Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hermione* wrote:
    Crash, nobody wants to know ... down, boy :p

seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Neil wrote:
    Deadly, though i would like to know what condition i've been treating all these years...
    Hermione* wrote:
    That's less than once a day though ....hardly an increase, is it? :p
    That'd be the joke they had too, naturally a comment from jd about cutting back.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

seconded.

I'm beginning to like you, you appear to have great wisdom (i.e., you agree with me) ;)
    That'd be the joke they had too, naturally a comment from jd about cutting back.....

Y'see, Ian, I'm just that clever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Boo, Americans stole the Dail :P

Europerson pointed this out yesterday i think it was?

Dail Eireann:
    http://eire.land.free.fr/photos/voyage/leinster.jpg
    White House:
    http://www.photo.net/photo/pcd0158/white-house-7.4.jpg

from the first floor of Leinster House up, its quite similar.

"Do you know how many innocent cows were raped to make that cake, or as you say milked"
    American Dad is kewl ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

castletownhouse.jpg

In fairness, Kildare steals it again.

castletownhouse.jpg

In fairness, Kildare steals it again.

Is that Carton? Carton was the country residence of the Fitzgeralds, the Earls of Leinster. The first Duke of Leinster (I think he was the ninth Earl, but not sure) built Leinster House on what was then the unfashionable side of town. As he said, 'If I reside there, society will follow me'. And it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Nein, it's Castletown House, about 3 miles from Carton. They do look similar though, but resemblence is not as strong as between Castletown/Leinster/White House.

Ouch. my eh, elbow just kinda popped out of place. meaning every timeit touched something, it hit my funny bone. that was bizarre to say the least!

Nein, it's Castletown House, about 3 miles from Carton. They do look similar though, but resemblence is not as strong as between Castletown/Leinster/White House.

Ah, so I was on track ... Castletown's first chatelaine was the sister of the first Duchess of Leinster. They were two of the daughters of the Duke of Richmond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

On the day of the Ball, I spent fifteen minutes looking for my cuff-links, which turned out to be in my shirt already.

Castletown is a mightily impressive piece of architecture, more impressive, in my opinion, than Carton. At least Castletown retains a lot of its original parkland, which I'm sure good Leixlipians like Enda appreciate. Carton used to have the finest Georgian parkland in Ireland or arguably the British Isles, but it was unbelievably turned into a golf course in one of the worst cases of architectural desecration in the world. (One can see this developing into a rant).

Anyway, maybe I won't rant, but I ought to. A funny story about Carton is that of the FitzGeralds and an IRA raid. During the 1920's, the IRA thought it would be a "great idea" to burn Protestant families out of their large country homes (I could start another rant here about how the IRA destroyed more of Ireland's historic archiecture than any other organisation, but I shall resist). An IRA unit turned up at Carton with the intention of burning it down. However, a member of the FitzGerald family brought a portrait of the then Lord Edward FitzGerald (later His Grace The 7th Duke of Leinster), a distinguished Irish patriot, and the IRA-men decided against burning Carton. It's a shame that it was as good as burned by stupid private investors, who sought to build a stupid golf-course for stupid freaks like in the above stupid photograph (linked).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

&#231 wrote: »
    Boo, Americans stole the Dail :P

Europerson pointed this out yesterday i think it was?
    Might have been me, I remember saying something about something, but iirc europerson corrected whatever stupid thing i had said.

whatever stupid thing i had said.

you say/do something stupid..never

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I got a nightlink home where i was the only one, other than the driver, on it. was sooo pleasant...

Happens to me all the time - on the 48N, more than half the time I'm the only one left for the last few miles. God bless isolation. And it's "nitelink" - Dublin Bus is hip to the groove, yo. And so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Americanised spelling is never hip nor groovy imo :p

Wat up dawg? (I cannot believe I just typed that :eek:)

Thirdfox wrote:
    Americanised spelling is never hip nor groovy imo :p

Wat up dawg? (I cannot believe I just typed that :eek:)

if it helps, neither can i

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

This'll come back to haunt me in court 15 years down the line... "M'lord, or should I say, Yo! Dawg!..." :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

For some reason, proxy1.tcd.ie seems to be unusable around this time every night..but proxy2 works. Anyone (Ian?) know why?

Also, my bathroom drain is blocked. I should leave the shower running and turn the bathroom into a pool..now that'd be fun.

feeling unbelievably stoopid, and thats not a typo for once

hmm sleep. why is it so diffciult to get sleep before exams? getting slowly but surely addicted to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

getting slowly but surely addicted to boards.
    We all know that that's only since I returned to these digital lands.

• Advertisement

We all know that that's only since I returned to these digital lands.

hahaha...not

but whatever it suits you to believe, i mean you've had a tough week:rolleyes:

Pet wrote:
    For some reason, proxy1.tcd.ie seems to be unusable around this time every night..but proxy2 works. Anyone (Ian?) know why?
    I'm afriad not, don't use proxy1/2....

shay_562 wrote:
    Happens to me all the time - on the 48N, more than half the time I'm the only one left for the last few miles. God bless isolation. And it's "nitelink" - Dublin Bus is hip to the groove, yo. And so forth.
    Scarily enough, it was a 48N. what with living at the terminus and all, its usually how it happens for me. Stupid 15N not running during the week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

48N is always packed when I'm on it. Although I always seem to end up on the 44N where you've such joys as knife fights and constant vomiting.

With this post, the rant bitch moan thread becomes #10 top posted on - should be refreshed by morning :)

Actually, the 'pool thread is now on #3074, so we've a bit to go!

Rant: I got soaked on today just when I went to get my lunch. Bah.

so get a posting?

You can count on me to have something to bitch about, anyway.

Firstly, my kitchen, which by now needs to be quarantined. If I was dying of hunger, I could scrape the counters and the cooker, and there would be enough half-rotted food residue to tide me over for at least two meals.

Secondly, the lack of developmental biology notes or lecture slides on the web. It's a pain in the ass.

And thirdly, I slept in again today. More valuable study time wasted..

eww

• Advertisement

By the way, if the top ten most posted on threads was calculated as posts per day, this would be above Countdown.

Come on, people! Get your bitch on! Look at that for weather outside, etc..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement