Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Home cinema surround sound query

• 30-08-2006 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hello,
    I just bougth this surround sound system,
    however I am having trouble connecting it to my laptop, or even my Tv and am wondering wether it is possible,

It has the following holes at the back of it a group of eight consisting of four red and four white
    Red: R FR SUB SR
    White: L FL Cen SL

and another group of five which I assume are for the speakers

2 red: FR, SR
    and
    2white: FL, SL,
    and
    1 yellow Cen

ALl of the holes are that size which appears to be one bigger than the standard headphone hole,

sorry for being such a novice but would greatly apreciate any help thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Your first batch of connections look like the actual speaker outputs.

Your second batch are like 2 sets of RCA auxillary inputs and a video input in the center.
    Why a video one, I do not know. Maybe it's for something else other than video.

Have you read the user book?
    What they more than likely are, is to allow full surround sound input from a PC by using 3 sets of 3.5mm jacks to rca plugs.

If you plan on using your laptop to output sound, you will need a 3.5mm jack to L-R audio RCA plugs.
    http://www.geek-guy.com/images/isimages/DB255-037.jpg

Advertisement