Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer Aspire 1312xc HDD took an upercut

• 30-08-2006 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Won't go into the details. As far as I can tell my HDD is dead. When I power up I get Splash with option to ESC for boot sequence or F2 to configure for a second, then nothing . If I opt for ESC then default boot is CD, if I set this to C: and enter then nothing, escept HD light lights and stays on no flicker and no chnage.
    I have the following questions:
    1. Has anbody done a HD swap on an Acer, i.e. do I need something from the old disc. I have the 3 recovery CD's that came withthe laptop.
    2. Are all laptop HD's of same dimension suitable as replacement. I see nowafflecomputers.ie have them for around €60. My HD is Toshiba MK2018GAP.
    Realise I will probably have to go.to Acer for definite answer to Q 1. But maybe somebody has replaced laptop HD with generic type.
    tnx
    dOH

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You'll need the caddy that came with the original drive, other then that, any old 2.5" will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭dohouch

Thast good news on using generic HDD. Have emailed Acer about whether I have enough in the 3 origonal recovery discs to get machine up and running again. Wait and see what they say. Thanks for reply

Just counted the pins on my Toshiba (origonal Acer) hard drive. There are 47 pins.
    I don't see any laptlop hard drive on the nowaffle site with 47 pins

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Advertisement