Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kingdsofmuff

Guys i have cabbage...
    every time i try to send a message i get the "cannot connect to server" message... :(

Also AFT just won't install anymore.
    invalid application everytime.

gotext servers are down too :(

I have a nokia3310c, all programs used to work fine :S

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

Just double checked again and Cabbage is cookin' for me!

AFT is still not right so I will take the Microsoft approach and uninstall & reinstall the App again. I'm beginning to suspect the WAP settings!

/A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Guys i have cabbage...
    every time i try to send a message i get the "cannot connect to server" message... :(
    What phone do you have and what network are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Just after using my AFT there and realised that each message I send through it is costing me 10c. Does anybody know why? I've went over my 250 message quota but is that the problem because i've been over it before and there was'nt a problem or is it costing me because I'm on the net too long?

Thanks.

I've went over my 250 message quota but is that the problem

yes that's the problem. i heard something about it previously being free but not anymore since they upgraded the website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    yes that's the problem. i heard something about it previously being free but not anymore since they upgraded the website

Aww right, thats a bit rubbish.:mad: oh well.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Still working out at 1cent per text for me. With 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kingdsofmuff

AFT still won't even install - used to work fine before.
    Cabbage - "Can't connect to server" and "unexpected format returned"
    GOTEXT - "o2 website error"

network - O2
    phone - nokia3310C

you guys got any ideas?
    Oh I also manged a new record! 7months without a top up! This is made of WIN right?:cool:

Also I seem to remember reading that O2 are going to deduct 10cent from your credit if you go over the 250msg quota. It's on the site somewhere, the neew layout is a b...h :(

Cabbage - "Can't connect to server" and "unexpected format returned"
    if you check my thread you'll see my hosting has suspended my service because of periodically crashing their server due to over use. i don't know if it's someone messing with it or if it's just that popular :D either way i'm working on it
    GOTEXT - "o2 website error"
    never heard of it

Oh I also manged a new record! 7months without a top up! This is made of WIN right?:cool:
    great to hear it :D definitely win
    Also I seem to remember reading that O2 are going to deduct 10cent from your credit if you go over the 250msg quota. It's on the site somewhere, the neew layout is a b...h :(
    indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

Does anyone have the latest address for downloading AFT? Changed my phone so am trying to get it on my new phone but cant find the latest link....it's a big thread!!!! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dabatter

This is the absolute business, saving a small fortune in the process, bring it on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Sam Vimes,

Is BART still working? The DART times part doesn't seem to be working. The bus times are working fine.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it doesn't give an error, it just hangs on "Please wait..."
    AFT working fine.

Hi Sam Vimes,

Is BART still working? The DART times part doesn't seem to be working. The bus times are working fine.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it doesn't give an error, it just hangs on "Please wait..."
    AFT working fine.

The dart part doesn't seem to be working. I'll take a look at it.

I'd prefer if you put requests to me in one of my threads btw, here's the bart thread:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287567

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thanks Sam. Didn't realise there was a BART thread. My bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Just a question, with o2's new web texts allowing messages greater than the 160 characters to be sent as 1 text, in aft would these be sent as 2 seperate messages or as one?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Just a question, with o2's new web texts allowing messages greater than the 160 characters to be sent as 1 text, in aft would these be sent as 2 seperate messages or as one?

I didn't even know that o2 now allowed messages greater than 160 chars (I don't live in ireland any more). Do you know if they are recieved as two texts or one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

dal wrote: »
    I didn't even know that o2 now allowed messages greater than 160 chars (I don't live in ireland any more). Do you know if they are recieved as two texts or one?
    It's received as one big text .. like when you send a text over 160 characters on your phone .

Hi dal, if you still have my o2 script and have it updated then it sends all 1000 chars in one message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Does this still work for O2? havent used it since i changes phones over a year ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Scruff wrote: »
    Does this still work for O2? havent used it since i changes phones over a year ago..

It still works, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭zainabc

iv tried to download the app but it keeps sayin to me msg cannot be sent as this time im trying to use it on samsung tocco any help appriciated thnx

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

zainabc wrote: »
    iv tried to download the app but it keeps sayin to me msg cannot be sent as this time im trying to use it on samsung tocco any help appriciated thnx
    Same here. Just got a Nokia 5800 and it gives me the same message. Worked fine with my N95 8GB. Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Hi all.

Can someone point me in the direction to a link for AFT..? Just joined, and the kilarneyonline link in the original post (from 2006! :) doesn't help.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

Can't help you much with AFT link but there is another prograame caleed "Cabbage". try that.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165333

AFT is available here:

http://dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar

sbhatia, Sam, thank you for the quick replies.

Just installed v1.7 of Cabbage Mobile and it's working fine so far (good work Sam). Had tried earlier versions, but was seeing "cannot connect to server" quite a lot, even though the desktop version was working fine at the same time (probably something to do with my Nokia 6233 and O2, any ideas Sam..?).

Am Speakeasy, and send practically all my 250 monthly online texts to international numbers, so was planning to have AFT available if Cabbage failed. So far so good, may not need that now :)

Regards,
    CaSCaDe711

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »

Just installed v1.7 of Cabbage Mobile and it's working fine so far (good work Sam). Had tried earlier versions, but was seeing "cannot connect to server" quite a lot, even though the desktop version was working fine at the same time (probably something to do with my Nokia 6233 and O2, any ideas Sam..?).
    Try this:
    settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: O2 internet
    go into access point settings
    data bearer: gprs (or packet data)
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point: open.internet or internet (try both)
    authentication type: normal
    username: blank
    password: blank

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings
    highlight O2 internet and press options->activate

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

Am Speakeasy, and send practically all my 250 monthly online texts to international numbers, so was planning to have AFT available if Cabbage failed. So far so good, may not need that now :)

Regards,
    CaSCaDe711

Pretty much any time that cabbage would stop working but AFT would still work it would be because my server is down but with cabbage you can change the server by pressing options->accounts->options edit server. There's a script at http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php (Random's website) and I'm sure there's a few dotted around the place that are still working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Regards,
    CaSCaDe711

v1.7 :confused: Where did you get this?

cupthehand wrote: »
    v1.7 :confused: Where did you get this?

Don't worry about it ;)

I just released it to fix a bug for someone on the 6300. If you don't have one there's no need to download it

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info Sam, very helpful and much appreciated. Haven't seen the "cannot connect to server" error since installing the new version yesterday, but still went ahead this morning and changed the configuration settings per your message.

Regards,
    CaSCaDe711

Advertisement