Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro + Sky satelite

• 30-08-2006 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

Just got installed with Metro today and so far it has been a piece of cake to order and very swift install. Download and upload speeds are perfect as well so it would seem it is a good service.
    Only one small snag......... I have sky and the installers put the box on the chimney about a foot above the dish and I seem to be getting a lot of interference while watching the TV. If I plug the Metro radio out it goes away so it's fairly obvious what is causing the problem.

Anyone have any ideas? I've not contacted digiweb yet as I wanted to see if others have had this happen first?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

bindybandy wrote:
    Just got installed with Metro today and so far it has been a piece of cake to order and very swift install. Download and upload speeds are perfect as well so it would seem it is a good service.
    Only one small snag......... I have sky and the installers put the box on the chimney about a foot above the dish and I seem to be getting a lot of interference while watching the TV. If I plug the Metro radio out it goes away so it's fairly obvious what is causing the problem.

Anyone have any ideas? I've not contacted digiweb yet as I wanted to see if others have had this happen first?

Thanks

It should not easily happen, but it can. PM me your WIR number and I will get someone to look at it for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

are the cables from the antenna/dish to the radio/set top box close together...thats purely out of interest mind as I'm sure DW will sort it :D ...and how long is this close together run of cable ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

Well turned out it the two devices were just too close together the dish and the Radio device I mean. They were not physically that close but somehow it interfered with the signal. I've had the installers pop back out again and fair play they have been excellent from start to finish.
    I also got very fast support in getting this sorted out and I did not have to make one phone call. It took 3 days an several hours just to get through to Eircom and NTl collectively to cancel the services so that puts it in perspective! (I only hope they don't get too big and forget about individual customers like so many ISP's have done before)

Apart from not being able to use the service much during the week due to it interfering with the telly I'd highly recommend them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'm surprised that a notorious satellite addict with Metro in the home ...like Watty..... never came across that one :p but his metro signal is north IIRC

it could be an iffy component in either of the boxes caused the other to 'respond' too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

My Sat dishes and Metro "lunch boxes" are not even mounted on the same building, but the Modem sits on its end on the Skybox, at the far end from the Skybox PSU.

The Sky box PSU makes the Dect phone buzz if its base is beside the PSU end of Digibox.

• Advertisement
Advertisement