Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    it still works. you can find it at:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/newlogin.htm

or

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/login.htm

if you've already made a login

Ah, sweet! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭The Kid

Deadly stuff Commander! I just bought a coll Nokia N95 8GB from them last week (a snip at 99 Euros and they'll do it for 49 for dudes on the top tarrifs!). And here was me thinking that I'd have to live without 3G access. I'll be popping into the Meteor shop on Monday to sing up. Cheers for the update folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the trial at the moment is only for pre pay so if you just signed up to bill pay you're not eligible i'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi sam, i know you didn't create this app but do you know when it will be back up and running? What exactly is the problem?

Hi sam, i know you didn't create this app but do you know when it will be back up and running? What exactly is the problem?

i don't know. dal said there was a denial os service attack on his site and they suspended his account.

the site seems to be back up but the script still isn't working. on my pc it just keeps loading so it's there but it's not responding.

dal would be a better person to ask tbh

edit: it eventually returned an error. the script is misconfigured

• Advertisement

I suppose i can live without it for another while! still got cabbage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Anybody having trouble getting this working these days? Im with o2 and everytime i try to send a text its says 'there was a problem sending your message'. Pretty annoying.:mad:

Anybody having trouble getting this working these days? Im with o2 and everytime i try to send a text its says 'there was a problem sending your message'. Pretty annoying.:mad:

the answer to your question is two posts above yours

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Dal, any idea when this is coming back ? I miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

beerbaron wrote: »
    Dal, any idea when this is coming back ? I miss it :(

eh?

why don't you use cabbage?

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/index.php

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.3.jar

cabbage is derived from aft source (but sam vines will correct me if i am wrong)

• Advertisement

laoisfan wrote: »
    cabbage is derived from aft source (but sam vines will correct me if i am wrong)
    nope, made it from scratch. it just ended up with a similar menu structure because AFT's structure is very good and i saw no reason to change it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

nope, made it from scratch. it just ended up with a similar menu structure because AFT's structure is very good and i saw no reason to change it

ah ok...my bad.

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

"Cabbage_Mobile_1.3.jar" is it works on nokia 6300??
    i m getting this error
    RuntimeJava/lang/RuntimeException cannot open store
    reason Javax.microedition.rms.RecordSoreEception.error
    am i missing something here??????

that shouldn't be happening. Not a very helpful comment i know

try uninstalling the program and installing it again. When you installed it, did you enter a login? Did you know what to enter?

at what point do you get the error?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Would it be possible to get an admin or a mod to edit the first post to reflect the change in program. The thread is too long to find anything in it. I must be subscribed to it for nearly 2 years I think.

it's not a change in program. Aft is having temporary problems so laoisfan suggested he try an alternative but aft isn't dead. Dal pmed me only last night telling me that it was a bug in my script (that he uses since he got rid of his old asp server and needed a php version of the code) was most likely what caused his new site to crash

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

AFT should be back up and running as of last night.

just copy file to mobile (storage card) and then open it and get error, i thought its file problem the i copied same file to another mobile (Nokia 6233) works fine so i thought is not compatible with 6300. i remove file download again copy again but same error.

that shouldn't be happening. Not a very helpful comment i know

try uninstalling the program and installing it again. When you installed it, did you enter a login? Did you know what to enter?

at what point do you get the error?

wasim21k wrote: »
    just copy file to mobile (storage card) and then open it and get error, i thought its file problem the i copied same file to another mobile (Nokia 6233) works fine so i thought is not compatible with 6300. i remove file download again copy again but same error.

instead of copying it to the card, try downloading it directly to the phone from the internet. it is compatible with the 6300 unless you have a buggy version of the firmware

Is aft back working for anyone. Just checked it there and still says problem sending message.

• Advertisement

well what every buggy version of firmware i have on 6300 came with nokia, but man i have to say its really nice work,
    instead of copying it to the card, try downloading it directly to the phone from the internet. it is compatible with the 6300 unless you have a buggy version of the firmware

wasim21k wrote: »
    well what every buggy version of firmware i have on 6300 came with nokia, but man i have to say its really nice work,

so did downloading it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

Hey all.I get a message "page cannot be displayed" when trying to download cabbage file for the umpteenth time on my sharp ( vodafone ). I have put in address correctly and all that and have downloaded java games before so i know my phone is compatible.

Does anyone know what I have to do to change?:o:confused:

the address is http://cabaal.org/cabbage/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.3.jar

it's case sensitive so you need the capitals in Cabbage and Mobile. Don't put www in. Type the address exactly as it is above

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

Nah it doesn't work on the sharp phone for love nor money.It's working on my new phone so thats all that counts thanks:)

dal wrote: »
    AFT should be back up and running as of last night.

Its still not working for me. I'm not alone am i?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Is cabbage working?

I keep getting "could not connect to network site"

My o2 webtexts are working perfectly

It was working fine yesterday for me :confused:

cupthehand wrote: »
    Is cabbage working?

I keep getting "could not connect to network site"

My o2 webtexts are working perfectly

It was working fine yesterday for me :confused:

take a look here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56705574&postcount=769

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Cabbage back working for me anyway on O2 from late last nite :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know if the recent O2 website upgrade has affected AFT in any way?

Advertisement