Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

best way to Audio capture

• 30-08-2006 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi,
    just a query on capturing audio when video recording an event. Would ye rely on an external mic attached to the video camera allowing the camera capture audio or are there standard audio capture devices out there that can used and synched up later with the video ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

It would depend on what sort of event you're recording really - do you need just general atmos sound or will you need to clearly hear what people are saying?

A good mic (possibly with a mixer) attached to the camera should be fine. As long as you don't need the boom op to stray too far - in that case an external recording device (like a DAT recorder) would probably be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Or a long Mic Cable.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

cheers for the replies. I've offered to do my friends wedding next year and will be using a canon XL2 with the onboard mic for sound capture. If I screw it up I'll probably be in big trouble so I'm just worried about issues with sound and if people generally use a backup audio recording devices. I'll probably go external mic for the speechs as its a static shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

TBH, you'll probably be able to split the mic that's in the Church and send that into one of the inputs. Then use a rifle mic on a floor stand infront of the priest and couple, get a decent cardioid

John

Advertisement