Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DDR500 RAM Problem

• 30-08-2006 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok I bought some RAM off ebay just last week and it arrived today. The RAM was 2x1GB Mushkin XP4000

I have it set up in a dual channel config. The main reason I bought it was that I run my current cpu at 250x11 (2750) and wanted to be able to run the RAM at 1:1 without any problems, and also have some headroom for any more increases in the CPU clock. Upon installing it, I set the timings to 3-4-3-8 1T and left the HTT at 250. The system just kept on resetting. I then loosened the timings and done some testing.

The best I can get with them to is 3-4-3-8 1T @ 230HTT @ 2.8v. Are these duds or could my mobo possibly be causing the problem as it isn't rated to support ddr500 (Asus A8n-SLI)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There are more facors then just Cas-tras-trip and the other one. Thats why I love my dfi boards. Chances are your ram would work fine in a similar setup. Try looking for somebody elses sucess story on a oc forum with a similar setup and hope they posted up specific details of all the memory options available to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

2.8 v prolly isnt enough, i run 3.4 to get mine at 242mhz 1:1 4-4-4-8 1t

Advertisement