Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N70

• 30-08-2006 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Just got a nokia n70 from a mate. The battery is only lasting one day. I dont know how long he had it, it may have developed a memory effect. How long does your battery last.
    Also while I am at it is anyone having bluetooth issues with the phone. I upgraded it to the latest edition and also the phone kit (parrot ck3100). It wont connect and when it does I cant access the phonebook through the car kit.

By the way I love the phone and want to use it but must resolve the above issues first.

Thanks
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

go into main menu and then to

Tools->Settings->Network->Network Mode

then change it from "Dual Mode" to "GSM"

should improve battery life alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Pataman wrote:
    Just got a nokia n70 from a mate. The battery is only lasting one day. I dont know how long he had it, it may have developed a memory effect. How long does your battery last.
    Also while I am at it is anyone having bluetooth issues with the phone. I upgraded it to the latest edition and also the phone kit (parrot ck3100). It wont connect and when it does I cant access the phonebook through the car kit.

By the way I love the phone and want to use it but must resolve the above issues first.

Thanks
    Pat

The N70 won't transfer it's phonebook to the CK3100 without installing this application:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4164022?url=http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/software/Nokia_810_Contacts_Sync.SIS

Also what firmware version is on your N70? (*#0000# will tell you)

hey skearon any chance on you pming me those nokia codes. and did the paypal get through all right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Lads as usual you are a mine of information. Job done
    Thanks

#Smokey# wrote:
    go into main menu and then to

Tools->Settings->Network->Network Mode

then change it from "Dual Mode" to "GSM"

should improve battery life alot
    To me it makes no difference whatsoever. I think the whole "3G consumes more power than GSM" is an urban myth.

It could be a firmware problem. My brother had the exact same issue with his 6630 but used the Nokia updater to upgrade the firmware. Now he gets 90 hours out of it. He previously only got 18 hours out of it.

But it could be the battery, hard to tell if you don't know the phone's history.

• Advertisement

not a myth im afraid its been proven.I actually read the 3G uses more power on the nokia discussion forum as i had the same problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Pataman wrote:
    Lads as usual you are a mine of information. Job done
    Thanks

3G does drain the battery more, did you check what firmware you have?

Advertisement