Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Pet wrote:
    There's an inverse relationship between the imminence of my exams and my tolerance for D4 saps. The weather seems to have brought them all out of the woodwork - they're EVERYWHERE, with their ****ing Stillorgo rindabites and Sandymounsh this and Dorsh that. If August brings the yearly headwreck that is Spanish students (loud, yellow, annoying, much like wasps except you can't set their nest on fire and watch them burn), then May brings the D4 saps and their oversized sunglasses and DREADFUL MUSIC. Yes Fiachra, if I have to listen to anymore of the Kaiser Chiefs you keep playing, I'll strangle you with
    a) the (white, always white. even if it's an especially clueless sap who didn't realise that you have to have an iPoo to be "one of the goys", (s)he'll still have white earphones. "Loike, they won't clash with my shoes!!" *sound of me bludgeoning sap with heavy object*) headphones you left in your pocket, or
    b) the scarf you have draped around your skinny, chicken-like neck (all the easier to do business with), you drooling, spluttering imbecile.

Oh, and while I'm on about dreadful music, I had to listen to five James Blunt songs today whilst shopping in Dunnes. Dunnes, if you had any fucking concept of good point-of-sale marketing, you'd realise that playing music that makes your customers feel physically ill and nauseous while they're considering buying food from you is a BAD FUCKING IDEA.

And what the fuck is with all the people in Halls adopting the D4 accent too? People I know from Galway, Longford and Cavan..all arrived with normal accents for their hometowns. All now have that same stupid vaguely-Californian, I-watch-the-OC-religiously-because-I'm-a-mindless-twigbrained-meatpuppet twang, and the vacuous attitude that goes with it.

I want to smash and burn things every time I hear that accent. Smash, burn, and strangle until eyes pop out of sockets.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH exams are making me crazier with each passing moment.

I'm a hybrid. Doddy is from D4 and mammy is from Leitrim. So, i alternate 'loike' with 'ah, shure'. It's genetic, or something. I can't help it.

So, I have a signed copy of one of the Ross O'Carroll Kelly books. It was before Christmas, and i wiped out half my present buying list in one go at that signing. Fair play to Paul Howard, he amended each inscription according to what school the intended recipient had attended.

But, how did the dreadful Ross O'Carroll Kelly lifestyle get so prevalent? I'm with Pet on this one, wtf are people from Mayo thinking reading these books and trying to ape the lingo? You grew up on a farm, why, oh why are you wearing dubes, hiking up that collar and bitching about AJHs? I read those books and shudder as the school day memories return. I read those books to celebrate the fact i'm not around those people any more. Most of my friends read them for the same reason. Those books are not lifestyle manuals, they're ripping the piss out of a type of person, and exposing the sad, empty holes where their souls should be.

Oh, and, a note to all those boys out there - real men don't wear pastels. Wtf is up with the baby pink/baby blue t-shirts?

And, girls, hair straighteners - life is too short. Really, waaaaaay too short to be using what is essentially an overpriced iron to burn your hair. And, nobody believes that orange colour is natural.

And, to both genders, you live in Ireland. IRELAND, where it RAINS. Lots. It's cloudy. You don't need to have sunglasses in winter. Or, tbh, most of spring and summer too. Why, oh, why do you have them perched on the top of your head? Some people say they have eyes on the back of their heads, do you have them on the top of yours? Freaks.

And, to all those D4 types who are loike, so very caring and all and going off to some far off, third world country (cos, like, the beer is so cheap, and i'll get a tan) to teach starving orphans English this summer. You are not part of the solution, you are a poxy tourist expecting me to pay for your holiday with your poxy 'fundraising' night in some ****ty niteclub, or your bag packing in some supermarket, or your raffle that doddy bought the prizes for. Ffs, if you care so much about those poor kiddies send over the money you would have spent on your plane ticket so that they can buy some food. The Pav will be full of them next October, wearing their crap hippy beads made by child labour, earnestly telling a group of friends that "yah, loike, i really connected to the local culture, loike, omg, everything was so cheap".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Tired and Addicted and Tired, and tired because i'm addicted and more bitchy emails from my class. moany, groany possibly lonely, according to Angryb horny. :(:o;)

missed my first night link. in need of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I read those books to celebrate the fact i'm not around those people any more. Most of my friends read them for the same reason. Those books are not lifestyle manuals, they're ripping the piss out of a type of person, and exposing the sad, empty holes where their souls should be.

Oh, Christ, the only thing more irritating than D4-heads are D4-heads who read those books (most of them don't realise it's a newspaper column, because most of them wouldn't know a newspaper if you force-fed it to them, and wouldn't have noticed the books if it weren't for the bright covers and childish, 'crazy' lettering) and don't realise that they're having the piss taken out of them!!! I swear, the orange girls in my secondary school used to read those and simper and giggle and say "Omigod, that is, like, so totally what Neasa was doing with Finían last night in Bondi! These books are, like, so real, and stuff", and it took every fibre of my being not to slap the **** out of them.

Incidentally, I'm in a much more cheerful mood than I was earlier (not that you'd know it from the above), but I'll save that for the woohoo thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I won't even start on the D4 thing, it annoys me so much. How the fuck these people went to three grand a year schools and were never taught how to pronounce the letter t is beyond me. It's called the dart, ffs, not dorsh.

No sleep, was in bed for five hours. Have a scarily difficult exam at 2pm, trying to interpret the philosophy of the Enlightenment in the music of Hadyn, and the effects of Joseph II's reforms in Austria on the storyline of Don Giovanni. Oh dear God.

Plus, got soaked walking to college. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Black_Couch

I know this topic has probably been done to death but Dubes.

They are €100 :eek:
    They look terrible

BUT I've heard they are
    Comfortable
    Last long

Who cares if they are comfortable and last long? Plenty of runners and shoes last long and are comfortable while being cheaper than €100! And Dubes with Tracksuit bottoms? I've only seen it for the first time this year. I mean I heard about it before but I had to see it to believe it. Its like wearing runners with a suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Pet wrote:
    And what the fuck is with all the people in Halls adopting the D4 accent too? People I know from Galway, Longford and Cavan..all arrived with normal accents for their hometowns. All now have that same stupid vaguely-Californian, I-watch-the-OC-religiously-because-I'm-a-mindless-twigbrained-meatpuppet twang, and the vacuous attitude that goes with it.
    That really is worrying. I cite a particular example of a girl from Cork, who arrived in my course all "how's it going, like, you langer?", but has now metamorphosed into "Ohmigod! I am so not talking to you today." Cue chorus from Leitrim friend: "Ohmigod, I know. That is like so totally not happening."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

It's ok, The fake tan will smother their pores in time. There's nothing like sitting down for a bit of pillow talk with the bess girls. By "pillow talk" I mean muffled sounds as you wait for their oxygen to run out. I would, at this point mention doing the same to those "Emo" types but they'll finish the job anyway. Saps the lot of them, ARRRRR!

Edit: That may be a bit harsh, on the bess ladies I mean. The emos can still go do what they keep saying they're going to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Dead Ed wrote:
    I would, at this point mention doing the same to those "Emo" types but they'll finish the job anyway. Saps the lot of them, ARRRRR!

:D:D:D:D

I slept it out today, so instead of studying from 9 or 10 this morning, I only got in at 12.30. Shunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

So, i alternate 'loike' with 'ah, shure'. It's genetic, or something. I can't help it.

It's not just the accent though, it's the entire way of talking. I have a couple of friends from D4, with D4 accents, it doesn't bother me because they're not complete saps.
    I would, at this point mention doing the same to those "Emo" types but they'll finish the job anyway. Saps the lot of them, ARRRRR!

Was that a dig at me, beard boy?
    I slept it out today, so instead of studying from 9 or 10 this morning, I only got in at 12.30. Shunts

I'm just up now..

Pet wrote:
    I'm just up now..

I texted Marc around quarter to one to see if he wanted lunch and I woke him up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

woot munster are winning...

...but why is it in this thread? because i can't watch it n must study :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    Was that a dig at me, beard boy? .
    As of today that is an inaccurate description of ed. Well... for the most part anyway. I forgot my phone today and can't take a picture damnit!

ApeXaviour wrote:
    As of today that is an inaccurate description of ed. Well... for the most part anyway. I forgot my phone today and can't take a picture damnit!

It's that time of year when men lose their beards and their faces say hello to fresh air. Of course beards return come winter. Ah the circle of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

If there is one thing that I can't stand its culchies and 'burbans who migrate into MY city and then proceed to slag off the accent I was born with. Honestly! Just because we have better hair, rich doddies, and are manly enough to wear pink!

Oh, and its not loike you lot have unaffected accents! *nods in the direction of europerson*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

That and maintainence issues. And fear of a facial an line. And the fact that I was starting to look like a jew, which clashed with my anti semitism!

I didn't now you were an emo ronan. I'll be feedin you your kneecaps for that!

Dead Ed wrote:
    That and maintainence issues. And fear of a facial an line. And the fact that I was starting to look like a jew, which clashed with my anti semitism!

Just before I shaved mine off some knackbags were slinging racial slurs towards Muslims my way. Saps.

haha class

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Its like wearing runners with a suit.

HEY! I do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

HEY! I do that...

But, does that make it right?

Rant: i wish i could grow a beard. Just to see what it would be like. I imagine it's very comforting to have a beard keeping part of your face warm, something you can hide behind, like a ready made home grown blankie.

Men don't shave for a while *puff of white smoke*....a beard!

Women don't shave their legs for a while *puff of white smoke*.....a celibate hippy! Of course, it'll be a hairy leg day that Colin Farell, that guy off Prison Break and George Clooner will appear to offer me a no strings, weekend of fun frolics.

I know this topic has probably been done to death but Dubes.

They are €100 :eek:
    They look terrible

BUT I've heard they are
    Comfortable
    Last long

They don't last as long as you might think. i got mine 3 and a half years ago and discovered today that there are now holes in the soles. i mean thats such poor value for money, i was expecting to have them forever and ever and ever. i was trying to figure out why they were letting in water.:p

and they do look terrible but they are the best shoes to wear after you've spent the night before attempting to cripple yourself on 4 inch heels. and the attempt is usually successful.

as for D4, (which cos i kept hitting shift twice kept coming up as D$) i've grown to except that it happens. for those who live there with no partciular say in the matter, its an accident of birth. for those who actively turn themselves into a D$ head its pure insanity. i saw a girl today for the first time in about 3 years and she had ripped tracksuit bottoms, Dubes, many carefully/messily layered tops, strings of pearls, phone in hand, accent trapsing up the street ahead of her, rat tail hair half caught up in a clip, big silver bag and black eyeliner circling round her eyes as if tattood or as if she was playing spot the difference had had to pick out the irregularties.* it just looked appalling.

"Loike I'm totally on my way. Loike two mintues"

like where, for lessons in how to not look as if you've gotten dressed in the dark. worse still the girl has red hair, a nice red though as opposed to orange. unfortunately she had orange skin. it was a spectatcularily amusing sight. aside from the fact that i felt embarrassed for her.

*far too much explaining for it to be actually funny.

• Advertisement

in terms of fashion, style and Whatever else, i rarely wear shoes, other then AT work.

why?

Runners are:
    1: more confortable
    2: longer lasting
    3: easier to get in a size 15 ( you know what they say about guys with big feet, wear big shoes.....)

big socks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Black_Couch

HEY! I do that...

really? I don't think I've EVER seen it. Closest I've seen is a blazer with jeans and runners. I mean a suit with a tie, like slacks, how do u wear runners with slacks?

Google has not helped me here. I've tried runners and sneakers and suit. To no avail.

works well with black suit and Black runners....

no, no it dosn't.

I watched some of the Eurovision while eating dinner. Now this is not actually that much of a rant. Because Lithuania's entry was so poor, so utterly ridiculous that I laughed so hard that soup came down my nose.

Anyone who saw it will know what I'm talking about. I sat there roaring my head off laughing, and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, some fat bald guy came out and had a seizure on stage (it was actually part of the act), to the sound of a violin solo.

Oh man. Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Ireland gave 12 points to Lithuania - rightly so! :D Finland came second (with our points). Lordi won btw.

The votes probably came from Lithuanians living in Ireland though. I may not have much faith in Ireland's taste in music, but I know they at least have ears.

Though surely considering all the entries were likely crap would you not vote for the one that gave you the most entertainment? in this case spewing stuff out your nose laughing at how bad it was?

• Advertisement

when will 2nd years learn to SHUT THE **** UP?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement