Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

dal wrote:
    1. I don't think that meteor support foreign numbers in their webtexts (this is actually the reason I moved to O2).
    2. Username is your phone number (which should be what you use to log on to send webtexts on the o2 site). Make sure you are entering the password correctly. What error do you get?

Ok using the number and web password, comes up saying sending message and then straight away goes to say "There was a problem sending your message1"

Any ideas? rang O2 and got them to walk me thru the GPRS setting and got it activated so I have no probs connecting onto the web with the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Big Nelly wrote:
    Ok using the number and web password, comes up saying sending message and then straight away goes to say "There was a problem sending your message1"

Any ideas? rang O2 and got them to walk me thru the GPRS setting and got it activated so I have no probs connecting onto the web with the phone

I know taht there were definitely problems earlier with the O2 site, what kind of phone is it and can you see that it is connecting to the web (like a globe or something appears at the top)?

dal wrote:
    I know taht there were definitely problems earlier with the O2 site, what kind of phone is it and can you see that it is connecting to the web (like a globe or something appears at the top)?

OK checked username and password and works on Multitext so thats not the prob, its a 6021 phone, in the left hand cornor is a small cube with one square black, but this is the same on my meteor for which it is working on, as soon as you try to send it, straight away it comes up with error, all software has been downloaded form O2, but I heard mention before of the prefered access point? will this affect it because it is blank and I dont know how to set it up?

Ok fixed it myself, found out when you downloaded the setting from O2 I always had to accept twice, looked into this and the second setting that was being set was actually for O2 WAP GPRS and this would take over as default meaning that the correct one O2 GPRS wasnt being used, checked around abit and even the stuff I went thru with the young one was wrong because it didnt set the MMS setting, went in and changed the Default Configuration settings to O2 GPRS, set a message and working, deleted the rest of the items in there and flying:D

Big Nelly wrote:
    Ok fixed it myself, found out when you downloaded the setting from O2 I always had to accept twice, looked into this and the second setting that was being set was actually for O2 WAP GPRS and this would take over as default meaning that the correct one O2 GPRS wasnt being used, checked around abit and even the stuff I went thru with the young one was wrong because it didnt set the MMS setting, went in and changed the Default Configuration settings to O2 GPRS, set a message and working, deleted the rest of the items in there and flying:D
    Brilliant news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

fletch wrote:
    Hey yapyap, I really appreciate all your help but once again it's not working. I followed your steps to a tee but again, I get the "Subscribe to GPRS first" message followed by "Message sent. You have Error in HTTP operationERROR messages left", however the recipient never receives the message.
    Oh and I have 256 messages left this month.

If this doesn't work throw the phone away
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054990654

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TheBatman

yapyap wrote:
    account should be set to "Vodafone"

Access Point should be set to "Vf ISP"

Nope tried that. Still no joy. Thanks though

Keeps saying "suscribe to packet data first."

TheBatman wrote:

Read this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054990654

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Anyone else having that K800i problem? The application not letting you type 0861234567 and instead just letting you type 861234567 (note the missing 0).

As far as I can see it's a phone problem (tried both versions of the java app) - but I'd like to confirm?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

yapyap wrote:
    If this doesn't work throw the phone away
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054990654
    Looks like I'll be throwin the phone out so! :D
    yapyap wrote:
    Step 3 Configure Web Settings

Some users would like the choice of using either
    Meteor WAP GPRS to access the Meteor homepage or
    Meteor ISP to access other pages on the web or to use chat programmes or to use their handset to connect a PC / laptop to the web.

The default setting is the first one so if you want to change here's how

A) Select menu > web > settings > configuration settings > configuration should be left as "default"

B) Select menu > web > settings ? configuration settings > Account > scroll to "Meteor ISP" > select > end call key to get back to standby mode
    When I set my Account to Meteor WAP GPRS, I can connect to the net and external sites, such as the nokia site mentioned earlier.
    When I set my Account to Meteor ISP, I can't even access the Meteor website. Getting the "Subscribe to GPRS first"
    In both instances, the AFT app produces the "Subscribe to GPRS first" message. 4 calls to Meteor today and the conflicting information I have gotten has been shocking. The last girl told me that my account was set to web access by ip by default.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Program doesnt connect to net with w800i normal WAP works fine with meteor settings :confused:

Always gives an error.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

KdjaCL wrote:
    Program doesnt connect to net with w800i normal WAP works fine with meteor settings :confused:

Always gives an error.

kdjac
    Do you have GPRS set up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

yup works fine on sites.

kdjac

fletch wrote:
    Looks like I'll be...... 4 calls to Meteor today and the conflicting information I have gotten has been shocking. The last girl told me that my account was set to web access by ip by default.

Step 2E of Nokia Configuration is the most crucial to get AFT working

Okay, if Meteor won't enable your account, what you need to do is get a dual sim adapter and use two sims in your phone. Get a new SIM from either Vf or O2 and you can use it to send texts from your Meteor web text plus you'll get another 300 / 250 web texts from your new SIM. It is possible to configure your 6230i for two operators say Meteor on MMS and Vf / O2 for web.

A word of caution don't buy them off ebay, look here

TheBatman wrote:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52056912&postcount=7

Your 6230 would originally have had Vf Live & CSD

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

yapyap wrote:

Step 2E of http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52055309&postcount=1 is the most crucial to get AFT working

Okay, if Meteor won't enable your account, what you need to do is get a dual sim adapter and use two sims in your phone. Get a new SIM from either Vf or O2 and you can use it to send texts from your Meteor web text plus you'll get another 300 / 250 web texts from your new SIM. It is possible to configure your 6230i for two operators say Meteor on MMS and Vf / O2 for web.

A word of caution don't buy them off ebay, look at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054989132

I emailed meteor again for a laugh to c if i could get them to send me on the settings and enable my account. I saiid i was trying to connect to my laptop but i am unable to do so with the wap settings they insist on having me use.. here is the reply i got

Thanks for your email. I have provided you with the ISP settings below. If you experience any problems with the settings please contact our customer care team on free phone 1905 so they can assist you. The settings are as follows:

Dial up number is *99# (if it is a Siemens phone then use *99***1#) The username and password is left blank Initialisation string is:

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","ISP.MYMETEOR.IE"

Contact us with any further queries on free phone 1905 or info@meteor.ie.

Regards,

Lads what the hell are they on about???????:confused:

I emailed meteor again for a laugh

Lads what the hell are they on about???????:confused:

You're on a V3 right?
    Have you created a new Web Session like I told showed you earlier here ?
    Have you set this web session as the default?

If you're stuck on how to create / activate a web session try lookinhg at your manual. If you no longer have one get one here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Brianb8802

Feedback for nokia 6680 on O2 billpay.

Works ok but when it comes to the results screen, it is just blank, everything else works ok, reciever gets the message. Anyone else tried it on this phone.

Tested it on 6600 and 6230 and it works perfectly.

BTW only got the 6680 yesterday, very very nice phone!! :cool:

Brianb8802 wrote:
    Feedback for nokia 6680 on O2 billpay.

Works ok but when it comes to the results screen, it is just blank, everything else works ok, reciever gets the message. Anyone else tried it on this phone.

Tested it on 6600 and 6230 and it works perfectly.

BTW only got the 6680 yesterday, very very nice phone!! :cool:
    Thats weird. Can you please try the midp 1.0 version from here:
    http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/midp1/aft.jar

to see if this makes a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Ok I'm sorry if it has been asked already but will this work with vodafone/any plans to do so?
    thanks

• Advertisement

Ok I'm sorry if it has been asked already but will this work with vodafone/any plans to do so?
    thanks

It already works with vodafone. (I will get a moderator to change the first post).

Give it a whirl and let us know what you think.

dal wrote:
    Thats weird. Can you please try the midp 1.0 version from here:
    http://www.killarneyonline.eu/o2text/midp1/aft.jar

to see if this makes a difference?

Just tried that, and the same thing happened :confused: but this time i havent recieved any text. It could be that its just slow, i sent it about 15min ago. But i cant be sure since nothing is comming up on the results screen

Brianb8802 wrote:
    Just tried that, and the same thing happened :confused: but this time i havent recieved any text. It could be that its just slow, i sent it about 15min ago. But i cant be sure since nothing is comming up on the results screen

God thats weird, so do you see the please wait screen?

dal wrote:
    God thats weird, so do you see the please wait screen?

Yeah that comes up normally, with the dots going accross the screen, but then the results screen has no writing at all.

Brianb8802 wrote:
    Yeah that comes up normally, with the dots going accross the screen, but then the results screen has no writing at all.
    Strange. Ok, if you go back to the first version of AFT (the one in the link in the first post, the MIDP 2.0 version):

1. Does the phone vibrate when you get the blank screen?
    2. Does the blank screen have a title (should say "Result")?
    3. Is the number that you sent the message to saved in the recent numbers list?

dal wrote:
    Strange. Ok, if you go back to the first version of AFT (the one in the link in the first post, the MIDP 2.0 version):

1. Does the phone vibrate when you get the blank screen?
    2. Does the blank screen have a title (should say "Result")?
    3. Is the number that you sent the message to saved in the recent numbers list?

Yes, yes and yes. How you know this stuff?? :eek:

I tried it when you enter the number manually aswell and the same thing.

But the messages are gettin delivered, so it all good

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

network vodafone, 6680

right it installs grand and i have deleted all settings and reconfigured through the nokia site and i downloaded the file using my phone so i know it shouldnt be a phone issue. all login details are correct but soon as i try to send it it asked for network access allowance, then asks which one i use, i pick VF ISP or vodafone live gprs settings and hit ok and i get your message could not be sent. any ideas?

edit...
    i went into packet data in configurations...do i need to setup an access point in there? currently it says none

splinter wrote:
    network vodafone, 6680

right it installs grand and i have deleted all settings and reconfigured through the nokia site and i downloaded the file using my phone so i know it shouldnt be a phone issue. all login details are correct but soon as i try to send it it asked for network access allowance, then asks which one i use, i pick VF ISP or vodafone live gprs settings and hit ok and i get your message could not be sent. any ideas?

edit...
    i went into packet data in configurations...do i need to setup an access point in there? currently it says none

Where do you see the "Your message could not be sent"? Does it have "Result" at the top of this screen? Do you first see a "Please wait your message is being sent..." screen for a couple of seconds?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i try to sen to myself and got your message is being sent to 087*******, please wait........................

sorry my bad, the error i get is
    Result

There was a problem sending your message,

that was using the vodafone live gprs setting, it takes longer to get that too then the other two, like its sending/recieving info

edit:
    sorry dal, i just wanna say thanks for taking the time to write and come up with the idea for AFT, you too webmonkey and all those involved. its very much appreciated. thanks again

• Advertisement

splinter wrote:
    i try to sent to myself and got your message is being sent to 087*******, please wait........................

sorry my bad, the error i get is
    Result

There was a problem sending your message,

that was using the vodafone live gprs setting, it takes longer to get that too then the other too, like its sending/recieving info
    It seems like you are almost there. Either the login information that you are entering is incorrect (are you sure you have the login details entered properly? To modify these, in the "write new screen, go to "More" and then "Login Details"")?
    Either that or the server is down.

Would it be possible for you to try it with O2 or Meteor details?

Advertisement