Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for specific computer case

• 30-08-2006 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok i've been looking around the net all day at cases of every different size, shape and cost. What i've settled on is that I want it to be as noise canceling as possible. Have the PSU positioned at the bottom of the case, have spaces for a 120mm fan at the front and back (maybe a side fan) and pretty much have a screwless case so I can just pull cards and HDDs in and out. It also can't be a behemoth of a case, although i'd consider it if it had all the other requirements.

The Super lanboy looks like a pretty good one, but the psu isn't at the bottom and it isn't screwless. Does anyone else have any recommendations? Or even a website where I could search all cases to find the right one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Have you considered building a case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Antec P180 is what u want... Unless u have a modular psu..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Yep I agree P180 has all the specs you want, separate psu compartment at the bottom of the case and built in sound proofing, bit of a flimsy door on the front but not worth putting you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

SyxPak wrote:
    Have you considered building a case?

we don't all have a rivet gun lying about ;) I actually had considered it, but I have neither the tools nor the time to build it.

The p180 actually does look pretty good, the built in toolbox is a great idea. I'm kind limited on space under the desk though. So I guess i'll be selling the desk :D I had considered this one from enermax as the huge side fan is a big bonus, and I like that the pwr/rst and usbs are on top of the case, its also tooless, the only thing going against it is the PSU position.

The only problem I can see with the p180 is that i'd never be able to put a window or fan in the side of it as it would negate the whole point of the sound dampening. I guess I can't have my cake and See it :p ?

Has anyone had any experience with these, how are they at cooling and heat dissipation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

why does it have to be tooless?
    u gonna be swapping mobos and hdds that often?? if not then you dont HAVE to have a tooless case

I MIGHT be selling a cm stacker with window + crossblower fan if sale of the whole pc doesnt materialize, psu can be installed on bottom, 2 120mm intakes on front (could be 3 if u put another in) and 1x 120 exhaust + 2x80mm exhaust and the crossblower fan is also an intake , oh and an 80mm exhaust on top :p sweet case and easy to install hdds etc, granted depending on what fans u use it isnt the quietest case but i have 2 fan controllers also :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

thinking about it, the main reason I got irritated with all the screws was when I was modding the case i'd need to take most of the hardware out, and then put it back in again. But if I went for the p180 I wouldn't be really modding the case at all as it seems like antec have thought of everything for me and therefore i'd be leaving most of the stuff in it.

I'm thinking i'm going to go for a bit of a mullet setup (i.e. business in the front being the p180, then i'll have a cheaper comp and case that I can mod in the back for fun)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Is that an external sata port on the enermax? now thats a good idea!:D

Advertisement