Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it would have yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So does AFT still work for anyone else or is it just me?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So does AFT still work for anyone else or is it just me?
    does not work for me on meteor but cabbage mobile works perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Whats Cabbage mobile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 donna1966

downloaded cabbage mobil on my samsung sgh-f700v but cant get it to work can anyone help pleast donna1966

donna1966 wrote: »
    downloaded cabbage mobil on my samsung sgh-f700v but cant get it to work can anyone help pleast donna1966

having done a bit of googling it seems that installing programs on a samsung isn't as simple as clicking the file. Apparently you have to bring up a special install menu by typing a sequence of keys as if you're typing a phone number. It's something like *52824678255# (which means *JAVAINSTALL#}. And then you have to enter a code i can't remember

it's been a few weeks since i looked this up so i can't remember exactly what it said to be honest. Have a look in your manual and see what it says about installing programs. I'll download the manual tomorrow and take a look too

• Registered Users Posts: 2 donna1966

ok thanks sam i have a go at it again

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Anybody else having trouble with cabbage mobile? I keep getting the error "Unexpected response format". Im with vodafone & using cabbage mobile version 1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

brock92 wrote: »
    Anybody else having trouble with cabbage mobile? I keep getting the error "Unexpected response format". Im with vodafone & using cabbage mobile version 1.3

Please ignore this error......... Vodafone site was down also when tried to login.... back working now.

Love the cabbage Desktop & mobile programs Sam

Keep u the good work.... thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭davehey79

http://jsmsirl.sourceforge.net/JSMS/JSMS.html is similar but has a MAC app too which couldnt find for Cabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭The Kid

davehey79 wrote: »
    http://jsmsirl.sourceforge.net/JSMS/JSMS.html is similar but has a MAC app too which couldnt find for Cabbage

Cheers for the plug Dave!

But seeing as this is an AFT thread, I should just clarify that JSMS doesn't quite do what AFT (or cabbage mobile) does - in that it doesn't run on a mobile phone. JSMS only runs on a PC but will run on any operating system including Mac, Linux and Windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Searcher

Nice programs. Very helpfull. Thank you.! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

Is a new version of AFT available which takes account of recent changes to Meteor's website? Does the Killarneyonline.eu link up to date still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

As far as i know aft isn't working at the moment and hasn't been for over a month now. Not sure about that link but i just downloaded the most recent version from http://www.dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar and when i tried to send a message it instantly gave me the message "There was a problem sending your message". Just use cabbage or gprsms for now, there both working. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Will AFT work from an English sim card?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Yes it will. As long as your internet connection on the phone is working it doesn't matter what SIM you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I've been on holiday to France and Italy in the last couple of weeks and Cabbage mobile worked a charm. 2c pet text in France and 1c in Italy. Roaming texts with Meteor would have cost 39c!!!!!
    Excellent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i've finished the latest update but i haven't got around to uploading the code yet. I've found a problem on the sony ericsson c902 that it just doesn't seem to send but it works on other phones so i.ill upload the code tomorrow. I'm posting from the toilet in eamonn dorans at the moment (thank you meteor free data) but i'll do it at some point tomorrow

@Sam, and update on the getting a fix for the C902?

Recently changed to the C902 and lived on AFT on my old phone.

i'm afraid not. I don't have one to test on so i've no way to fix the problem. I found that the problem with the other one i say wasn't that it wouldn't send, it would just stay on the screen where you enter the number and not report whether it sent or not. Is that the same thing that happens to you

i could try a load of different things and get you to download them all and see if they work if you'd be willing but i don't know when i'll get the chance to do it because i'll be very busy over the next while

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ya the number just stays on the screen and you get no confirmation of message sent and the message does not send as I have checked with the people I was trying to send it too.

I'll be your guinea pig no problem. :D

I can pm you my email address if it makes it any easier for you to send instructions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

@sam vimes: just a quick thank you for the cabbage app - working flawlessly on E51 (even better than AFT (:eek:) since the default is 800) ;]

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kingdsofmuff

jkforde wrote: »
    @sam vimes: just a quick thank you for the cabbage app - working flawlessly on E51 (even better than AFT (:eek:) since the default is 800) ;]

guys cabbage aint working. AFT dead. Gotext dead (http://www.gotext.org/waitingnew/).

anyhting else for us?

cabbage is working fine for me. What network are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Keith186

guys cabbage aint working. AFT dead. Gotext dead (http://www.gotext.org/waitingnew/).

anyhting else for us?

My Cabbage is fine to. Wasn't working over weekend as O2 was upgrading network but they haven't blocked it.

just tested on all 3 networks. It's working fine :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kingdsofmuff

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    just tested on all 3 networks. It's working fine :confused:

I'm on O2. I keep getting a message saying "number is blank" when ever i try to send a message :(:confused:

got a new copy and it now makes my phone free up :S

And randomly works :D

Oh and GOTEXT that i mentioned in my previous post now works again! :)
    http://www.gotext.org/index.wml

:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

a friend just asked me to send on the cabbage url - I have it installed on my phone

what url for cabbage do I send -- ??

Thx

K

I'm on O2. I keep getting a message saying "number is blank" when ever i try to send a message :(:confused:

got a new copy and it now makes my phone free up :S

And randomly works :D

Oh and GOTEXT that i mentioned in my previous post now works again! :)
    http://www.gotext.org/index.wml

:)

that's odd. what type of phone do you have? does the whole phone freeze up or just the program?

what url are you using for the program? the correct url is:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.3.jar

and in answer to karltimber, that's the url :)

the capitals in Cabbage and Mobile are important, cabbage_mobile_1.3 won't work

• Advertisement

Any progress on the C902 issue Sam?

Advertisement