Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Aquos76 wrote:
    Ok so thats my problem, I need to transfer it to the handset using a cable rather that bluetooth.

Ok now to find a data cable for the 6230i...

Thanks

If you don't have cable why don't you just Menu>>Web>>Download Links>>App Downloads>>Options>>New Download Link>>create a bookmark www.killarney......, then go to Web>>settings>>Configuration settings>>Account. For Vodafone select Vodafone, not Vf live, for Meteor select Meteor ISP. not Meteor WAP GPRS, for O2, select Value Prepay and not O2 wap.

Then select the bookmark you've created earlier and go to - all the rest is automatic. The above web settings are the ones you'll need for the app to work anyway. It will cost very little to download as it's only 8Kb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

Anybody else getting "File format not supported"?
    Nokia 6230i
    V 03.30 21-04-05

EDIT : Just read the thread, I see people are havin issues with the 6230i....lookin forward to gettin it working. :D

fletch wrote:
    Anybody else getting "File format not supported"?
    Nokia 6230i
    V 03.30 21-04-05

EDIT : Just read the thread, I see people are havin issues with the 6230i....lookin forward to gettin it working. :D

AFAIK Nokia have 24 month warranty. If you call to service centre and tell them your phone is acting up, they should flash your phone to version 3.81.

As I've already said the app is working very well for me on a version 3.80

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

try downloading

http://computer.donutsoft.net/aft.jad

Tell me if that works. Could just be that the 6230i expects a jad file aswell as a jar.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

yapyap wrote:
    If you don't have cable why don't you just Menu>>Web>>Download Links>>App Downloads>>Options>>New Download Link>>create a bookmark www.killarney......, then go to Web>>settings>>Configuration settings>>Account. For Vodafone select Vodafone, not Vf live, for Meteor select Meteor ISP. not Meteor WAP GPRS, for O2, select Value Prepay and not O2 wap.

Then select the bookmark you've created earlier and go to - all the rest is automatic. The above web settings are the ones you'll need for the app to work anyway. It will cost very little to download as it's only 8Kb

Thanks alot for taking the time to reply. I eventually got it installed using the IR connection on laptop and phone. However now I am getting a HTTP operation error. I have downloaded all the meteor settings including isp settings from the Nokia site, but still no joy.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote:
    Thanks alot for taking the time to reply. I eventually got it installed using the IR connection on laptop and phone. However now I am getting a HTTP operation error. I have downloaded all the meteor settings including isp settings from the Nokia site, but still no joy.

Now ensure the settings in Web are correct as above. By default the Nokia settings make Meteor WAP GPRS the default. If that doesn't work you need to call Meteor at 1905 and ask them to enable ISP as you want to connect your phone to a laptop to access the internet

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

yapyap wrote:
    If that doesn't work you need to call Meteor at 1905 and ask them to enable ISP as you want to connect your phone to a laptop to access the internet

Yeah, that part is done after about 6 calls over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

we desperately need a site to organise the wealth of information over the last 10 pages. Remember if meteor mentions anything about a hack, be completely ignorant about it. They have no way of knowing if you have legitimate needs for it or not even if requests has spiked over the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Here, long overdue, is a midp 1.0 version of AFT (for older phones).

http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/midp1/aft.jar

Can someone let me if this works on their (midp 1.0 only) phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 robbieastewart

Hey, has anyone got this workin on a Samsung D600 on the vodafone network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

yapyap wrote:
    Cheers Karsini

For other novices, attached is how the working settings look

Have you got anything like that for meteor - Im on a Motorola V3 and im really excited about getting AFT working on my phone but so far no joy and im not really any good with interent settings - Thanks

damo86 wrote:
    doesnt work on my xda mini s either,just says invailid application,gprsms seems to work though?any ideas?

@mods what happened to previous post,its gone,its happened to other threads aswell?

How do you get gprsms - I understand that the creater intends to charge for it and all which i think is rubbish but i would just like to try it out so i know one way or another if my motorola v3 can use these apps or not - But just to be clear i am loyal to AFT all the way:)

dal wrote:
    >>Thirdfox
    Unfortunately, meteor don´t support international webtexts

>>thegame
    This is definitely to do with your phone settings. Check the sticky in this forum and there is a way to get your gprs setting sent to your phone. I have a k750i so I know that it works for sure.

>> sharkman
    What exactly doesn´t work for you? Is it the same problem as ciaraninfos?

>> Ciaraninfo
    That really is a strange problem. It sounds like a bug in the phone rather than AFT to be honest. But I will look into it.

All requested features (saving texts, showing names in recent numbers, split texts, etc) will be implemented in time. Vodafone support should hopefully not be too far away.

Keep the feedback coming guys, it lets us (webmonkey, donutface and I) know that there is an interest and that this is worth further development for you.

I am away until next week, so I won´t be able to do any development until my return.

Sorry i am posting one after the other but im a night worker so im only catching up with the thread just now -
    >>thegame
    This is definitely to do with your phone settings. Check the sticky in this forum and there is a way to get your gprs setting sent to your phone. I have a k750i so I know that it works for sure - - - What do you mean by check the sticky - sorry but im clueless - thanks:)

donutface wrote:
    id say the easiest way to get rid of all this hassle with having to sign up with an internet access point is for DAL to rewrite the java client so that it creates a socket connection to the GPRS proxy and does a HTTP GET request to the actual destination site.

Its possible and then no one would have to ask for the internet APN, for meteor it does mean higher costs though (2c/sms instead of 1c).

Can it be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

dal wrote:
    Here, long overdue, is a midp 1.0 version of AFT (for older phones).

Can someone let me if this works on their (midp 1.0 only) phone?

Thanks for this!! So this can be used on phones where you cannot connect via ISP GPRS, only WAP GPRS, like 3220?

flodis79 wrote:
    Thanks for this!! So this can be used on phones where you cannot connect via ISP GPRS, only WAP GPRS, like 3220?

No, but I will have a go at trying to sort this problem out.

:) Your some kid - Were all holding our breath waiting for your big break through - best of luck. In the meantime im going to try meteor again to see if they will enable full access for me so i can "connect my phone to my laptop" :)

Got it installed on my 6230i by just browsing to the .jar file and then it went into collections. However it keeps saying Subscribe to GPRS first?
    Is this because Meteor are blocking the service? If so I'm moving to O2...I don't really want to because I've been with them since they started but if they have blocked it, no questions, I'm gone.

fletch wrote:
    Got it installed on my 6230i by just browsing to the .jar file and then it went into collections. However it keeps saying Subscribe to GPRS first?
    Is this because Meteor are blocking the service? If so I'm moving to O2...I don't really want to because I've been with them since they started but if they have blocked it, no questions, I'm gone.

I got to agree with you - ive been with them since they started up also and been on contract with them for the last two years now but my contract is up very soon and if its a case that they are atempting to block AFT then they can go to hell:mad:

I got to agree with you - ive been with them since they started up also and been on contract with them for the last two years now but my contract is up very soon and if its a case that they are atempting to block AFT then they can go to hell:mad:

They can't block AFT per se, so I am sure that is not the problem that you are seeing fletch. More likely, your phone is not configured properly, I believe others have had this problem with meteor.

• Advertisement

dal wrote:
    They can't block AFT per se, so I am sure that is not the problem that you are seeing fletch. More likely, your phone is not configured properly, I believe others have had this problem with meteor.
    Hmm yeh...it's weird though because I was able to download the app using WAP so my settings for GPRS should be okay surely?
    I know they can't block AFT as an application but can they block access to the OP's site? But then that doesn't add up since I was able to browse to it on my phone.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

hi,

i was wondering could someone help me, when i go to send the message, it seems to send fine but at the very end it says "message sent, you have nullERROR messages left"

please help

Have you got anything like that for meteor - Im on a Motorola V3 and im really excited about getting AFT working on my phone but so far no joy and im not really any good with interent settings - Thanks

Here you go, the homepage could be left blank if you want

fletch wrote:
    Hmm yeh...it's weird though because I was able to download the app using WAP so my settings for GPRS should be okay surely?
    I know they can't block AFT as an application but can they block access to the OP's site? But then that doesn't add up since I was able to browse to it on my phone.... :

Please check all your settings first

1 Go to Menu>>Settings>>Configuration>>Default Configuration Settings and delete if any settings for any other operator on your phone.

2 Then Go to Menu>>Web>>Settings>>Configuration Settings>>Configuration and ensure that for Vf, O2 Speakeasy or Meteor it shows either Vf ISP, Value Prepay or Meteor ISP respectively.

3 Then Go to Menu>>Web>>Settings>>Configuration Settings>>Account and ensure that for Vf, O2 Speakeasy or Meteor it shows Vodafone, Value Prepay or Meteor ISP respectively.

4 Then Go to Menu>>Settings>>Configuration>>Preferred Access Point>> and check that either Vf ISP, Value Prepay or Meteor ISP is selected depending on your network

This procedure applies to most wap enabled Nokias that I'm aware of.

Then if you are 100% sure your settings are correct check that the Login details are correct in AFT.
    Check that for username you are entering in number mode
    Check that for your password you are entering in correct text / number mode and for capitals / small letters
    Check that you have selected the correct operator

Then write your text and enter number initially as 08XXXXXXXX. When you're sure it's working you can play around with 3538 +3538 003538 - whatever takes your fancy and works for you.

You are asked to allow network access

If you cannot connect and a have double checked all of the above settings, contact Customer Services to enable your account. In order to enable you must already be registered with your operator.

If you want to browse pages for free on Vodafone Live, O2 Active or Meteor WAP, you must activate the Vf Live!, O2 WAP Pre pay or Meteor WAP GPRS Accounts at 3 above

joe316 wrote:
    hi,

i was wondering could someone help me, when i go to send the message, it seems to send fine but at the very end it says "message sent, you have nullERROR messages left"

please help
    Checked all my settings and everything seems to be in order now and the "Subscribe to GPRS" message does not show...however I am getting this error below
    Message Sent. You have Error in HTTP operationERROR messages left
    Note: The message does not send.............

fletch wrote:
    Checked all my settings and everything seems to be in order now and the "Subscribe to GPRS" message does not show...however I am getting this error below
    Message Sent. You have Error in HTTP operationERROR messages left
    Note: The message does not send.............

I have just managed to emulate your error.

See No 4 in my post above for preferred access point. You need to select a preferred access point ie Vf ISP or Value Prepay or Meteor ISP

Have you tried sending a text to your own phone to see if text is sent? Yes
    Have you logged onto your personal web text page on your operators site to check that it's working and that you can send texts from there?Yes
    Have you checked that you have web texts remaining this month?Yes
    Have you deleted application and reinstalled from the download site?No
    Do you try to end application prematurely?No....going to do that now.
    Are yoi in a good coverage area?In Dublin
    Are you sure it is AFT you have installed as I was getting similar messages from the other app MurphSMS? :-) 100% sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

My phone says application not supported when I try to download this, anyone know why? (its a nokia 6610i)

fletch wrote:
    Have you deleted application and reinstalled from the download site?No
    I just did this an am getting the same issue

• Advertisement

dcarroll wrote:
    My phone says application not supported when I try to download this, anyone know why? (its a nokia 6610i)

6610i is midp 1.0. Did you try to download the midp 1.0 version that I posted last night?

Give it a go and tell me if it works.

Advertisement