Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

at times we appear to be scarily alike.:confused:

but good quality dark chocolate is a must

This thought has occured to me. It's freaky! :eek:

Arggh, people finally moved out of my house and my new rooom needs lots of cleaning and repairs, and also a new window pane! :eek: I had to leave the house to let the frssh air circulate for a while, cos I couldn't do anything while it smelt that bad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

(In response to the "I bring half my kitchen into the exam so I can whip up a nice omelette if I get hungry" posts above)

Into exams I bring the following:
    Slide rule (I use it as a ruler, it's more for novelty than for practical use)
    Mils protractor (large circles, for the drawing of)
    Calculator (when allowed)
    3/4 pens
    Pencil (sharpened at both ends)
    Rubber
    Pencil parer/sharpener/whatever you call it yourself
    Student card
    Myself (c/w clothes)

In the morning for breakfast (around 1130, all my exams are in the afternoon) I have some weetabix. Nothing else until after the exam. I really don't see what the fascination is with bringing in loads of water or food, you're just putting something in front of you that will distract you from the exam..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I really don't see what the fascination is with bringing in loads of water or food, you're just putting something in front of you that will distract you from the exam..........

Low blood sugar + dehydration = poor concentration. I tend not to bring food, partially because eating tends to be noisy and I don't like the idea of distracting other people, partly 'cause (as Barry said) it'd just distract me, since I'd spend the time before I ate it thinking about how much I wanted to eat it, and the time after eating it thinking about how hungry I still was. Exams play havoc with my stomach - I'm always starving during it, but I have almost no appetite before and after an exam. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I bring chocolate (like buttons or maltesers) to reward myself for each page of writing I do. And exams make me thirsty. I go through a litre an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

*shudder*

I am generally unbovvered by any sort of creepy crawly, spiders included. I just don't understand why people are so scared of them, they're harmless.

But centipedes freak the **** out of me. One of them just ran across my arm and I had to stop myself from shouting.

uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhhhhh. *shudder*

• Advertisement

What a **** exam.

Pet wrote:
    What a **** exam.

:(

And boo-urns to centi/millipedes. They live in our bathroom near the toothbrushes. Creeps me out no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Could be worse. You ever heard of silverfish? Used to have loads of the b*stards in our bathroom in this flat I lived in during term-time.

Having said that... Near the toothbrushes you say? Yeah, that's creepier.

Anyway.

Rant/bitch/moan: I'm bored, lonely and melancholic. That'll do.

Someone downstairs (I think it's electrobitch) has had one of those gratingly annoying alarm clocks (you know..."NNNGAAAAA-NNNGAAAA-NNNGAAAAA..") going off for about an hour now.

Maybe if I blow their fusebox it'll solve all my problems? I think I can actually do that from my apartment..

It could be a battery-powered on tho. More than likely.
    Any other ideas?

You could just kill them. No jury in the world could overlook the extenuating circumstances of your plight.

• Advertisement

Turns out it was a flatmate's. It's off now.

*peaceful, zen-like silence once again returns*

SebtheBum wrote:
    Could be worse. You ever heard of silverfish? Used to have loads of the b*stards in our bathroom in this flat I lived in during term-time.

We've loads of silverfish too. They don't really bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭fookchooknooris

centipedes and millipedes are cool. wow, ive never seen a house centipede. where do you find all these creepcrawlies roro? (just looked at the link)

centipedes and millipedes are cool. wow, ive never seen a house centipede. where do you find all these creepcrawlies roro? (just looked at the link)

I just clicked on the link too, I've never seen one of those. Just the regular brown ones. Ugh, they creep me out. Too many legs! Damn you Hox genes, why don't you stop such unnecessary numbers of legs!

yeah, roro catch me one please.

put a saddle on it and ride it over to K... Chook's house.

Yeah! We'll have a cup of green tea.

Nice!

I just clicked on the link too, I've never seen one of those. Just the regular brown ones. Ugh, they creep me out.
    I don't think I've ever seen a regular centipede actually.
    Too many legs! Damn you Hox genes, why don't you stop such unnecessary numbers of legs!
    Heh. I agree. I may not have done great in my exams, but I killed the genetics and developmental questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Pet seeing you run down the exam hall was quite funny yesterday, or else its that perosn who looks scarily like you.

moan: hangover+4 hour plane flight= agony

• Advertisement

Pet seeing you run down the exam hall was quite funny yesterday, or else its that perosn who looks scarily like you.

Dear god. I was nowhere near the centre of Dublin yesterday. My doppelganger strikes again, apparently.

It was me in a wig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

[RANT]

People who think they can speak German, but haven't a clue. W's are pronounced as English V's, people. "ch" is not the same as the English "k". And just because the words go in one order in an English sentence does not mean that they must be in exactly the same order in a German sentence.

<Breaks into German...>

Die schlechteste Sache war, daß diese Leute der Meinung waren, daß ihr Deutsch unfehlbar vollkommen war und daß ich von ihnen erlernen soll.

<Shakes head and stops thinking auf Deutsch.>

[/RANT]

Pffft, Arschloch...

Aww, I understood that..good to see I haven't forgotten it all.

Do you practice or do a language module, Europerson?

Pet wrote:
    Do you practice or do a language module, Europerson?
    Not now. I did German for the Leaving. I usually only get to practise when I go to Germany or Austria and when I help my younger brother, who's in fifth year at school. I'm fairly rusty at this stage. It's something one really needs to practise regularly.

I didn't understand it but thanks to years of listening to German music I can pronounce it

John2 wrote:
    I didn't understand it but thanks to years of listening to German music I can pronounce it
    Gut, gut. Hörst du gern Rammstein? Meine Klasse machte ein Projekt über Rammstein im zweiten Jahr. Ich muß bekennen, daß ich nicht die Gruppe mag.

Sh*t, I'm going to Berlin in July, and I've suddenly - a propos of nothing - realised that I'm really out of practice and ill-prepared for such a journey.

Balls.

• Advertisement

europerson wrote:
    Gut, gut. Hörst du gern Rammstein? Meine Klasse machte ein Projekt über Rammstein im zweiten Jahr. Ich muß bekennen, daß ich nicht die Gruppe mag.

I'm guessing you asked me do I know Rammstein and that you did a school project on them in second year. Last sentance is a mystery to me. I know Rammstein and I like them but my true German love is band from Berlin called Einstuerzende Neubauten. They are class.

copyofdscf00523ae.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement