Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I didn't get Halls for next year and I didn't get Schols, so I'll have to live in the real world. Boo-urns. I hope I'm near a LUAS or a DART though, because I don't like buses very much.

I agree, I had enough of buses last year, being stuck in traffic is so frustrating. If I don't get schols next year I'll be living close to the Luas or the DART in third and fourth year.

*is very glad to be living close to the LUAS again next year*

Oh, and anyone who thinks you don't have to stand on Bus Eireann buses; you're wrong. It might not happen as often, but it certainly does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

was a frequent event for me in my youth...... busses to shannon airport were busy :/ , stupid tourists,...but on the flip side we normally got the nicest busses in the fleet so when ye got a seat it was comfey...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Pet wrote:
    IOh, and anyone who thinks you don't have to stand on Bus Eireann buses; you're wrong. It might not happen as often, but it certainly does happen.

Oh, I know it happens, fortunately not to me though ... yet, at any rate :rolleyes:

Some idiot is listening to music in the labs and it's so loud I can hear it through his headphones ...grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Hermione* wrote:
    Never had to stand on bus eireann, thank God. And only once on the train, til all the commuters got out in Tipperary.
    Commuting from Tipperary to Dublin or Tipperary to Limerick or where?

IIRC, it was a Friday and mostly people commuting to Dublin from Thurles or Templemore. I was so relieved when they all got off and I could sit down for the rest of the journey to Limerick.

• Advertisement

5:15 direct which only stops in templemore n thurlus? like that train....

in ranting/moaning news stupid lecturer stood up our class for a rev lecture..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

My rant/bitch/moan for now is the way europerson shortens the word "statistics".

Matthew, it is not acceptable to write Stat.'s. Stop it. Now. Good boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Matthew, it is not acceptable to write Stat.'s. Stop it. Now. Good boy.
    But it's the plural of a contraction! I'm going home now, so leave me alone.

stats on the other hand is quite acceptable and is used by students of the stats dept and lecturers alike ;)

• Advertisement

5:15 direct which only stops in templemore n thurlus? like that train....

Dead on :D I nearly always get a seat by the window too, which I like ;)

yeah its best when ye get one of the really old trains with the leather seats, then its well comfey(and openable windows too) , for a good nap....

the commuter trains that they occasionaly use are only usefull for the plug sockets in em....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I came on here about to rant about how i thought the bint beside me had nicked my red pen when i wasnt looking.

then i scratched my left ear.

long story short, i've found my pen!

&#231 wrote: »
    I came on here about to rant about how i thought the bint beside me had nicked my red pen when i wasnt looking.

then i scratched my left ear.

long story short, i've found my pen!

If I call you 'idiot' do I get banned for personal abuse? :p
    Just a question, I'm not saying you actually are :D

...although seriously, losing a pen behind your ear :rolleyes:

Its not the first time its happened. i was seriously pissed off, couldnt find it - convinced your wan had taken it. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the smae happened with my glasses recently, spent ten minutes looking for them, then went to the Toilet, then relised i was wearing them when i washed my hands...

Once when I was drunk, I was wearing my contacts, but of course forgot, so I wore my glasses too, and then spent a few hours honestly believing I was going blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

damn spending too much time online, i was wrecked today, and when i was on the bus, though unlike most people here i quite like the bus but then i do have the priviledge of living on the 46A bus route with an option of 10 bus straight out of belfield so its not quite the same, i found out that i had forgotten my ear phones for my mp3. so left my stuff in the lecky, being in late means no nice desk on the 3rd floor of the ussher, club lecky with its social networking and discussion (gossip) circles were where it was at today, so anyway got on a bus and went home again. as you do for the craic. seems like a slight waste of time with hindsight.

thats not really a moan. it rained but i had an umbrella.

46A is a privilege now?

Hmm I suppose it does go quite frequently, but it's still a bus like..

I'm slooooowly getting study done, it's like pulling teeth. But it's progress. Hello lac operons, hello homeobox genes. I like you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

46A was really slow today (4 o'clock) - there wasn't a bus for at least 25 minutes, in the end I got the 45 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Pet wrote:
    46A is a privilege now?

Hmm I suppose it does go quite frequently, but it's still a bus like..

i solemly swear to learn to use html properly and such so i never post like this again. but yeah it comes quite frequently and i love empty buses...

[Edited by Ian]
    Since well it was way too huge
    [/Edit]

Hermione* wrote:
    If I call you 'idiot' do I get banned for personal abuse? :p
    Just a question, I'm not saying you actually are :D
    Is it really abuse if its true ? ;)

I got a nightlink home where i was the only one, other than the driver, on it. was sooo pleasant...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

i solemly swear to learn to use html properly and such so i never post like this again. but yeah it comes quite frequently and i love empty buses...

[Edited by Ian]
    Since well it was way too huge
    [/Edit]

Didn't read my post above... lol (the 46A has spoilt me though, I expect buses every 15 minutes now :eek: )

Is it really abuse if its true ? ;)

I'm saving this post as a future defence, should it ever be required!

I'm so fucking tired, and have so much to do before tomorrow's exam, but I really need to get sleep before an exam for a change, ugh :mad:

LOL @ scrubs "As part of your treatment i recommend that you masturbate 5 times a week"

Todd to pregnant carla : "Hey I felt it move!"
    Carla : "Todd your holding your crotch"

LOL @ scrubs "As part of your treatment i recommend that you masturbate 5 times a week"
    Deadly, though i would like to know what condition i've been treating all these years...

That's less than once a day though ....hardly an increase, is it? :p

Crash, nobody wants to know ... down, boy :p

• Advertisement

&#231 wrote: »
    Deadly, though i would like to know what condition i've been treating all these years...
    Heh. :D

Also: AAAAAAHHH CROWS.

They're always on the roof above my window and they fly down and sit on my windowsill and stare in at me while I'm trying to study. Creepy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement