Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Pet wrote:
    Because Lithuania's entry was so poor, so utterly ridiculous that I laughed so hard that soup came down my nose.
    "We are the winners... of Eurovision! (We are, we are.) Vote for the winners..."
    Oh, and its not loike you lot have unaffected accents! *nods in the direction of europerson*
    Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

when will 2nd years learn to SHUT THE **** UP?
    When you slap them about the head and say "Yeah, NOW yo' is ma bitch."

If one of them gets ign'nt push them back, take out the glock from you crotch, hold it just above eye-height, sideways with your wrist cocked at a slightly downward angle (just make sure not to actually fire it as you'll likely break your wrist) and say: "Wooooooweeee! Somebody gettin BRAVE up in here".

Then go right up close and slowly push the gun into his temple and knock off the safety. Keep pushing him into prostration until you see the perspiration begin to gather and he begins his pitiful whimpers of mercy. At this point turn around as if you've had a sudden change of heart. When they've begun to relax a little spin around violently and pistol-whip his jaw into a shattered mess. Then spit on him, kick him once in the ribs and swagger away shaking your head.

They won't talk again...

ApeXaviour wrote:

If one of them gets ign'nt push them back, take out the glock from you crotch, hold it just above eye-height, sideways with your wrist cocked at a slightly downward angle (just make sure not to actually fire it as you'll likely break your wrist) and say: "Wooooooweeee! Somebody gettin BRAVE up in here".

Then go right up close and slowly push the gun into his temple and knock off the safety. Keep pushing him into prostration until you see the perspiration begin to gather and he begins his pitiful whimpers of mercy. At this point turn around as if you've had a sudden change of heart. When they've begun to relax a little spin around violently and pistol-whip his jaw into a shattered mess. Then spit on him, kick him once in the ribs and swagger away shaking your head.

They won't talk again...

Eh, remind me never to piss you off. I was going to rant about the weather, but I'm afraid to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote:

They won't talk again...

Been playing GTA recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I know this topic has probably been done to death but Dubes.

They are €100 :eek:
    They look terrible

BUT I've heard they are
    Comfortable
    Last long

Who cares if they are comfortable and last long? Plenty of runners and shoes last long and are comfortable while being cheaper than €100! And Dubes with Tracksuit bottoms? I've only seen it for the first time this year. I mean I heard about it before but I had to see it to believe it. Its like wearing runners with a suit.

I've been wearing the combination for nearly ten years tbh (I am that old , frigteningly enough). I call the bloody shoes dubarrys though. They last about eighteen months, but they're not €100. Also, the old ones are great for summer wear in the garden or on the beach. I get mine from the same shop in Limerick on sale for about €70. I started wearing them cos they were about the only shoes which complied with school uniform regulations while not being completely vile. I walk virtually everywhere, so the comfiness is actually quite useful. Also a pair of o'neills and decks is about the most comfortable combination to wear when you're in college for twelve hours striaght.

Stupid poxy examiner announced the result at the end of my exam yesterday before I'd a chance to get out of exam mode, and even get excite by the match. Poeple were SO pissed off by it. Presumably some were driving striaght home to watch it. Gaaah! Important news needs to be transmitted properly. Rugby news is always important. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

transmitted properly? i.e. not tell ya?

transmitted properly? i.e. not tell ya?

Well, that'd have been best but, since I don't have an oppurtunity to watch our victory til I get myself to my parents house, rather pointless. But at least be told by somebody with some understanding of how much it means to me that a) I missed the match b) we finally won. Some complete randomer whose voice I associate with doom ( aka exams). :rolleyes:

One of my friends sent me a text just before I came out of the exam, which just asked me did I want to know. I thought that was a really clever move.

Well either way it sucks that i wasn't able to go. which is really my main gripe, though winning is great..but i haven't seen the match.....and didn't get to goto it(did i mention that already?). Getting abuse from people down home for not watching it too.... 'finals, need to pass???'

Well either way it sucks that i wasn't able to go. which is really my main gripe, though winning is great..but i haven't seen the match.....and didn't get to goto it(did i mention that already?). Getting abuse from people down home for not watching it too.... 'finals, need to pass???'

Pfft, tell me about it. And I went the last time!

Did you not tape the match? My Dad now has a tape of Munster matches for Perpignon (which I was at), Leinster (which I saw) and the one I haven't seen yet! :D

At least my friends are being sympathetic. Although I can't believe UL of all places scheduled exams for the match. :eek:

I don't have any sorta video recorder up here...(heck i've not seen a vhs tape in a few years)...i'm sure the parents have it taped at home, though won't be there for another month or so.....

lol UL people with exams, well that ought to have been interesting, i don't suppose projector in the exam hall?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Black_Couch

ApeXaviour wrote:

They won't talk again...

:D made me laugh out loud!

I've a reading pack of business to do in the next few hours and I don't like reading. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I've a reading pack of business to do in the next few hours and I don't like reading. :mad:

reading is grand. Its the business pack which is a load of bollax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misefreisin

organic synthesis is quite frankly a big pile of bollox. i think repeats are gonna be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

What have I let myself in for? I dutifully promised a friend that I'd photocopy my "genetics cramming notes" in return for her photosynthesis cramming notes (as a time-saving measure). Problem is, I have yet to start doing the notes.

So. How to summarise two weeks of genetics and extra reading in a couple of hours..

This should be jolly good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

why, in the name of all thats unholy and bollocks, would college decide to put an exhibition in the BLU the couple of weeks before exams, that means you get tourists wandering around there? and the best part? library security shushes students who say "hi, how are yeh?" to a friend, BUT NOT THE TOURISTS.

*mutter*

My God, the RDS is freezing. Lambswool cardie, two tops, cashmere blend tights, boots, and I was still shivering like a maniac (yes, I was also wearing a skirt :rolleyes:). Fucking cold kept distracting me from my quality waffle on the collapse of Communism.

Also, I don't know if this is the first year UCD and Trinity have both been holding exams in the RDS at the same time, but its pants. We can hear your examiner and I'm assuming you can hear ours, and of course they're talking at different times. I also thought the ucd examiner pretty abrupt and abrasive this morning when attemting to tell tcd students their exam hall was next door. He basically said: 'Your exam hall is next door, get your bags and leave' or something to that effect. FFS, people have exams and are worried, be polite! Students have enought to deal with atm. :rolleyes:

Hermione* wrote:
    My God, the RDS is freezing. Lambswool cardie, two tops, cashmere blend tights, boots, and I was still shivering like a maniac (yes, I was also wearing a skirt :rolleyes:). Fucking cold kept distracting me from my quality waffle on the collapse of Communism.

So I've heard!
    Also, I don't know if this is the first year UCD and Trinity have both been holding exams in the RDS at the same time, but its pants. We can hear your examiner and I'm assuming you can hear ours, and of course they're talking at different times. I also thought the ucd examiner pretty abrupt and abrasive this morning when attemting to tell tcd students their exam hall was next door. He basically said: 'Your exam hall is next door, get your bags and leave' or something to that effect. FFS, people have exams and are worried, be polite! Students have enought to deal with atm. :rolleyes:

It's idiotic having two colleges in the one location. Well done Exams Office.

Myth wrote:
    So I've heard!

I bloody knew after being there for the last week, but I seriously thought I had enough clothes on. Apparently not. :mad:

Myth wrote:
    It's idiotic having two colleges in the one location. Well done Exams Office.

Wasn't in college last year so I wasn't sure if it was a new thing or not. Our exam hall was at least half empty. What's the point in paying the rent if we don't have enough students to fill the hall? So much for Dr Brady's cost cutting. :rolleyes:

But yeah, congrats to both exams offices. Such a stupid idea, as if the rds wan't nasty enough as things stood before. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Nothing like a little healthy slagging between "rival" colleges... are UCD exams still ongoing tomorrow? I'll be there (and bringing some water balloons too :p )

*P.s. I will not

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'll just burn any UCD student who looks at me funny while i'm exam stressed (cept you of course Denise, before anyone says a word :P) exam stress has finally kinda hit, big time. Been here since 7 and am now starting to feel kinda sleepy.

EDIT: also, some absolute asswit has decided that his break from studyinh will be walking up and down along the long window in the ussher. PISS OFF STUPID LITTLE MAN, ITS ****ING ANNOYING AND DISTRACTING. YES I MEAN YOU!

*goes to make text large and hold it up to him*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

"UCD,D Student spontaneously combusts in exam..." What a headline! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Right, so there I was downloading some Maths notes last night at 6:30pm ready to get a good four or five hours study in before my exam this morning. It's 7pm by the time I'm done and I have a headache and decide the lie down for twenty minutes. I wake up at 9:20pm and I have a temperature of over 100 degrees. B.ie_curious is right when he said I'm allergic to exams. This is my sixth set of exams in TCD; I've been ill for at least three.

I call my mammy and ask for advice. I should have known to take Paracetemol myself. I go back to learning about the Hungarian Method of Optimisation. Mammy comes home from sister with a Big Mac meal for me, bless :). I munch that up and feel a good bit better. I study until about half eleven, and catch the end of The Week in Politics and some European Parliament programme. I go to bed at midnight. I cannot sleep. My mind is a flurry of random thoughts. I stare blankly at the LCD-projected light on my ceiling. It gets to half one. It's been an hour and a half and I'm nowhere near sleeping. I go down and drink some warm milk. I realise that I'd done this in the dark, and realise that headache must be quite bad. I bring up my Lemon Jelly CD to try settle my head. It distracts my sufficiently, and by the end of Nervous Tension I feel ready to dump the discman on the bottom bunk. I lie there. Nothing happens. My brain is still considering the strangest, most illogical things. I think I'm delirious. I re-assure myself that I'm not mad by managing to count to ten, I think. But the fact that I'm thinking about the Trinity Ball and astronauts while counting doesn't help. My temperature is making me absolutely freezing. The tiniest liitle gap between the blanket and air provides a draught that makes me horribly uncomfortable. I'm thinking about seaweed. I get another blanket, I'm still freezing. My head is throbbing and now my mind is contemplating Input-Output Economics and Leontiff coefficients. It's now 4:30 am. I have to be up in two hours to catch a train. Two hours of sleep before an exam at max, and I have barely slept so two hours is daydreaming. Daydreaming is also a regular topic, my mind is now contemplating talking about this on the rant/bitch/moan thread. It hits me! I can wrap the blanket around me like a sleeping-bag to eliminate draughts! Brilliant! I remember thinking about how great my little cocoon was. I also remember thinking I could make a pun on boards about being wrapped up in a cuckoon, but I decide it's not funny. I finally sleep. I wake up at 6:15am and know my alarm will be going off soon. I might even have had another little nap at this point. Alarm goes off at 6:30, and mam comes in to make sure I don't sleep it in. She uses the tried and tested hand on the chest technique to measure my temperature and let's me know I'm fine. I have my doubts and send for the thermometer. A temperature of 101 degrees is not fine, mam. I tell her I'll get up at a quarter to. I push the boat a little and leave it until 6:47. I get up, with a temperature, with a headache, but amazingly not feeling too tired. Dad uses the opportunity to get up early, and gives me a lift to the train. I board the train, and take out my paracetemol.

I tell ye, I'm allergic to exams.

&#231 wrote: »
    I'll just burn any UCD student who looks at me funny while i'm exam stressed (cept you of course Denise, before anyone says a word :P) exam stress has finally kinda hit, big time. Been here since 7 and am now starting to feel kinda sleepy.

I won't be there, finished temporarily for two weeks!!!

/dances around comp lab

Oh yeah, actually I will. My friend has an exam tomorrow morning.

Exam stress, welcome to my world, it sucks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hermione* wrote:

mmh my feet got so cold, cos of the rain but thanks to cukoo i was wearing loadsa clothes.

as for the exam centre thing, my mum was convinced i gotten the wrong venue today when she dropped me off. i did end up in the ucd hall briefly, but somwhere in between only seeing a handful of BESS people, and the general lack of pretention present i realised i waisn the wrong place. also there was no one carrying the god awful business pack with them.

ah my feet are nice and dry and warm now.

mmh my feet got so cold, cos of the rain but thanks to cukoo i was wearing loadsa clothes.

Y'see I did wear loads of clothes, even knee high boots which haven't been worn in a month! I thought I was safe, I mean, I've been doing exams for two weeks now! :rolleyes:
    Once I started shivering, I couldn't stop :mad:

Hermione* wrote:

Just off the phone with Exams Office, now although I can't e-mail out everyone, if you're in the RDS you CAN wear your coat into your exam with you. Just you have to ensure that your pockets are completely empty when you're in the exam. They will be checking! This is in response to today's complaints about the coldness.

Tell one, tell all. And if an invigilator isn't told about this, and questions you in the middle of an exam just tell them that you've received permission from the Exams Office.

Pity though, I asked that cloaks be provided if coats weren't to be allowed. Ah well.

haha cloaks would have been deadly, especially with the peasants next door... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

It hits me! I can wrap the blanket around me like a sleeping-bag to eliminate draughts! Brilliant! I remember thinking about how great my little cocoon was. I also remember thinking I could make a pun on boards about being wrapped up in a cuckoon, but I decide it's not funny. I finally sleep.

Should i be disturbed? Flattered? Or....intrigued...? :p
    I tell ye, I'm allergic to exams.

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misefreisin

i have my first exam tomo & just wanna make sure i don't go to the wrong place, considering ucd are in the rds too...we're both in simmonscourt, yes? and...how the hell does that work, is there actually two sepearate halls, cos i don't recall there being two last year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Ha, rds going peasants. Bet you didn't get tea and biscuits in the exam, did yis?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement