unreliable nature of the vodafone live apn. If you use the isp apn for sending texts this problem won't happen. It will cost about 2c to send a text and it's not covered by the 99c a day deal but it's much more reliable
    voyager wrote: »
    hi guys, i have both a samsung E390 and an E250, when i download the programme it goes to the "other files" folder on my phone, from there i have no option to open it, what am i doing wrong.
    Sorry to be bringing something up that i am sure you have dealt with before but i gotta hold up my hands and say i need help.

voyager :confused:

i'm afraid i don't think there's much that can be done about this. Basically your phone isn't recognising the program as a java app so its a problem with your phone. I have a google around and see if anyone's fixed this problem

download the cinema guide app from this site and tell me if it works
    http://damohere.freehostia.com

My cabbage messages are still not delivering even though it says message sent??? Is there an issue with cabbage at the moment or is there still an issue with me lol :o:o

is it telling you how many messages you have left when it says message sent?

• Advertisement

Now that you mention it, its says you have 1 message left every time i send a message even though i've probably about 150!

Now that you mention it, its says you have 1 message left every time i send a message even though i've probably about 150!

right so there's something gone wrong there. are you using exactly the phone number and password you use to log into the website? fill your details for the o2 website into the address below (the values in capitals), stick it in the address bar and see what you get back:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php?u=YOURNUMBER&p=YOURPASSWORD&s=o&d=YOURNUMBER&m=hello

a number should appear on the screen. this is the number of messages you have left. and a mesasage saying hello should arrive on your phone

by the way, you should be entering your number as 08x, not +3538x or any other variant.

are there any special characters in your password? as in characters that aren't numbers or letters, such as a space or any of these:!"£$%^&*()

Hi again guys, maybe if i ask my question a different way, can i get AFT to run on a Samsung E250 or a E390, and if so how. (please)

voyager

Hi again guys, maybe if i ask my question a different way, can i get AFT to run on a Samsung E250 or a E390, and if so how. (please)

voyager

i don't know if you can. for some reason the phone is not recognising AFT as a java app. it's downloading it as if it was a text file. i highly doubt there's anything you can do to make it work and it's unlikely that dal can make it work without one of those phones to test on.

download both of these programs and see if they're recognised as apps:
    http://damohere.freehostia.com/irlcg/IRLCinemaGuide.jar

http://www.hostj2me.com/downloads/1062/5428/eircomWEP.jar

also, try downloading the gmail app:
    http://gmail.com/app

depending on what happens with these programs, i'll know more about what the problem is

right so there's something gone wrong there. are you using exactly the phone number and password you use to log into the website? fill your details for the o2 website into the address below (the values in capitals), stick it in the address bar and see what you get back:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php?u=YOURNUMBER&p=YOURPASSWORD&s=o&d=YOURNUMBER&m=hello

a number should appear on the screen. this is the number of messages you have left. and a mesasage saying hello should arrive on your phone

by the way, you should be entering your number as 08x, not +3538x or any other variant.

are there any special characters in your password? as in characters that aren't numbers or letters, such as a space or any of these:!"£$%^&*()

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php?u=086*******=*******=o&d=086*******=hello

That is how i typed it, in caps into the address bar and i got a blank page and no hello text. I have definately put in the correct number and password and there are no special characters in my password. When logging into cabbage should my password be in caps??

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php?u=086*******=*******=o&d=086*******=hello

That is how i typed it, in caps into the address bar and i got a blank page and no hello text. I have definately put in the correct number and password and there are no special characters in my password. When logging into cabbage should my password be in caps??

you've made some mistakes there. this is how it should look:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php?u=086*******&p=*******&s=o&d=086*******&m=hello

just replace the stars

your password shouldn't be in caps. i only put it in caps in the address to make it more obvious which parts you needed to change

i don't know if you can. for some reason the phone is not recognising AFT as a java app. it's downloading it as if it was a text file. i highly doubt there's anything you can do to make it work and it's unlikely that dal can make it work without one of those phones to test on.

download both of these programs and see if they're recognised as apps:
    http://damohere.freehostia.com/irlcg/IRLCinemaGuide.jar

http://www.hostj2me.com/downloads/1062/5428/eircomWEP.jar

also, try downloading the gmail app:
    http://gmail.com/app

depending on what happens with these programs, i'll know more about what the problem is

as well as downloading those, try to get the cinema guide app by going to this address:
    http://damohere.freehostia.com/irlcg/IRLCinemaGuide.jad

note the jad at the end instead of jar.

if you can, download both the jad and the jar to a computer and copy them over to your phone and click on the jad on the phone

you've made some mistakes there. this is how it should look:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php?u=086*******&p=*******&s=o&d=086*******&m=hello

just replace the stars

your password shouldn't be in caps. i only put it in caps in the address to make it more obvious which parts you needed to change

And i'm not even blonde :o
    200 messages left and a hello text! So does that mean i've entered something wrong on my phone??

And i'm not even blonde :o
    200 messages left and a hello text! So does that mean i've entered something wrong on my phone??

not necessarily but it makes it more likely. you may have got confused by the login name thing. the login name can be whatever you want. the important bits are the phone number, password and network. did you select o2?

do you have any other logins you could try?

Hi Sam Vimes, tried gmail with no luck, guess i will have to stay as i am until i change phone.
    thanks anyway,

voyager:cool:

• Advertisement

Hi Sam Vimes, tried gmail with no luck, guess i will have to stay as i am until i change phone.
    thanks anyway,

voyager:cool:

it's not time to give up yet. firstly, you didn't say if you did any of the other things i suggested. did you do them?

secondly, this seems to be a common problem as you can see here:
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=samsung+e250+install+java&btnG=Search&meta=

one of those sites suggests that this might work for installing the app over bluetooth:

Quote:
    1) Type in the code *#9998*52824678255# (which reads *#9998*JAVAINSTALL# )
    2) Your phone should return with 'Activated'
    3) Now using Bluetooth or USB cable, connect to your phone (IR probably works too)
    4) If you have a game as .jar, but don't have a .jad file, use JadMaker to create one (draw the .jar file to it and it will generate a .jad file for you).
    5) Copy the .jar AND .jad file of the game into the map called "Other Documents" on your phone.
    6) Now on your phone under 'My Files' browse to the 'Other Documents' map and doubleclick on the just copied .jad file.
    7) The phone will ask you if you want to Install the game.
    8) After Install you will find the game under Games on your phone.
    9) You can now remove the just copied .jar and .jad file again (they were only there to install the game onto your phone).

not necessarily but it makes it more likely. you may have got confused by the login name thing. the login name can be whatever you want. the important bits are the phone number, password and network. did you select o2?

do you have any other logins you could try?

The phone's going back to expansys :mad: :mad:
    Today I keep getting a 'sim registration failed' message every so often, and all of a sudden my wap is not connecting, whereas it was last night and i havent changed any settings :mad: yet im still getting charged as if i was connected :mad: :mad:

So my cabbage problems must be down to a dodgy phone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

can someone please tell me if aft is back working as i can download the app but i can't get it to send messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Hi Sam great prog.

I tried logging on to the meteor site to send a free web text and after 3 attempts it locked me out, using my regular logins.

Contacted them regarding this and other than telling me to wait half an hour to try logging on again (Its over 2 hours now and still can't log in)

They told me the site is crawling due to the number of people signing up to the new offer????

Is Cabbage or AFT working for anyone on Meteor?

Could be a prob with their site.

Thanks again.

Sharp wrote: »
    Hi Sam great prog.
    just to let you know, i didn't make AFT, dal did. i just have no life so i'm here more often when people have problems :D
    I tried logging on to the meteor site to send a free web text and after 3 attempts it locked me out, using my regular logins.

Contacted them regarding this and other than telling me to wait half an hour to try logging on again (Its over 2 hours now and still can't log in)
    with the meteor site, if you enter your pin wrong too many times, when you try to log in again an image pops up and you have to enter the text in it before you can log in. so AFT or cabbage won't work until you go to the site and fill in the text from the image
    Is Cabbage or AFT working for anyone on Meteor?

cabbage is working. aft is having problems unrelated to the meteor website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

just to let you know, i didn't make AFT, dal did. i just have no life so i'm here more often when people have problems :D

Well cabbage is a great little prog.

cabbage is working. aft is having problems unrelated to the meteor website

I'll probably get a slap for this :o. Cabbage is working now :), What was wrong ?

Well I got one of the new Meteor 3G sims and of course it has a completely different pin code. Changed the pin in the cabbage login and working fine.

Thanks for the swift reply.

Sometimes its not a hardware/software problem. :o

Thanks Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭The Kid

Well I got one of the new Meteor 3G sims

Hi Sharp - I know this is not an AFT related question, but could you point me to somewhere I can learn more about "Meteor 3G sims"? I hadn't realised that Meteor had any 3G capabilities at all...

The Kid wrote: »
    Hi Sharp - I know this is not an AFT related question, but could you point me to somewhere I can learn more about "Meteor 3G sims"? I hadn't realised that Meteor had any 3G capabilities at all...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055322150

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I want to send web texts via AFT (or Cabbage) on a phone which does not support Java midlets. I remember there was a simple web form you could use before, does it still work? I know there is this script

you can use, and just enter the commands in the URL, but I do not know how to turn that into a web form with post function. Any advice?

• Advertisement

it still works. you can find it at:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/newlogin.htm

or

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/login.htm

if you've already made a login

Advertisement