Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

starting to get spots-goood products??

• 30-08-2006 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Okay well im 14 and just recently i have started to get spots and im hoping to put a stop to them as soon as possible. My forehead and nose are oily while the rest of my face is reletively normal.
    At the moment im using the nivea visage young wash off cleansing gel and the oil free moisturiser but I was wondering if anyone here had any product recommendations for a spot cream or any other skin care products.
    Help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,480 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Spots are often unavoidable, but apart from creams and gels a good way to reduce spots is to adjust your diet. A diet which has high fat and sugary foods (fried food, cheese, sweets) and is lacking in fibre will often result in bad skin. Try to increase your intake of vegetables and take vitamin supplements, zinc is good.)
    A lot of it will be down to hormones, but I reckon if you eat healthily and take it handy on make up and the myriad of cleansers available, it may clear up. (I found Clearasil etc cleared up the problem areas for a short while but eventually aggravated the skin)

I've been told that certain contraceptive pills clear up acne, but I'm obviously not in a position to try them ;)

Garnier Pure products are brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Found hot water and a tough cloth great (skin would break out in spots if I used any of the anti-spot stuff). Could be just me, tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

As colm_mcm said, it could be what you are eating that is causing issues. Just a regular old bar of soap and a cloth for me, those other face soaps drive me mad and leave it in worse shape than it started.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I found/find sudocream to be a wonder cream.

At nighttime wash face with products and then place sudocream on spot. Go to sleep and wash off in the morning. Ok so you look a bit silly with the white cream on your face but sure who's going to see ya :)

A.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I've found tea tree oil to work wonders on spots. Also be sure to wash regularly, just soap and hot water can be the best thing in the world... then apply the tea tree oil!

Be advised that at your age spots are not uncommon. You will grow out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Soap or anything that keeps your skin reasonably dry will keep the spots at bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Soap's not a good idea as it can aggravate the skin.

I get outbreaks all the time(I like my chocolate) and I usually find anything that contains Benzoyl Peroxide (Quinoderm Cream or Panoxyl cream for example) to work wonders. It kills spot causing bacteria and also dries your skin a little, removing the grease problem. Just don't use 10% strength as it will make your skin really dry and it'll start to flake.

There was a thread on PI just recently. The OP had more serious acne but there are still good tips in there: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054982555

Advertisement